Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Elisabeth-916432 said: "Girls with kids"... First I would say women with kids because I suppo...
(Quote) Elisabeth-916432 said:

"Girls with kids"... First I would say women with kids because I suppose we're all adults here . And second that's really rude. Sorry but no sorry! Unless you know people and their past you can't blame someone for having kids. What if she is a widow? Can't she marry again? Same for men. I understand people who don't want to get into relationships with someone who have kids but the say you've said is the biggest turn off I've ever seen.

--hide--

To be too hard on him. I have kids and honestly if a guy doesn't want to date somebody with kids, I'd glad that they steer clear of me. I don't need any damage caused to my children by somebody who would not cherish them. It's not their fault that their parents are not married. I hope men with kids protect their children that way too.

I will stay single indefinitely before I would allow that to happen. Love is about sacrifice and I will sacrifice for my kids.

Nov 11th 2012 new

--hide--

Thx. I can be tactful at least some of the time. LOL.

Nov 11th 2012 new
Many of the items mentioned were certainly relevant when I was looking. However, there is one item I hate to see on anyone's profile: a list of everything they don't want.

Reading a list of negatives automatically makes the profile uninviting. It is fine to list a dealbreaker, but phrase it in a positive light!
Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Elisabeth-916432 said: Everyone is entitled to their opinion but their is still a certain way to say things es...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but their is still a certain way to say things esepcially sensitive thing like that.

--hide--
I totally agree. However, putting meaning other than the original intent of the statement is not a good thing as well. If I remember Gustavo's statement, it was stated plainly to indicate his preference and nothing else. That said, let us put this to rest and move on with the thread. I am amused with the replies.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: To be too hard on him. I have kids and honestly if a guy doesn't want to date somebody...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

To be too hard on him. I have kids and honestly if a guy doesn't want to date somebody with kids, I'd glad that they steer clear of me....

--hide--

I've seen women's profiles that indicate they don't want to be step mothers, too. There are unique challenges with step parenting and not everybody is meant for that. I like your ability to realize that and not take it personally. For me it's not an automatic "no" but something that I take very seriously. The way I look at that situation is this: when a woman has kids then I'm not just dating her -- it has to be right for me, her, AND the kids. When there are more people involved the chances that this will be the case go down. Not impossible but harder I think.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Rae-242317 said: Many of the items mentioned were certainly relevant when I was looking. However, there is one item I hate ...
(Quote) Rae-242317 said: Many of the items mentioned were certainly relevant when I was looking. However, there is one item I hate to see on anyone's profile: a list of everything they don't want.

Reading a list of negatives automatically makes the profile uninviting. It is fine to list a dealbreaker, but phrase it in a positive light!
--hide--

I agree. Long lists of negatives sounds negative. In my experience few women do this but when I see it, it's a turn off.

Nov 11th 2012 new

biggrin Kahrip,
I would consider redoing the seeking part. It needs to be enlightened.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: - Anyone whose profile begins by merely repeating the demographic information listed lower down i...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

- Anyone whose profile begins by merely repeating the demographic information listed lower down in the profile I assume is just trying to meet the "About Me" character requirement so they can browse profiles. (Ex: I am 6'1 and have brown hair...) Automatic skip.

--hide--

Actually, this is the standard CM template that appears until your written description is approved and published.

theheart

Nov 11th 2012 new

Men who lie about their age. Why do they make it a year or two younger?

Obesity....yes, lose some weight and take better care of it. I could not imagine!

Drinkers....alcohol....... no way.

Not true to the teachings of the church....how could you not believe in the Immaculate Conception as professing your Catholic?

Men...who say they are never married...but have children? What happen? Explain yourself please..... did you adopt? Say so.. it helps to know.

Saying to bring me closer to God..... you need to do that, it's between you and God.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Actually, this is the standard CM template that appears until your written des...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Actually, this is the standard CM template that appears until your written description is approved and published.

--hide--
Thank You for the information Victor, I was wondering about that also!

Posts 41 - 50 of 200