Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Ray, this doesn't apply here. I only posted one thread in one room about Hurricane ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Ray, this doesn't apply here. I only posted one thread in one room about Hurricane Sandy. And I only posted one thread at a time about electing Romney - did not start the next thread until the prior thread closed out due to having 200 posts. So I did not beak any rules.

--hide--
OK, Pat -- that wasn't necessarily the point. It was meant to show you the rule that has been established. Anything beyond that is perplexing.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Prior to the consolidation of the rooms, there was a 1 new topic per day per room r...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Prior to the consolidation of the rooms, there was a 1 new topic per day per room restriction in place that would prevent us from posting more than 1 topic in a room in a 24-hour period. It's possible that this rule is still in place even though the system isn't automatically locking us out.

--hide--

But I don't post more than one new topic per day in any room!

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: But I don't post more than one new topic per day in any room!

But I don't post more than one new topic per day in any room!

--hide--

Just looking in the room it looks like only the pre-election topics were locked - probably since the election is now over. All the post-election topics are still open.

That'd be my guess.

theheart

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Just looking in the room it looks like only the pre-election topics were locked - p...

Just looking in the room it looks like only the pre-election topics were locked - probably since the election is now over. All the post-election topics are still open.

That'd be my guess.

--hide--

So Victor, why do you think they locked my thread in St. Peter's about Hurricane Sandy, but left Marianne's thread in Culture and Current events about Hurricane Sandy open? (And I think there were other pre-election threads in Culture and Current events that were left open (look back a page or so) - although they might not have had the word election in the title).

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: So Victor, why do you think they locked my thread in St. Peter's about Hurricane Sa...

So Victor, why do you think they locked my thread in St. Peter's about Hurricane Sandy, but left Marianne's thread in Culture and Current events about Hurricane Sandy open? (And I think there were other pre-election threads in Culture and Current events that were left open (look back a page or so) - although they might not have had the word election in the title).

--hide--

Probably because your Hurricane Sandy thread was dead and the other was far more active, perhaps?

And I'm thinking the only pre-election threads that were locked were the new threads started yesterday, or late night Monday.

theheart

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: So Victor, why do you think they locked my thread in St. Peter's about Hurricane Sa...

--hide--

There aren't any open pre-election topics in the "War Room"... and I looked as far as a week back.

theheart

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Probably because your Hurricane Sandy thread was dead and the other was far more ac...

Probably because your Hurricane Sandy thread was dead and the other was far more active, perhaps?

And I'm thinking the only pre-election threads that were locked were the new threads started yesterday, or late night Monday.

--hide--

If they closed threads that were "dead", there would be a lot more locked threads. Normally, a "dead" or dying thread just goes away by itself. This would just be arbitrary on the part of CM.

Nov 7th 2012 new
Patricia,

Everything you said makes sense. I don't think you broke any rules. Only Admin can answer these questions.
Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: There aren't any open pre-election topics in the "War Room"... and I ...

There aren't any open pre-election topics in the "War Room"... and I looked as far as a week back.

--hide--

Actually, there are several (based on reading the postings, but they don't have the word election in the title). For example, the thread on Benghazi (started 11 days ago) has many, many postings regarding the election and candidates. Also, threads that have the name Obama in the title, if you start reading through the postings, these threads were obviously pre-election threads. So, what it would seem is that CM Admin. may have locked up threads with the word election or Romney in the title, but did not lock up threads that had other titles or titles with the word Obama in them but if you read the postings in them are very obviously pre-election discussion threads. And, that is wrong to aribtrarily close some threads on a topic and not others. It only takes a few minutes to open up a thread and skim through a couple pages of postings.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: If they closed threads that were "dead", there would be a lot more locked thr...

If they closed threads that were "dead", there would be a lot more locked threads. Normally, a "dead" or dying thread just goes away by itself. This would just be arbitrary on the part of CM.

--hide--

Oh, good grief! faint

If you only knew how many of my comments have been deleted over the course of the last 3 years... rolling eyes

theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 22