Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Black Friday

Nov 10th 2012 new
Anyone here plans to go shopping on Black Friday? Every time I go to the mall I just get sick of the mob scene. Any survival tip? Any good online website?
Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Anyone here plans to go shopping on Black Friday? Every time I go to the mall I just get sick of the mob ...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Anyone here plans to go shopping on Black Friday? Every time I go to the mall I just get sick of the mob scene. Any survival tip? Any good online website?
--hide--

I always like Amazon.I was introduced to Google Shopping by a fellow CM'er.It's great to find deals.

I'm not over there but generally I would recommned that you go early to the stores when there are sales.There may be a few with the same idea but its usually less than later on in the day.

Hope it helps. wave

Nov 10th 2012 new

I haven't gone shopping on black Friday in years. The deals just aren't worth it to me. It used to be that you had to be up and at the stores around 5 or 6 am to get the good deals. Now you have to go at midnight. Even just going during the day that day is something I try to avoid. The crowds are just too crazy. I don't do much online shopping, but most stores also offer deals online on black friday.
Have fun shopping.

Nov 10th 2012 new

fight the traffic, parking, and crazy bargain hunters @ 5:00 am? No way! I don't want to get trampled! Besides, I'm in "declutter" mode, so there's nothing I really need, and I have nobody else to buy any gifts for. Maybe stop at Menard's mid-morning, they sometimes have an interesting electronic gadget or tool on sale, or Target in the afternoon once it quiets down and the lines shrink, if they have a good dvd or two on sale, but that's it.

Nov 10th 2012 new

shhh if you Google "Black Friday ads 2012", several of the major retailers' flyers are already able to be previewed on-line eyepopping

Nov 11th 2012 new

I went out last year for black friday. Its something I would not do every year. This year I work day after so I will not have to deal with the traffic and people. Also as mentioned the ads have already leaked out on line.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Anyone here plans to go shopping on Black Friday? Every time I go to the mall I just get sick of the mob ...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Anyone here plans to go shopping on Black Friday? Every time I go to the mall I just get sick of the mob scene. Any survival tip? Any good online website?
--hide--

I'm not a shopper, per se, Khoa; and I have no desire to try it on Black Friday crazy grinch

Nov 12th 2012 new

--hide--

I understand Wal-mart is starting their Black Friday at 8 p.m....on Thanksgiving!! faint

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: I understand Wal-mart is starting their Black Friday at 8 p.m....on Thanksgiving!!...
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

I understand Wal-mart is starting their Black Friday at 8 p.m....on Thanksgiving!!

--hide--
Yes, Charles -- isn't it just great that the employes have to interupt their Thanksgiving to peddle Walmart's wares?

Bah, humbug..... irked

What's just as sad is that people actually show up for these sales.

Nov 12th 2012 new

--hide--

Because I no longer have a suit of armor and a sword, I don't want to be part of the "wait, push and shove" crowd. Save that for the fanatics who don't mind waiting overnight to have a crack at the 3 super-price items they are offering. Better to wait instead of risking a permanent limp.

Online sites? Major department stores typically have websites so you can order there.

As a side note, we're running into more and more large store chains that are supporting same-sex marriages. JC Penney is one. Amazon (not a brick and mortar operation) is another supporter. This might influence people to shop elsewhere as a form of protest.

Posts 1 - 10 of 24