Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

4 More Years of Hope

Nov 7th 2012 new

So the worse case senario occurred Pres O. is in, those in the Romny/ Ryan camp feel the defeat and all that work feels as if it has gone for nothing, sad but it really isn't so God will use it for His own purposes. theheart In my estimation, the U.S. will now be a proving ground for the Catholic Church to show her Identity to the World. Through the suffering that awaits the Church it will shine as never before IN THIS Country and will bring Converts to Her in time.
We still have hope, Our God is still God and this God has revealved Himself to us through His Son Jesus as OUR FATHER and He is the One really in charge!!! Rm. 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for the good to those who love God....

'Remember, no matter what in life befalls you God knows about it! He knew about it from all eternity and how He can and will bring Good out of it! God will care for you in this trying time!
God has an Ordaining Will and a Permitting Will. No matter what happens to us God knows about it. Nothing in life that happens to us occurs except by God's Order and Permission. We may not know the why or hows of our reality but it affords one great peace when you attribute everything to the Will of God!
Always attribute to God every sorrow that grips and holds us. (Except Sin) What does it matter to the person of faith what path God marks out for us as long as we know He is there with us and the end for which we are destined HEAVEN! Everything in life that comes to us is the best that could befall us for working out our salvation. God never leaves us alone. He is guiding us all along life's journeys. It is a cross but in order to have peace and even a joy we must cooperate and not lose heart.' This has always kept me grounded if you like it get and read Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence the secret to peace and happiness by Bl. Claude de Columbiere.

.Requesting help... How many know about Our Lady of America? The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country, and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace.

The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."
Can we NOW all work on this, requesting our Bishops (with signature drives in our parishes, any other ideas?) to have her Statue of Our Lady of America placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard for our country.

This devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of America enjoys complete canonical approval through former Archbishop of Cincinnati, OH, the late Paul Francis Leibold. Through his written correspondence and public actions, Archbishop Leibold approved for public devotion this private apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil).

Furthermore, many other Bishops have also shown their approval by their promotion of this devotion. The Most Reverend Raymond L. Burke, Archbishop of Saint Louis, a world renowned canon lawyer, issued a letter opinion on Our Lady of America. In his letter dated May 31, 2007, he reviews the history of Our Lady of America and the actions of Archbishop Leibold approving this devotion.

From Archbishop Burke:

"What can be concluded canonically is that the devotion was both approved by Archbishop Leibold and, what is more, was actively promoted by him. In addition, over the years, other Bishops have approved the devotion and have participated in public devotion to the Mother of God, under the title of Our Lady of America."
Canonical Approval
As such, devotion to Our Lady of America had been completely and fully canonically approved by Archbishop Leibold and confirmed by other bishops, leaving no question about the status of this apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) which began 1956.

For the full text of Archbishop Burke's letter CONTACT http://www.ourladyofamerica.org (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH OUR LADY OF AMERICA. COM)
or
For more information on Archbishop Burke,

Informational Site: http://www.ourladyofamerica.org

This site is the informational Internet source of the Our Lady of America devotion. It is run by the Langsenkamp Family Apostolate of Indianapolis Indiana to spread devotion to Our Lady of America.

Mailing Address:B.V.M. Our Lady of America
C/O Langsenkamp Family Apostolate
9100 Purdue Road #400
Indianapolis, IN 46268-1180

Nov 7th 2012 new

Spot on Colette,

I am disappointed but not surprised. We as a nation (by a small majority) that we are smarter than God and everyone who has come before us. So, we are headed down a difficult path. Our mission is and always will be the salvation of souls. We just need to keep driving on and praying. The good news is that everytime Israel repented, the Lord blessed them. I hate living in a time where we are not repentent, but that's just the way it is. So, while our economic situation as a nation will continue to deteriorate, I am going to work on increasing my connection with Jesus.

God Bless,

Will

Nov 7th 2012 new

I saw this posted by a friend on Facebook and thought it a rare example of a foreign observer having an insightful opinion on US politics. It's worth re-printing this morning:

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a

mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President.”

