Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Would anybody be interested in doing this? I am pretty familiar with Frederick, it is a beautiful town rich with history. We can catch a bite to eat somewhere, or coffee, and do a self-guided tour of the historic churches in downtown :) I'd be interested if I could even just get a group of 5 or 6. (heck, I might go by myself LOL)

Information here:
www.visitfrederick.org

and here
www.visitfrederick.org

Or if there is something else in the DC area someone is interested in doing? I see a distinct lack of DC area meet-ups, and would be interested in hearing others' ideas!! Just for friendly getting to know each other, I don't know a lot of other Catholics, let alone other CMers!

Nov 7th 2012 new

I love these things. I do a candlelight tour of historic homes in Fredericksburg, VA annually if anyone wants to join me!

Mary, Let me know. I'll be there! wave

Michelle.

Nov 7th 2012 new

Finally!!! Something in the area. I might go if there isn't any snow. scratchchin

Nov 9th 2012 new

Mary, I'm not familiar with the "Tours" in Frederick, but just north of that is the "Grotto" near Mount Saint Mary's College in Emmitsburg, MD on the left just before the College. You can see the large golden "Statue of Mary" in the side of the mountain from the road. There is a Church there as well, say the Stations of the Cross, if your want, while walking your way up to the Grotto. It's quite beautiful. There is a brook from the mountain as well. theheart

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: Mary, I'm not familiar with the "Tours" in Frederick, but just north of that is th...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

Mary, I'm not familiar with the "Tours" in Frederick, but just north of that is the "Grotto" near Mount Saint Mary's College in Emmitsburg, MD on the left just before the College. You can see the large golden "Statue of Mary" in the side of the mountain from the road. There is a Church there as well, say the Stations of the Cross, if your want, while walking your way up to the Grotto. It's quite beautiful. There is a brook from the mountain as well.

--hide--

Thanks Eloise, I had considered the grotto, but I'm not sure that's a good place for getting to know people since the best parts you must remain silent, and besides it will be closed for awhile :( Plus the only time I was there was with my ex, just in June, and I'm not sure I really want to return just yet.....plus it is so incredibly Roman Catholic I almost feel a little strange there! Haha, I am Byzantine Catholic, we do not practice the Stations, or the Rosary for that matter, we pray Chotki instead. I have done both though, in an effort to connect withlearn more of the West a little better, though it is discouraged to "Latinize" ourselves, I do not think that will be a problem for me; I actually have gone to RC mass every weekend for 3 years now, and the Latin liturgical style still seems strange to me (though the recent changes actually made it more similar to our liturgy of St. Chrysostom!) But you are right, it is beautiful there, I would love to see it in springtime flower

Nov 24th 2012 new

Mary,

Since it's really cold outside today and probably from now on, spring or summertime would be better. It's so cold on that mountain. Yes, it's a very spiritual place. Remembering from some of your other posts you probably still need some time and distance from your ex. Blessings to you in this Christmas season.

Eloiserosary

Posts 1 - 6 of 6