Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-915458 said: Hi, Is there a way to determine when the recipient opened/read a message you sent ...
(Quote) Dave-915458 said:

Hi,

Is there a way to determine when the recipient opened/read a message you sent them? Most of the folks here do not answer back, so it would be nice to know when they opened it – that way I know that they are not going to answer.

Thank you,

Dave

--hide--
I am hoping for the same thing. This mechanism will provide me with a feedback that they are not interested even without them saying so (thou personally, I prefer to be informed straight up). My problem with the lack of such feedback mechanism is that it leaves a lot of room for speculation (are they not interested? was my message received? are they non-paying members? etc.).

Nov 6th 2012 new

I get WAY too many non-responses. That's just plain rude when someone does not respond.

Nov 6th 2012 new

Thank you guys for responding.

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: That's odd - so if guys send messages, most girls don't answer?
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

That's odd - so if guys send messages, most girls don't answer?

--hide--

Yes, this is true in the case of a loser like me boggled

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Dave, if they are not paying members they cannot reply or read the messages. That may be wh...
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Dave, if they are not paying members they cannot reply or read the messages. That may be why you aren't getting a response.

Cat

--hide--

So, non-paying members cannot “read” messages?? Could someone please confirm this? I thought they only could not send replies i.e. they could read the messages we send them.

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Not receiving a reply is usually the best indicator that they are not going to answ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Not receiving a reply is usually the best indicator that they are not going to answer. Whether they actually read your message or not is really irrelevant.

Because here is how your suggestion will end-up working (feel free to disagree):

If people knew that you would receive a notification that your message was opened that would only result in fewer messages being read, because the recipient would look at your profile and decide whether she's interested in you before she even reads your message. If she decides she's interested, she'll read your message and use the notification of her doing so as a means to indicate her interest rather than sending a reply. If she decides that, by looking at your profile, that she isn't interested, your message will go straight into the trash without being read.

Anyone disagree with that assertion?

--hide--

Thank you Victor. How long do you wait until you do not receive a reply? Either we have this, or we could have a last login date-timestamp. It is illogical to think someone would be interested but not send a reply i.e. indicate her interest by simply opening the message.

This affects me because I generally court/date one at a time i.e. I do not intend to carpet bomb and then see how many girls I catch. Once I get a response, I would focus on that girl. This forces me to meet with girls that I would otherwise ignore. I place all of this in God's hands, so I don’t want to control everything.

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Jacinta-80503 said: They may not be able to respond as such or read the messages but they are ...
(Quote) Jacinta-80503 said:

They may not be able to respond as such or read the messages but they are able to send a smile back. Perhaps their profiles should state that they are non-paying members which would help.

--hide--

I support this whole-heartedly. We should be able to know non-paying members, so we are not left hanging.

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: They don't answer at the same rate men don't answer women.. In other words, b...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

They don't answer at the same rate men don't answer women.. In other words, both are guilty of ignoring the other gender..

--hide--

Thank you Donna. Some other websites like Ave Maria Singles has this feature. I think it would be good for CM to have too.

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I am hoping for the same thing. This mechanism will provide me with a feedback that they are no...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I am hoping for the same thing. This mechanism will provide me with a feedback that they are not interested even without them saying so (thou personally, I prefer to be informed straight up). My problem with the lack of such feedback mechanism is that it leaves a lot of room for speculation (are they not interested? was my message received? are they non-paying members? etc.).

--hide--

Thank you Kahirup – this is exactly how I feel too.

Everyone: I have created a new poll at www.catholicmatch.com please feel free to vote on how you feel.

Thank you,

Dave

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-915458 said: (Quote) Jacinta-80503 said: They may not be able to r...

Quote:
Jacinta-80503 said:

They may not be able to respond as such or read the messages but they are able to send a smile back. Perhaps their profiles should state that they are non-paying members which would help.

I support this whole-heartedly. We should be able to know non-paying members, so we are not left hanging.

--hide--

If I had a $1 for every time this thread was started I'd never have to pay for my membership here! rolling eyes

Admin has stated continuously that membership status is and always remain confidential.

theheart

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-915458 said: Thank you Donna. Some other websites like Ave Maria Singles has this fea...

Thank you Donna. Some other websites like Ave Maria Singles has this feature. I think it would be good for CM to have too.

--hide--

That's because you have to be a paid member on Ave Maria to even access the site - unlike CM - making your comparison moot.

theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 58