- Prager Zeitungon, Czech Republic newspaper, 4/28/2010
Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I saw this posted by a friend on Facebook and thought it a rare example of a foreign observer hav...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I saw this posted by a friend on Facebook and thought it a rare example of a foreign observer having an insightful opinion on US politics. It's worth re-printing this morning:

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a

mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President.”

- Prager Zeitungon, Czech Republic newspaper, 4/28/2010

--hide--

I dunno, kinda sounds like the opening rhetoric of big government, that the people are unable to take care of themselves and are therefore in need of stewards. Then throw in the scapegoating ("depraved electorate", "fools"). I tell ya, I think I hear the trucks starting up their engines.

Nov 7th 2012 new

Gay marriage approved in MD and other states with tons of help and money from Corporate America and Hollywood...sickening.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Gay marriage approved in MD and other states with tons of help and money from Corporate America an...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Gay marriage approved in MD and other states with tons of help and money from Corporate America and Hollywood...sickening.

--hide--
This is troublesome, for sure. The support from major, well-known large businesses is mind-boggling. The momentum will be building in other states as well.

We should keep in mind that ultimately this issue will be brought before the US Supreme Court and decided there. Nine justices will decide the law of the land.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Will-706257 said: Spot on Colette, I am disappointed but not surprised. We as a nation (by a small m...
(Quote) Will-706257 said:

Spot on Colette,

I am disappointed but not surprised. We as a nation (by a small majority) that we are smarter than God and everyone who has come before us. So, we are headed down a difficult path. Our mission is and always will be the salvation of souls. We just need to keep driving on and praying. The good news is that everytime Israel repented, the Lord blessed them. I hate living in a time where we are not repentent, but that's just the way it is. So, while our economic situation as a nation will continue to deteriorate, I am going to work on increasing my connection with Jesus.

God Bless,

Will

--hide--

Thanks for your insight Will. Difficult path - yes, impossible - no, for with God all things are possible. I, like you, will work on increasing my connection with Jesus. And I pray that more and more people will chose to Light a single candle rather than curse the darkness. †

Nov 7th 2012 new

This thread is to encourage 4 more years of HOPE on a Supernatural Level. On a human level, asking for Any helpers to request their Bishop's to place the Statue of Our Lady of America in the Immaculate Conception National Shrine?

Will has it! The mission the Salvation of Souls...
This is the meaning of I fill up what is lacking in the Body of Christ, St. Paul is speaking of the lacking in the Mystical Body of Christ. Working on deepening our UNION with Jesus! theheart That is what will elicit REAL Change in our Nation.

The way to change things is to change ourselves. Respond to God' grace. Obedience to the Church, Living out all Her Teachings. Praying daily, Repentance, Confession, Eucharist in the State of Grace! Being Pure.. Recall St. Francis' call "go and rebuild my Church" wasn't just repairing San Damiano but a Call to rebuild the Church at large it was accomplished because of the way He was obedient to God who we know as Father.
REbuliding in this case, is God's work, in this case we didn't build that biggrin He will accomplish what He wants in each of us! For our part we just must be open to HIs Grace becoming the Catholics God expects us to be. Are we up for the Challenge that is presented before us? The Grace is there! What is the alternative Grumbling in the Desert! weeping

Nov 7th 2012 new

Donna said, Thanks for your insight Will. Difficult path - yes, impossible - no, for with God all things are possible. I, like you, will work on increasing my connection with Jesus.

This is the heart of the Thread! theheart Our Focus on Jesus in whatever way your Devotional life leads you, as long as it is according to the Church, in this way the Church will be built up and our Nation as well!

Nov 7th 2012 new

THX FOR YOUR POST BUT LIGHTING CANDLERS WONT DEFEAT THE EVIL POWERS AND PRINCIPALITIES THAT ARE TAKING OVER TTHIS WORLD

THANK GOD WE HAVE SALVATION THRU CHRIST , BUT ITS GOING TO BE PAINFUL , JUST LIKE TTHE ROAD TO CALVARY WAS PAINFUL FOR CHRIST

Posts 1 - 10 of 122