Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: This is troublesome, for sure. The support from major, well-known large businesses is mind-boggling...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

This is troublesome, for sure. The support from major, well-known large businesses is mind-boggling. The momentum will be building in other states as well.

We should keep in mind that ultimately this issue will be brought before the US Supreme Court and decided there. Nine justices will decide the law of the land.

--hide--

Fr. Enrique Rueda wrote a book documenting the large support given to the homosexual movement by large corporations...way back in 1982. Pillaging and subversion are the name of the game for corporate America.

Nov 7th 2012 new

That is why Donna posted not only the figuratve speech of lighting a candling,... but Difficult path - yes, impossible - no, for with God all things are possible. I, like you, will work on increasing my connection with Jesus.

That is what precisely God will use as you worded it Casey to DEFEAT THE EVIL POWERS AND PRINCIPALITIES THAT ARE TAKING OVER THIS WORLD

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Gay marriage approved in MD and other states with tons of help and money from Corporate America an...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Gay marriage approved in MD and other states with tons of help and money from Corporate America and Hollywood...sickening.

--hide--
As a circulator for my parish who collected signatures for question 6 to appear on the ballot, I am deeply disappointed and ashamed to be a citizen of the Peoples Republic of Maryland. Apparently question 7 passed here as well- gambling is counter to a civilized society. Much of the revenue will have to go toward gambling and alcohol rehabilitation. A byproduct of legalized gambling is violence against women and children- addicts gambling away their paychecks and drunkenly taking it out on their families. The stock market took a hit today- wow, didn't see that coming! rolling eyes

We need God's Grace now more than ever. theheart

Nov 7th 2012 new

Ray and Sean, this Forum is ONLY to be used for Positive Supernatural goals, the Spiritual Growth we are called to so that we can have 4 more years of hope!
There are other sites that may want your postings. God Bless you Ray and Sean

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: Ray and Sean, this Forum is ONLY to be used for Positive Supernatural goals, the Spiritual Grow...
(Quote) Colette-902447 said:

Ray and Sean, this Forum is ONLY to be used for Positive Supernatural goals, the Spiritual Growth we are called to so that we can have 4 more years of hope!

--hide--
Colette, You know I was going to say,our only hope is the supreme court now. To over turn the HSS mandate, But after reading what you have written something comes to mind. Don't put your hope in man, put your hope in what is above in heaven, because there is where we belong. How true that rings now, in all this disappointment we are all feeling from the elections. We have only to change our selves towards God and all will be well. Because he is in control of it all, nothing happens without God knowing. Praying rosary theheart

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I saw this posted by a friend on Facebook and thought it a rare example of a foreign observer hav...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I saw this posted by a friend on Facebook and thought it a rare example of a foreign observer having an insightful opinion on US politics. It's worth re-printing this morning:

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a

mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President.”

- Prager Zeitungon, Czech Republic newspaper, 4/28/2010

--hide--
Thanks David, copied and passed along.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: Ray and Sean, this Forum is ONLY to be used for Positive Supernatural goals, the Spiritual Grow...
(Quote) Colette-902447 said:

--hide--
Apologies in advance,

Pete

Nov 7th 2012 new

Well, regarding the topic of the first post, the Church needs a dedicated clergy. The Church will continue to decline until it hits rock bottom. Then I expect a recovery.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: This is troublesome, for sure. The support from major, well-known large businesses is mind-boggling...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

This is troublesome, for sure. The support from major, well-known large businesses is mind-boggling. The momentum will be building in other states as well.

We should keep in mind that ultimately this issue will be brought before the US Supreme Court and decided there. Nine justices will decide the law of the land.

--hide--

Your right, and who gets to appoint as many as 4 justices in the next 4 years?

My wife had begun wringing her hands over what was happening to our country. I poo pooed it as coming from her Alzheimer's damaged brain. Her brain may have been damaged, but she had a clearer picture of what was happening than I did. I just could not believe that anyone raised in the US could think so little of a country that gave him so much.

Nov 7th 2012 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: I saw this posted by a friend on Facebook and thought it a rare example of a foreign observer having an insight...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I saw this posted by a friend on Facebook and thought it a rare example of a foreign observer having an insightful opinion on US politics. It's worth re-printing this morning:

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a

mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President.”

- Prager Zeitungon, Czech Republic newspaper, 4/28/2010
--hide--
Couldn't be said more clearer. Posted that on my Fb last night as well.

The Obama voters will reap what they sow and have nobody to blame but themselves.

The tragedy is they have taken all the other Americans down with them.
Posts 11 - 20 of 122