Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Where is the over 75 crowd?

Nov 8th 2012 new
I'm relatively new to both CM and the forums, BUT**** in reading the various posts on different threads I notice very very few posts from all the nice folks who have seen their 75th birthday. Granted the majority ot the younger set are seeking to find a marriage partner as revealed by many posts from ages 20 up to 60+, or are posting tofind some sort of guidance to a problem they have.

In my specific case I am not looking for a marriage partner. I"m looking for a companion and friend for starters. Where that friendship leads is up to God, ou Father. It's not a lot of fun being alone when you are over 75 ( I'm older than that smile).

What I really would like to see more of our senior citizens active in the forums.
Nov 8th 2012 new

Have you ventured into the 45 & up room?

theheart

Nov 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Ed-890453 said: I'm relatively new to both CM and the forums, BUT**** in reading the various posts on different threads...
(Quote) Ed-890453 said: I'm relatively new to both CM and the forums, BUT**** in reading the various posts on different threads I notice very very few posts from all the nice folks who have seen their 75th birthday. Granted the majority ot the younger set are seeking to find a marriage partner as revealed by many posts from ages 20 up to 60+, or are posting tofind some sort of guidance to a problem they have.

In my specific case I am not looking for a marriage partner. I"m looking for a companion and friend for starters. Where that friendship leads is up to God, ou Father. It's not a lot of fun being alone when you are over 75 ( I'm older than that ).

What I really would like to see more of our senior citizens active in the forums.
--hide--
wave Hey ED welcome aboard!! stick around yeah check out the over the 45 fourm you might find somebody there; wish you the best ED take care Mike "peace"!!

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Ed-890453 said: I'm relatively new to both CM and the forums, BUT**** in reading the various posts on different threads...
(Quote) Ed-890453 said: I'm relatively new to both CM and the forums, BUT**** in reading the various posts on different threads I notice very very few posts from all the nice folks who have seen their 75th birthday. Granted the majority ot the younger set are seeking to find a marriage partner as revealed by many posts from ages 20 up to 60+, or are posting tofind some sort of guidance to a problem they have.

In my specific case I am not looking for a marriage partner. I"m looking for a companion and friend for starters. Where that friendship leads is up to God, ou Father. It's not a lot of fun being alone when you are over 75 ( I'm older than that ).

--hide--
Well, Ed, let's face it. There probably aren't too many members 75 and older. There are some, but I think it's safe to say their numbers are small by comparison to other age groups.

Add to that the fact that many members don't participate actively in the forums. It would be nice if more members did, but it just isn't so. Reasons are varied. Participating is strictly up to the members, so there isn't much persuading that can be done if they choose not to join us. A lot of people (referred to as "lurkers") browse quite a bit, but don't add any messages of their own.

In your search, you might cast a wide net, and perhaps you could personally invite people in your age group to join in. We do see occasional posts from the 75+ group, so there is hope.

After all, you found your way here -- hopefully others will follow your lead.

Nov 9th 2012 new

Ray, I just did a search and for all members between 75 and 99, the search truncated at "over 1000" and I then added active within 14 days and there were 444.

I had no idea! So there is hope for the OP that they will come out of lurking and post in the forums!

I take my hat off to all of you!

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Ray, I just did a search and for all members between 75 and 99, the search truncated at "over 10...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Ray, I just did a search and for all members between 75 and 99, the search truncated at "over 1000" and I then added active within 14 days and there were 444.

I had no idea! So there is hope for the OP that they will come out of lurking and post in the forums!

I take my hat off to all of you!

--hide--
Wow, Pat -- I had no idea either!!! Now if you would find stats that showed how many of them were watching the forums or participating in them, I'm sure that would be a tiny segment of the "over 1000" -- also the 444 that were active within the past 14 days.

I'm also curious about the reasons the latter group would give for not joining us here.

Nov 9th 2012 new
clap Thanks everyone. I was simply wondering why so very few OP are not active in forums. I know they are out there through my search results. For the most part they are located 300 or more miles away. For me that's prohibitive for arrainging a F2F meeitng. Flying is not only costly but extremely painful. I have a severe problem in one ear. I have had several emotigrams, mostly from much younger women or ones too distant. In the later case I do respond with an answer. Just fof the record, I have made contact with three ladies. After two F2F's it was obvious one would not work out. The other two are pending meeting eachother. I do have confidence that between God and CM I will find a true companion.
Nov 9th 2012 new

Ray, I did a new search and sorted for "forum posters" and there were 61. So whatever that means.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8