Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) Cat-163322 said: Cheryl, Obama had compelling carrots tha...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
Cat-163322 said:

Cheryl, Obama had compelling carrots that he dangled in the faces of a strong force: single women. Apparently "lady parts" trump the unborn. His advertising campaign was provacative and effective. I had a niece make a statement on Facebook one day before the election "FU to all who voted for Romney" (except in her very eloquent verbiage it was spelled out). Well, that would include myself and most of her family including grandparents who have financially supported her. Why did she make such a statement? Because she wants a free pap smear and she deserves it doggonit!

It's all about the Entitlement. "What's in it for me?!!!!" Sadly, there's no room for the littlest spirits, the unborn. To answer your question, yes, I am ashamed that half of America voted for abortion. Because if they voted for Obama and his Entitlements, that's exactly what they did.

Cat

And the real joke in all this is on the women who think that things like their contraceptives will be free in Obamacare. The truth is, Obamacare actually provides little to nothing as a matter of statute. The "benefits" are implemented via Executive Order by whoever the President is at that given time, and can be altered at any time. So, Obama could include things like abortion and Sandra Fluke's contraception, but the next President can remove them with a simple stroke of a pen.

Aahhhh... the things we learn once it's too late to do anything about them!

--hide--

Uh huh, the ole damn shape shifting carrot maneuver! Gotcha!

Cat

Nov 7th 2012 new
(Quote) Colette-902447 said: I know we are really feeling the disappointment of this election. But discoragement is from the evil one. ...
(Quote) Colette-902447 said:

I know we are really feeling the disappointment of this election. But discoragement is from the evil one. That's why I want post NOT from your feelings other sites for that please, post there.

This site is Exclusively to post from you faith. What do you feel on a faith level? Is God in Charge or not? We can blame clergy or anyone else, as someone posted here but is that helpful?! Everyone is accountable to God for himself. HOW ARE WE doing in that department of ACCOUNTABILITY? LIVING OUR FAITH? Believing "everything" OUR HOLY MOTHER THE CHURCH TEACHES?!

Let your faith speak in this forum.... We all need uplifted! God Bless! He may be our President But God is our Father. He knows what He is doing (even if we don't), TRUST HIM!

Recall the story of King David's life and another throwing stones at him David accepts it as coming from the hand of God can we do less?!

--hide--
Colette, I requoted and agreed with David from Ohio. Didn't realize it didn't apply to what you are looking for. We've had a traumatic event with little sleep. Honestly didn't realize I shouldn't have affirmed his quote. Eloise commented. I responded to her. Seemed Eloise and I were appropriate for the Current Events room and this topic. I shared my thoughts based on faith and wisdom what we needed for hope! It may not be what you want to hear, but that is what I think. I think from a faith-based point of view (which is how I live my life) parents are going to have to instill these values in their children via homeschooling unless a great Catholic school in the area. That is where you will find "hope" for the next generation.

Honestly, I didn't understand what you want. It wasn't clear from your first post and I responded to the other posters. I'm guessing I understand what you want now. Encouragement-based posts about the next 4 years? Yes?

I do have a story I intended to share. It's my pastor's perspective. It's about a period of purification and suffering.
Nov 7th 2012 new
"Jesus I Trust in Thee" theheart
Nov 7th 2012 new

Thanks Mary, Understood, can you help a new CM member me to keep it going positive biggrin even though we don't feel it, I have to run a small crisis to deal with. God bless, There will always be a faithful remanat!

I realize that suffering is inevitable... I too am soooo disappointed in the elections as well, the venting is Positive here... This thread is to encourage 4 more years of HOPE on a Supernatural Level. On a human level, asking for Any helpers to request their Bishop's to place the Statue of Our Lady of America in the Immaculate Conception National Shrine?

Will has it! The mission the Salvation of Souls...
This is the meaning of I fill up what is lacking in the Body of Christ, St. Paul is speaking of the lacking in the Mystical Body of Christ. Working on deepening our UNION with Jesus! That is what will elicit REAL Change in our Nation.

The way to change things is to change ourselves. Respond to God' grace. Obedience to the Church, Living out all Her Teachings. Praying daily, Repentance, Confession, Eucharist in the State of Grace! Being Pure.. Recall St. Francis' call "go and rebuild my Church" wasn't just repairing San Damiano but a Call to rebuild the Church at large it was accomplished because of the way He was obedient to God who we know as Father.
REbuliding in this case, is God's work, in this case we didn't build that He will accomplish what He wants in each of us! For our part we just must be open to HIs Grace becoming the Catholics God expects us to be. Are we up for the Challenge that is presented before us? The Grace is there! What is the alternative Grumbling in the Desert!

