Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What turns you off?

11/11/2012 new

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

11/11/2012 new

Not answering Yes to the questions about your Catholic faith. Sorry - I deal with that enough, don't want it in a spouse.

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Not answering Yes to the questions about your Catholic faith. Sorry - I deal with that enough,...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Not answering Yes to the questions about your Catholic faith. Sorry - I deal with that enough, don't want it in a spouse.

--hide--
I hear ya! Keep it coming

11/11/2012 new

Not filing out all the information on your profile.

11/11/2012 new

No profile photo. I know photos are tough to find and you just need someone to take a snapshot and then post it. I think it makes a big difference on if a person responds or not. Good subject. Marian

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--

At this age, the very first thing that turns me off is unresolved emotional issues regarding past loves-- in short, baggage.

Men and women should be emotionally available when they put themselves out there, in the real world or even in online dating.

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-472688 said: At this age, the very first thing that turns me off is unresolved emotional issues regardi...
(Quote) Mary-472688 said:

At this age, the very first thing that turns me off is unresolved emotional issues regarding past loves-- in short, baggage.

Men and women should be emotionally available when they put themselves out there, in the real world or even in online dating.

--hide--

Is that Checked or Carry on?? maybe you should charge them per Bag. laughing laughing laughing I'm just kidding Mary biggrin Something that makes me skip a profile?,,hmm..first, would be No profile pic or only 1 pic- I especially profiles that have several pictures and showing what you enjoy doing or places you have been. It's a great segue into a conversation. Another thing not crazy about is if someone only writes one paragraph about themselves. I know everyone says it's hard, and it took me a while to learn to write more,,but just simply write what you "like" to do, and what makes you happy. That's what connects most people.. sharing some of the same Passions. cool

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: Is that Checked or Carry on?? maybe you should charge them per Bag. I'm just kidding ...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Is that Checked or Carry on?? maybe you should charge them per Bag. I'm just kidding Mary Something that makes me skip a profile?,,hmm..first, would be No profile pic or only 1 pic- I especially profiles that have several pictures and showing what you enjoy doing or places you have been. It's a great segue into a conversation. Another thing not crazy about is if someone only writes one paragraph about themselves. I know everyone says it's hard, and it took me a while to learn to write more,,but just simply write what you "like" to do, and what makes you happy. That's what connects most people.. sharing some of the same Passions.

--hide--

EDIT; ... I especially Like profiles....

11/11/2012 new

- No picture or bad a picture - I need to know who I'm talking too and I hate pictures but still put some on my profile so could everybody.

- Seeing a "no" in the faith section - You shoudn't be on CATHOLICmatch, it just doesn't make sense to me.

- Bad grammar when english is your first language. (my very own excuse is that it's my 3rd :) )

- Those you write 2 instead of two or to OR 4 instead of for or four ... How old are you again?

- When people say " it's hard to write something about me" and they would write 2 sentences, well it's hard for everyone but we still do it

- Those you don't know what they want, like it's ok for a long distance "relationship" and then they get cold feet when they realize you're in Paris/ France and not Paris/ Texas.

- Racism / ignorance but that's just too long.

- When you politely decline someone but they insist. Why????

That's allI can think off for now.

11/11/2012 new

* those who and not you

Posts 1 - 10 of 200