Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I save my tin foil hat for discussions about Bigfoot, 911 "truthers" and the JFK assass...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I save my tin foil hat for discussions about Bigfoot, 911 "truthers" and the JFK assassination.

--hide--

Peter, that is it. You got it right! I am with you on this one!

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Let me point out that Petraeus' affair would itself be a very vali...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Let me point out that Petraeus' affair would itself be a very valid reason for his removal from office. That, after all, is a major violation of national security that would leave a our intelligence community highly vulnerable.

That said, allow me to point out a bigger story here, that includes a few "I told you so" to certain CM'ers I debated a few months back. For one thing, Benghazi, where the Libyan rebellion began in 2011, was an area long known for Jihaddist militancy and a major center for Al Qaeda. A long running anti-Gaddafi group, the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) was headquartered there, and allied with Al Qaeda formally in 2007. They were a major source for terrorists in Iraq, second to Saudi Arabia in home nation for foriegn fighters there, as the report from West Point notes.

Benghazi was an Al Qaeda stronghold and longtime source of rebellion in Libya, so Gadaffi was quite correct in claiming that the source of the rebellion that overthrew him was Islamic terrorists. Obama's illegal intervention in Libya snatched victory from the jaws of defeat for the rebels there.

www.washingtonsblog.com

www.scribd.com

www.telegraph.co.uk

--hide--

There are hardly any "I told you so's" here. Your contention was, and as far as I can tell still is, that the new Libyan government as an entity is an al Queda front. Nobody is or was disputing that there are extemists operating there. An single attack on an ill-defended compound hardly comes anywhere close to demonstrating that al Queda is calling the shots in Libya.

That aside, I agree that the affair itself is sufficient for his removal.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: I wonder whether the Benghazi attack was meant to be some sort of October Surprise. Heh, Obama kil...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

I wonder whether the Benghazi attack was meant to be some sort of October Surprise. Heh, Obama killed Osama...sure....hard to believe any of these fairy tales anymore.

--hide--

Sean, are you suggesting that the republicans may have been involved in the Bengazi attack to cause a Sept surprise for Obama? Could that be the reason why Romney spoke before even the facts were known? Do you think he may have had the facts if the republicans had been involved? Just asking?

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 said: Sean, are you suggesting that the republicans may have been involved in the Bengazi a...
(Quote) Karis-410918 said:

Sean, are you suggesting that the republicans may have been involved in the Bengazi attack to cause a Sept surprise for Obama? Could that be the reason why Romney spoke before even the facts were known? Do you think he may have had the facts if the republicans had been involved? Just asking?

--hide--

That's what I've read. Who knows for sure? I'm not sure what the motive for killing Stevens was. I read one claim that it was a faked kidnapping heist gone wrong. Of course, the US never would back jihadis going to Syria by way of Turkey, would it?

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 said: This is true tinfoil stuff, with strings tied across tree branches....

This is true tinfoil stuff, with strings tied across tree branches....

--hide--

Yet another enlightened comment from the most enlightened among the unenlightened. rolling eyes

theheart

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 said: Sean, are you suggesting that the republicans may have been involved in the Bengazi a...

--hide--

You know, the next comment you make that is based in fact will be the first comment you make that is based in fact.

So is the life of the truly enlightened, I suppose... rolling eyes

I certainly hope the good Lord never blesses me with such enlightenment.

theheart

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I have talked to men in the military, their take: Extramarital Affair is a violation of the Unif...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

I have talked to men in the military, their take: Extramarital Affair is a violation of the Uniform Code of Conduct - Is the POTUS held to the same standard? POTUS should be, but probably isn't. He fessed up rather than be blackmailed into silence so the truth about Libya can come out.

Stay tuned, it's going to get interesting before it's over.

And that Security Clearance became an issue when he violated the Uniform Code of Conduct.

--hide--

This view is exactly what I think happened. Hopefully, Congress can enlighten us.

- Elizabeth

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: You know, the next comment you make that is based in fact will be the first comment...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

You know, the next comment you make that is based in fact will be the first comment you make that is based in fact.

So is the life of the truly enlightened, I suppose...

I certainly hope the good Lord never blesses me with such enlightenment.

--hide--

You're a dupe, what with all your tin-foil ideas. Read War is a Racket by Smedley Butler. Same contrived conflicts are still going on, 77 years after that book was written.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Yet another enlightened comment from the most enlightened among the unenlightened.<...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Yet another enlightened comment from the most enlightened among the unenlightened.

--hide--

The enlightened being those who are spoonfed a daily diet of nonsense from Faux News?

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: You're a dupe, what with all your tin-foil ideas. Read War is a Racket
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

You're a dupe, what with all your tin-foil ideas. Read War is a Racket by Smedley Butler. Same contrived conflicts are still going on, 77 years after that book was written.

--hide--

I'm not the one who introduced tin foil into the discussion. In fact, I've never even mentioned it at all. I don't deal in cliches.

That said, you may want to remove yours... it gets dangerous when used in combination with a microwave oven. Just sayin'. rolling eyes

theheart

Posts 41 - 50 of 124