Nov 7th 2012 new
Here is what I suggest on a faith level. Anyone know how many 54 day rosary novenas can fit in 4 years? Now is the tiThme to start. Don't wait until just before an election! How about prayers to St. Jude? That is who I prayed to yesterday all evening. Go to Eucharistic Adoration. Archbishop Sheen said that the extraordinary evil must be repaid by the extraordinary gift of Adoration.
Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Your right, and who gets to appoint as many as 4 justices in the next 4 years? My ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Your right, and who gets to appoint as many as 4 justices in the next 4 years?

My wife had begun wringing her hands over what was happening to our country. I poo pooed it as coming from her Alzheimer's damaged brain. Her brain may have been damaged, but she had a clearer picture of what was happening than I did. I just could not believe that anyone raised in the US could think so little of a country that gave him so much.

--hide--

The big boys have their rubber-stamps on the SCOTUS already. I guess it could become even more a rubber-stamp than before. I'm not expecting another Schechter Poultry.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: This is what I posted on my facebook page.
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

This is what I posted on my facebook page.

Anyone else ashamed that half of America voted for physician assisted suicide and forced tax payer abortions yesterday (or equally just as bad didn't vote and let it happen to our children)? It is a sad, sad day for our constitution and freedom. I still can't believe there are people that don't believe that there is a death panel in Obamacare...it is in the stimulus not the original bill. With gas prices tripled, debt tripled...still people foolish enough to listen to him blame the previous admin. With Benghazi and Fast and Furious cover ups...still people foolish enough to not care. Again, a sad, sad day in this country.

Cheryl, Obama had compelling carrots that he dangled in the faces of a strong force: single women. Apparently "lady parts" trump the unborn. His advertising campaign was provacative and effective. I had a niece make a statement on Facebook one day before the election "FU to all who voted for Romney" (except in her very eloquent verbiage it was spelled out). Well, that would include myself and most of her family including grandparents who have financially supported her. Why did she make such a statement? Because she wants a free pap smear and she deserves it doggonit!

It's all about the Entitlement. "What's in it for me?!!!!" Sadly, there's no room for the littlest spirits, the unborn. To answer your question, yes, I am ashamed that half of America voted for abortion. Because if they voted for Obama and his Entitlements, that's exactly what they did.

Cat

--hide--
Cat, I reposted in the other thread that Patricia started so as to not gear this one off the track she intended....just to let you know...but yes, I know what you guys are saying.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: Here is what I suggest on a faith level. Anyone know how many 54 day rosary novenas can fit in 4 years? N...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: Here is what I suggest on a faith level. Anyone know how many 54 day rosary novenas can fit in 4 years? Now is the tiThme to start. Don't wait until just before an election! How about prayers to St. Jude? That is who I prayed to yesterday all evening. Go to Eucharistic Adoration. Archbishop Sheen said that the extraordinary evil must be repaid by the extraordinary gift of Adoration.
--hide--

Everything happens for a reason. Perhaps God allowed the outcome of our elections to be what it is so that more people would turn to Him? I believe He needed to strengthen His army on earth to enable more of us to fight off the evil that is coming in the end times. And of course, this is just my opinion. I agree with Paul, don't wait to up your game plan.

Nov 7th 2012 new

I can't say ashamed, I'm going with furious.

I know we are supposed to turn the other cheek but mine are both bruised and I'm sick to death of working 60 hours a week to pay for all this liberal agenda.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: Here is what I suggest on a faith level. Anyone know how many 54 day rosary novenas can fit in 4 years? N...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: Here is what I suggest on a faith level. Anyone know how many 54 day rosary novenas can fit in 4 years? Now is the tiThme to start. Don't wait until just before an election! How about prayers to St. Jude? That is who I prayed to yesterday all evening. Go to Eucharistic Adoration. Archbishop Sheen said that the extraordinary evil must be repaid by the extraordinary gift of Adoration.
--hide--

Roughly 27 but make it 28 or 29 because you can get 1 or 2 more in before the inaugeration.

We also need to pray that the Bishops get some back bone and take public action not just against the nominal catholic politicians but also all the cafeteria Caholics, wayward priests and nuns.

Better to shrink the Church to those who are truly faithful. The Chuirch will be much stronger and really have an effect on society.

Posts 41 - 50 of 122