Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-915458 said: So, non-paying members cannot “read” messages?? Cou...
(Quote) Dave-915458 said:

So, non-paying members cannot “read” messages?? Could someone please confirm this? I thought they only could not send replies i.e. they could read the messages we send them.

--hide--

Non-paying members can send and receive emotigrams, but must be paid members to send personal messages or be able to read personal messages sent to them.

theheart

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-915458 said: Thank you Donna. Some other websites like Ave Maria Singles has this fea...

Thank you Donna. Some other websites like Ave Maria Singles has this feature. I think it would be good for CM to have too.

--hide--

Dave.. On CM we used to be able to see if the recipient read our emails.. But it was determined that some people did not take well to have their messages read and not returned. This led to a decision to remove that option.. Would you rather knoe that they read your email and didn't reply? That is a form of rejection in itself. There really isn't anything positive to be gained by knowing they read it and didn't think enough of you to send a response.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Dave.. On CM we used to be able to see if the recipient read our emails.. But it was ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Dave.. On CM we used to be able to see if the recipient read our emails.. But it was determined that some people did not take well to have their messages read and not returned. This led to a decision to remove that option.. Would you rather knoe that they read your email and didn't reply? That is a form of rejection in itself. There really isn't anything positive to be gained by knowing they read it and didn't think enough of you to send a response.

--hide--

Other than the motivation to send a follow-up message excoriating that person for reading but not replying to the first message? Probably not.

theheart

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Other than the motivation to send a follow-up message excoriating that person for r...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Other than the motivation to send a follow-up message excoriating that person for reading but not replying to the first message? Probably not.

--hide--

A while back I had someone pestering me on my off-site email because he wanted a relationship and I told him No several times.. He sent me a couple more emails, which I read but did not respond to..He then sent me an email 'excoriating' me for reading but not responding.. After that I deleted his emails without reading them..I never did figure out how he knew I read them.. So, yes..Someone will say.. "I know you read my email." Quite often followed by.."Is there something wrong with me?"

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-915458 said: Thank you Victor. How long do you wait until you do no...

Thank you Victor. How long do you wait until you do not receive a reply? Either we have this, or we could have a last login date-timestamp. It is illogical to think someone would be interested but not send a reply i.e. indicate her interest by simply opening the message.

This affects me because I generally court/date one at a time i.e. I do not intend to carpet bomb and then see how many girls I catch. Once I get a response, I would focus on that girl. This forces me to meet with girls that I would otherwise ignore. I place all of this in God's hands, so I don’t want to control everything.

--hide--

I'm not Victor..But you don't wait at all.. You're not 'dating' until there is a F2F and you have been corresponding with someone for a while. Until you establish a regular correspondence, you keep throwing out your line.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Other than the motivation to send a follow-up message excoriating that person for r...

--hide--

An this happened more than I care to think about. Not to mention the messages, tickets and threads discussing how someone read a message but never responded and how unCatholic, rude, etc etc. it was of that person/people. If there was a way to solve all the moving parts when it comes to free vs. full, read vs. unread and responded vs. unresponded we would have done it long ago because they are the issues that never go away and have taken up more time than I care to admit.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: That's because you have to be a paid member on Ave Maria to even access the site - unlike CM...

That's because you have to be a paid member on Ave Maria to even access the site - unlike CM - making your comparison moot.

--hide--

Victor:

Here I am referring to being able to see the timestamp when they opened the message. I am not referring to knowing the status of a member in my reply to Donna.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: A while back I had someone pestering me on my off-site email because he wanted a relationship and ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

A while back I had someone pestering me on my off-site email because he wanted a relationship and I told him No several times.. He sent me a couple more emails, which I read but did not respond to..He then sent me an email 'excoriating' me for reading but not responding.. After that I deleted his emails without reading them..I never did figure out how he knew I read them.. So, yes..Someone will say.. "I know you read my email." Quite often followed by.."Is there something wrong with me?"

--hide--

It is pretty easy to insert a tracking 1x1 pixel gif in the email to know if the receipient opened the email (provided you download the pictures). I however don't like the attitude of someone pushy like that. Imagine what it might be to be in a relationship with such a person if he behaves like that initially.

I am not like this though. I don't mind getting rejected because I know I am not the greatest person. I however don't want to wait. I usually interact with only one person at a time, and I am not in a hurry. But if they suddenly decide not to continue the correspondence then I have no clue whether to move on or continue waiting.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: An this happened more than I care to think about. Not to mention the messages, tickets a...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

An this happened more than I care to think about. Not to mention the messages, tickets and threads discussing how someone read a message but never responded and how unCatholic, rude, etc etc. it was of that person/people. If there was a way to solve all the moving parts when it comes to free vs. full, read vs. unread and responded vs. unresponded we would have done it long ago because they are the issues that never go away and have taken up more time than I care to admit.

--hide--

Thank you Brian for taking the time to update this thread. I did not know that you had already considered this problem.

Nov 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: An this happened more than I care to think about. Not to mention the messages, tickets a...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

--hide--

you're not kidding!!! You should have see the thread the other day about "catholics being rude" for not returning Emos. eyebrow rolling eyes faint

Posts 21 - 30 of 58