Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

11/10/2012 new

(Quote) Carlos-906517 said: I'm actually very excited about this year's holiday season. At 28 I've never been able to s...
(Quote) Carlos-906517 said: I'm actually very excited about this year's holiday season. At 28 I've never been able to share a holiday with someone. This year might possibly be different. I recently met a young lady here on CM. We will actually meet in person on tues after communicating for a few weeks. A lot in common, we are both competitive fighters (literally) shes a kickboxer and I'm a MMA fighter, but most of all a lot of connections on a personal level. She is turning out to be the real version of what I considered ideal. Shes hit every check point on the list so to speak. When describing the ideal relationship we both had the same words in the same order. Its almost a too good to be true. Hopefully, maybe, this will work out.
--hide--

Great Carlos.Wishing you'll all the best.

11/10/2012 new

I usually attend a Christmas Novena at 5.30 am at a nearby parish.Looking forward to this again.

Love Christmas. cloudnine popeI need a baby Jesus emote here

11/10/2012 new
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Officially the holiday season is a few weeks away, but we all have seen the blatant signs of it coming. Are you read...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Officially the holiday season is a few weeks away, but we all have seen the blatant signs of it coming. Are you ready? Often the season is difficult for us singles. It's hard to be alone in the sea of marrieds we are with at family gatherings, office parties, church, and other areas of our life. Do you have a plan for making sure that you get the most out of the holidays? Or are you planning on wallowing in the misery? Do you have some secret strategies that you can share with us?

I contemplated this today when I heard my first Christmas song on the radio (I know, some of you heard it in September) and I realized I'm not ready. But I have a plan! I am attending a few CM gatherings. I have found I am never uncomfortable or down about the holidays when I know I'll be celebrating with great CM friends! (There are already at least a dozen definite attendees. ) Come join us at the CM Indy Christmas party on the first Sunday of Advent! We'd love to celebrate with you!
--hide--

I would love to attend again the "Simbang Gabi" (Mass at dawn from Dec. 16 - 24) which is a Filipino tradition in preparation for the birthday of our Lord at Christmas. However, I am not sure if I will be able to do it because I have work during the day. In case I cannot make it to the "Simbang Gabi", I will attend the Christmas Triduum from Dec. 22 - 24 then spend Christmas Day with my mom and my cousin's family who live near us.

Also, as Dawn had mentioned Christmas song, I was reminded of my fave Christmas songs from several years ago and I'd like to share them with all of you. Happy listening! wave

www.youtube.com and www.youtube.com
11/10/2012 new
Melissa, thank you for posting the links to those beautiful Christmas songs...I was in the Phillipines about 5 years ago in November and the streets and malls were all decorated for Christmas...it was one of the best trips I've ever taken...thanks for the reminder!
11/11/2012 new
(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Melissa, thank you for posting the links to those beautiful Christmas songs...I was in the Phillipines about 5 year...
(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Melissa, thank you for posting the links to those beautiful Christmas songs...I was in the Phillipines about 5 years ago in November and the streets and malls were all decorated for Christmas...it was one of the best trips I've ever taken...thanks for the reminder!
--hide--

You're welcome, Erin. biggrin I'm glad too that you enjoyed your trip here. Yes, Christmas season starts quite early in the Philippines. At the onset of September, the Filipinos have a common immediate thought: "Christmas is just around the corner." (It doesn't matter that in reality, Christmas is still 115 days away from September 1! laughing ) Then we have the 100 Days Christmas Countdown in the local television stations that starts on September 17; and right after we take time to remember our dead love ones on November 1 and 2, some families already start putting up their Christmas trees and other Christmas decorations, and their miniature Nativity set in their homes. With this, the malls and the streets, like you have seen, are also decorated with colorful Christmas decorations. Christmas is always a joyful celebration because it is a time of family reunions and celebrating the birth of our Lord. biggrin
11/11/2012 new

youtu.be

11/11/2012 new

After last year's Holiday season being a sad one for me (my father passed in September, and my mother is gone too) I'm trying to think of things to do to make this year much better. No kids, or nieces or nephews yet, just my brother and his wife.
Even with electronic technology, do people still snail mail Christmas cards? That would be a start. Then, my parish has a Giving Tree for children and local nursing home residents, so I'll contribute a gift there.
Any other ideas out there?

11/11/2012 new
(Quote) Carlos-906517 said: I'm actually very excited about this year's holiday season. At 28 I've never been able to share a hol...
(Quote) Carlos-906517 said: I'm actually very excited about this year's holiday season. At 28 I've never been able to share a holiday with someone. This year might possibly be different. I recently met a young lady here on CM. We will actually meet in person on tues after communicating for a few weeks. A lot in common, we are both competitive fighters (literally) shes a kickboxer and I'm a MMA fighter, but most of all a lot of connections on a personal level. She is turning out to be the real version of what I considered ideal. Shes hit every check point on the list so to speak. When describing the ideal relationship we both had the same words in the same order. Its almost a too good to be true. Hopefully, maybe, this will work out.
--hide--

Now, that's the holiday spirit!! Before you know it, it will be time to bring out the mistletoe! wreath

Praying St. Raphael, pray for Carlos to have a happy meeting that leads to many with this young woman. May the Spirit guide them.
11/11/2012 new
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: I usually attend a Christmas Novena at 5.30 am at a nearby parish.Looking forward to this again.
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

I usually attend a Christmas Novena at 5.30 am at a nearby parish.Looking forward to this again.

Love Christmas. I need a baby Jesus emote here

--hide--

wave Hello, Sherrill-anne! Hope things are good in your corner of the world! Can't hardly believe that it is time to talk about Advent again!
11/11/2012 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: As a kid I loved Christmas and Advent. I remember the 23rd of December being a great day, still having the anticipa...
(Quote) John-746882 said: As a kid I loved Christmas and Advent. I remember the 23rd of December being a great day, still having the anticipation of Christmas coming, calling it Christmas Eve Eve. And Christmas Eve itself was so much fun because it was the one time all year we'd meet both sets of our cousins at a big party. Of course Christmas morning was amazing, and Christmas Day meant my Grandma and Grandpa and Aunts and Uncles were coming. It gets harder as I get older, but I want to get a little bit of that childhood joy back this year. I'll do my best to get that again.
--hide--

John, I hope that you are well in NJ. We've been praying for you and yours. I know that this holiday season will be different than those before for all of you who were in the path of Sandy. May this season be a time of grace and restoration for all of you! Praying

I know what you mean about losing the sense of childhood joy. I get some of that back with our Christmas Party. I also try to find children to spend some time with-- it's infectious!
Posts 21 - 30 of 66