Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 11th 2012 new

I agree with some of whats been said. When people don't fill out all the profile stuff: the "seeking" section, the optional questions (favorite saint, etc at the very bottom)...that is what makes you unique from everyone else...if you make it personal, put some good time into it. When they don't fill out everything, it seems a little impersonal or that the person hasn't put much effort into the whole experience, but rather just answered the general questions...so I would say it's a turn off when it seems there was little thought or effort into creating their profile.

I enjoy reading lots of info - instead of guessing about a mystery profile. Like most on here, we kind of know what we are looking for, so the more info, the better. If I see someone who has written alot, it catches my attention because it usually shows they have put thought and effort into this experience. Creative, sincere and mature are great attention getters! (at least for me!)

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Kelly-915163 said: I enjoy reading lots of info - instead of guessing about a mystery profile. Like most on here...
(Quote) Kelly-915163 said:

I enjoy reading lots of info - instead of guessing about a mystery profile. Like most on here, we kind of know what we are looking for, so the more info, the better. If I see someone who has written alot, it catches my attention because it usually shows they have put thought and effort into this experience. Creative, sincere and mature are great attention getters! (at least for me!)

--hide--

Very well said! Agreed!!!

Nov 11th 2012 new

Smokers; I grew up with them in my family, and just can't embrace the idea of dating one. I support their right, but it's a personal turn-off.

Those who emhasize "independence". I get the impression that they would be very dictatorial when dating someone. I applaud their achievement, but it causes me to hesitate moving any further.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Smokers; I grew up with them in my family, and just can't embrace the idea of dating one. I sup...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Smokers; I grew up with them in my family, and just can't embrace the idea of dating one. I support their right, but it's a personal turn-off.

Those who emhasize "independence". I get the impression that they would be very dictatorial when dating someone. I applaud their achievement, but it causes me to hesitate moving any further.

--hide--

Oh yeah! I forgot about that!

Smoking...No way! I just can't sorry!

Alcohol too, when I see "drink regularly" it just makes me wonder how much exactly? So that's also a no way!

And about pictures, when people take pictures of themselves with their mobile phones... I just can't stop laughing then it's a big : NEXT laughing

Nov 11th 2012 new
Dave I guess I'm out of luck ,lol I only have one picture and not much posted about myself I reserve all my personal information in the event I get to meet someone someday . Lol
Nov 11th 2012 new
A guy asking me for more pictures of myself ! A total turn off ! Relax !
Nov 11th 2012 new
I agree smoking and no profile pic
Nov 11th 2012 new

When they mention their ex in their profile. boggled To me that means they either aren't over it, or are still struggling with it. If that is the case then maybe they are bitter and or hurting and aren't ready to move on.

Cat

Nov 11th 2012 new

The first thing that comes to mind is a profile that does not display a picture. It should also be a current picture but sometimes they are not. Sometimes there are pictures but they are of men posted with women. Many times they do not say who the women are. I wonder gee why are they here ??? They usually look happy with these women also. LOL Next it would be an answer of no to most of the faith questions. I saw a profile here recently and the man answered no to All of the faith questions. LOL When I read that I thought what does he believe in then???? When a man writes in his profile that he is attractive and is looking for the same that is also a reason to pass that profile by. Finally men that smoke and have poor grammar.

Nov 11th 2012 new

The honesty of all responses is awesome! Keep it coming folks!

Reading through all the responses, how many of those "turn offs" do I have in my profile? Maybe it's time for an overhaul and self-improvement :-)

Posts 11 - 20 of 200