Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Even though the traits needed to gain the respect of men are not exactly the same as the qualities required to win the heart of a woman, is it unlikely that a man who hasn't earned the respect of men will possess the package of characteristics needed to capture the love of a woman?

This is what blogger Luke Ford ( http://www.lukeford.net) said to men in this regard on November 4, 2012?

If you don’t have a woman in your life, the primary problem is likely not in how you interact with women, but in how you interact with men. If you are respected and admired by other men, the women will come. If you’re not, they won’t.

What do you think? Is this the missing "link" to the "pink"?

Wondering whether shouting, "Amen, amen, amen", over and over will make women more amenable, scratchchin shhh

John

Nov 7th 2012 new

The Alpha Male theory. Lots of people say stuff like this. The high status men get the women.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: The Alpha Male theory. Lots of people say stuff like this. The high status men get the women....
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

The Alpha Male theory. Lots of people say stuff like this. The high status men get the women.

--hide--

Yeah, such mercenaries you women are.

wink

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: The Alpha Male theory. Lots of people say stuff like this. The high status men get the women....
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

--hide--
I think that a lot of men who have just an approximately average status are admired by other men. In some if not most large groups of tradesmen, I'd feel quite confident that some of the approximately-average-status men are admired. The question is whether the percentage of women who are attracted to men who are admired by other men is significantly higher than the percentage of women who are attracted to men despite their status, other factors being equal.

In many cases a woman will be aware of a high-status male, but this awareness will be, at least at the start, based on personal reputation (he is well-known at least locally) or "assumed occupational status" such as his being a medical doctor or attorney. This is quite different from what I have in mind. I'm thinking of situations where women meet men about whose status they are unaware. If, in such situations, we could compare the percentage of women strongly attracted to those men who are admired by other men who know them to the percentage of women strongly attracted to those men who are not admired by other men, would there be a significant numerical difference?

Despite the fact that it might be quite difficult to find out which men were and weren't actually admired by other men, I think this question is valid because I'm asking for opinion and not scientific proof. cool

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Even though the traits needed to gain the respect of men are not exactly the same as the qualities...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Even though the traits needed to gain the respect of men are not exactly the same as the qualities required to win the heart of a woman, is it unlikely that a man who hasn't earned the respect of men will possess the package of characteristics needed to capture the love of a woman?

This is what blogger Luke Ford ( http://www.lukeford.net) said to men in this regard on November 4, 2012?

If you don’t have a woman in your life, the primary problem is likely not in how you interact with women, but in how you interact with men. If you are respected and admired by other men, the women will come. If you’re not, they won’t.

What do you think? Is this the missing "link" to the "pink"?

Wondering whether shouting, "Amen, amen, amen", over and over will make women more amenable,

John

--hide--
I believe that it is essential for a person to have self-respect to gain the attention and affection of the opposite gender.

Nov 7th 2012 new

Ok, since I seem to think differently than other women you may not want my two cents.

I completely agree with what the article says. I want a man that not afraid to be a man. Boys learn to be men from men. They learn how to treat other men with respect and in turn are treated with respect. I want a man I can respect because if he has earned the respect of men then he should have good qualities such as integrity, stable in his job and a leader. Also he would treat me with respect which would make me love him

Nov 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Ok, since I seem to think differently than other women you may not want my two cents. I...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Ok, since I seem to think differently than other women you may not want my two cents.

I completely agree with what the article says. I want a man that not afraid to be a man. Boys learn to be men from men. They learn how to treat other men with respect and in turn are treated with respect. I want a man I can respect because if he has earned the respect of men then he should have good qualities such as integrity, stable in his job and a leader. Also he would treat me with respect which would make me love him

--hide--
Hi Marirose,

Thanks for your comment. It was the kind that I was looking for because it stated a definite preference.

A women writing on the Internet added a humorous ending after revealing her preference on this web page, lornareiko.wordpress.com : "All I know is that I prefer men who are respected by other men and who carry authority naturally and quietly and don’t look better than me in black tights and a crop top."

Do you think that women watching men interacting with each other notice whether this or that man has the respect of other men? scratchchin

Amen, cool

John

Nov 8th 2012 new

I'm not able to open the article, but I agree with the premise. When I think about men who have the respect of other men, it is because they are responsible, funny and have a great deal of integrity. They help out and care about their friendships. The men I know are also knowledgeable in their field and are the guys you want on your team. All these things would transfer to a good partner.
When I think about the guys that aren't respected amongst their peers, regardless of financial status, they are dishonest, ego driven and rude. Their humor is often at the expense of others and they lead by intimidation. These are precisely the things women learn to avoid.
Do women notice these interactions? Yes, we do. If a man can't commit himself to good friendships, how will he be able to commit to a spouse?

Nov 8th 2012 new

I definitely watch their interactions with each other, mostly at work and church. In meetings you can tell has the respect of leadership. Personally, I prefer a male manager, in my experience (maybe i have had good ones) they are more control of their emotions, they get over things faster and have treated me very well.

Men that I have noticed do not do well lack those qualities and blame others when they screw up. Thankfully I have never been hurt in a review or business because of a mistake since my integrity is well known. So I fail to see why men or women act that way unless they have an issue with pride.

Nov 8th 2012 new

I look at it this way: not so much gaining the respect of men as in the male population, but of men as in how the bible speaks of "people". For example, Boaz had the respect of "men" because he was honest in business, was generous to the poor, studied & made himself knowledgable about his faith so he could offer wise counsel, served God in the temple, & was obedient to His teachings.

So, in a word, yes, I think a man who does all or most of the above would earn the respect of men. He would certainly earn mine!

Posts 1 - 10 of 60