Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Yesterday, while I was serving as an election judge, the thread that I started called Part V - What we can do to elect Romney/Ryan was locked by CM admin. with no explanation. There was no reason to lock it as no rules had been broken. Brian started an "official" election thread, but that is no reason to close my thread. I did notice 2 other political threads were also locked, but many other political/election threads remain open. So, why was my thread closed (along with 2 others), but other election/political threads allowed to stay open?

The same thing happened to me a week or so ago with a thread I started in St. Peter's Room about What is happening to people with Hurricane Sandy. Again, no rules broken. And, CM had started an "official" thread. But, another thread which had just been started in the Culture and Current Events Room about Hurricane Sandy was allowed to stay open (and, in fact, is still open). So, again, I must ask why was an appropriate thread of mine locked down, when a very similar thread was allowed to stay open?

To me, what is happening here is discrimination. There are no rules being broken, and yet selective threads about a topic are allowed to stay open, while other threads including 2 of mine are being closed for no reason. If CM decides when they choose to open an "official" thread to close other threads on the topic, then I would suggest they be very careful to close ALL other threads on the topic as it is extremely unfair and discriminatory to close 1 or 2 threads that they select while ignoring others. This is wrong!

And, truly, I don't understand why these threads cannot stay open. There are no rules broken. If no one wants to post in them, then they will just disappear. But to close 1 or 2 threads arbitrarily while leaving other threads on the same topic open is discriminatory and prejudicial against the OP's and in fact all of the posters posting in that thread.

Has anyone else here had this same experience?

I woud be interested to hear from Admin. why they are doing this to me - in particular to the 2 threads I mention. (And, the proof is in the 2 forums, you can just go in there to look to see what has happened in the last 2 weeks in Culture and Current Events and St. Peter's Room).

Thank you.

Nov 7th 2012 new

There is a limit of the amount of threads you can start . I think it is one or two a week. Especially in the same room. That is probably what has happened.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: There is a limit of the amount of threads you can start . I think it is one or two a week. Especi...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

There is a limit of the amount of threads you can start . I think it is one or two a week. Especially in the same room. That is probably what has happened.

--hide--

Cindy, who told you that there is a limit to the amount of threads you can start? I don't think that is true. And, there are people that have started far more threads than I, so I believe you are wrong here.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: There is a limit of the amount of threads you...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Cindy, who told you that there is a limit to the amount of threads you can start? I don't think that is true. And, there are people that have started far more threads than I, so I believe you are wrong here.

--hide--

No really it always has been a rule. I would have to go find the rules it is there.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: No really it always has been a rule. I would have to go find the rules it is there.

No really it always has been a rule. I would have to go find the rules it is there.

--hide--

If you think it is a rule, then why don't you post the link to it. As I have been a member here far longer than you and never heard anything like this. This is nonsense. Look down the list of posters in any forum - there are many repetitive OP's - many with far more threads started than myself.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: No really it always has been a ru...

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

If you think it is a rule, then why don't you post the link to it. As I have been a member here far longer than you and never heard anything like this. This is nonsense. Look down the list of posters in any forum - there are many repetitive OP's - many with far more threads started than myself.

--hide--

Usually when you try to start a new topic and you already have one started a sign will come up and tell you you have reached your limit and can't post it until it's time. I really don't know where the link is,but it has been there unless they changed it and I am not aware of it.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Usually when you try to start a new topic and you already have one started a sign wil...

Usually when you try to start a new topic and you already have one started a sign will come up and tell you you have reached your limit and can't post it until it's time. I really don't know where the link is,but it has been there unless they changed it and I am not aware of it.

--hide--

This is not what happened. 2 of my threads that were already going were closed down by admin. after they started an "official" thread as I state very clearly.I was not trying to start a new thread. I never had anything like you describe happen to me, but it sounds like it is to safeguard from someone duplicating their own thread. What you describe doe not apply to this situation.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Yesterday, while I was serving as an election judge, the thread that I started called Part V - ...

Yesterday, while I was serving as an election judge, the thread that I started called Part V - What we can do to elect Romney/Ryan was locked by CM admin. with no explanation. There was no reason to lock it as no rules had been broken. Brian started an "official" election thread, but that is no reason to close my thread. I did notice 2 other political threads were also locked, but many other political/election threads remain open. So, why was my thread closed (along with 2 others), but other election/political threads allowed to stay open?

The same thing happened to me a week or so ago with a thread I started in St. Peter's Room about What is happening to people with Hurricane Sandy. Again, no rules broken. And, CM had started an "official" thread. But, another thread which had just been started in the Culture and Current Events Room about Hurricane Sandy was allowed to stay open (and, in fact, is still open). So, again, I must ask why was an appropriate thread of mine locked down, when a very similar thread was allowed to stay open?

To me, what is happening here is discrimination. There are no rules being broken, and yet selective threads about a topic are allowed to stay open, while other threads including 2 of mine are being closed for no reason. If CM decides when they choose to open an "official" thread to close other threads on the topic, then I would suggest they be very careful to close ALL other threads on the topic as it is extremely unfair and discriminatory to close 1 or 2 threads that they select while ignoring others. This is wrong!

And, truly, I don't understand why these threads cannot stay open. There are no rules broken. If no one wants to post in them, then they will just disappear. But to close 1 or 2 threads arbitrarily while leaving other threads on the same topic open is discriminatory and prejudicial against the OP's and in fact all of the posters posting in that thread.

Has anyone else here had this same experience?

I woud be interested to hear from Admin. why they are doing this to me - in particular to the 2 threads I mention. (And, the proof is in the 2 forums, you can just go in there to look to see what has happened in the last 2 weeks in Culture and Current Events and St. Peter's Room).

Thank you.

--hide--
This is Item #11 in the Forum Rules: You may not post the same topic more than once or in different forum rooms. Choose the room most relevant to your topic.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: This is Item #11 in the Forum Rules: You may not post the same topic more than once or in different...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

This is Item #11 in the Forum Rules: You may not post the same topic more than once or in different forum rooms. Choose the room most relevant to your topic.

--hide--

Ray, this doesn't apply here. I only posted one thread in one room about Hurricane Sandy. And I only posted one thread at a time about electing Romney - did not start the next thread until the prior thread closed out due to having 200 posts. So I did not beak any rules.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Ray, this doesn't apply here. I only posted one thread in one room about Hurricane ...

Ray, this doesn't apply here. I only posted one thread in one room about Hurricane Sandy. And I only posted one thread at a time about electing Romney - did not start the next thread until the prior thread closed out due to having 200 posts. So I did not beak any rules.

--hide--

Prior to the consolidation of the rooms, there was a 1 new topic per day per room restriction in place that would prevent us from posting more than 1 topic in a room in a 24-hour period. It's possible that this rule is still in place even though the system isn't automatically locking us out.

theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 22