Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Well you like them as I do.... but you have been conditioned to losing as I have. (they have lost...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Well you like them as I do.... but you have been conditioned to losing as I have. (they have lost many heartbreakers) And, they have been "blown out" before. Not many too many of us huh? In fact, the entire 7 years I lived in Bryan/College Station I bet I met a handful of people like you and I. When moving there my blood type was "burnt orange"....but I quickly had to change to "maroon and white" I just hate it they bailed on the Big 12...because the Texas/Texas A&M tradition was so huge

--hide--

I've lived here forever and only started bleeding maroon yesterday! That said, I will definitely miss the rivalry with Texas and the bonfire that's not really the bonfire that use to go with it...

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Angie-70288 said: I've lived here forever and only started bleeding maroon yesterday! That...
(Quote) Angie-70288 said:

I've lived here forever and only started bleeding maroon yesterday! That said, I will definitely miss the rivalry with Texas and the bonfire that's not really the bonfire that use to go with it...

--hide--
NO it's not. I was down there (BCS) when they had the last bonfire. And the next year when the collapse happened (such a terrible tragedy. Even UT was holding prayer vigils during the whole ordeal) But I remember someone telling me those big logs were soaked with jet fuel and that's what made the bonfire so big and fascinating. I remember I could only get within 100 yards of the thing...because of the crowd...but could STILL feel the heat coming off of it!!

11/11/2012 new

Jerry and Angie,

How about dem Aggies? What a game!!! One of the best college games I have seen in many years. Now, the Ags have a chance to get an invitation to a great bowl that pays $$$$$$$$. The Aggies should get there as they only have Sam Houston State and Missouri to close out the regular season. I am not sure if they will qualify for a playoff berth.

Both of my children have their undergrad degrees from A & M and my son receive his masters in August, 2011 from Aggieland. My daughter also has her masters but not from A & M.

I am certainly going to miss the Longhorn/Aggie games on Thanksgiving Day. I have no doubt though their rivalry will resume in the next few years. I would think the alumni on both sides would demand it.

This weekend, four of my favorite Texas teams are playing. The Ags and Longhorns have already won. The Cowboys look as if they are going to beat the Eagles and if my Texans could just beat the Bears, then what a great football weekend in my family.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

11/11/2012 new

Alabama just gave Oregon exactly what it needed, now there's absolutely noone who is going to stop them now.

11/17/2012 new

NOTRE DAME #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clover

11/18/2012 new
Let's go Irish!
11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: Let's go Irish!
(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: Let's go Irish!
--hide--

I'm off to LA- had no idea it would be such a big game!
Anyone think we will get to Miami this season?

11/23/2012 new

Only positive thoughts from here! They got this!!!

11/24/2012 new

(Quote) Kevin-696435 said: It's finally here. College Football season kicks off this weekend, Who will win the National Champio...
(Quote) Kevin-696435 said: It's finally here. College Football season kicks off this weekend, Who will win the National Championship? Will a SEC team win it again? Which team do you not want to win the championship?
--hide--

Yep. And it looks like it will be my favorite team....ALABAMA!!! Roll Tide! Bow Bow

- Elizabeth

11/24/2012 new

You'll be seein' NOTRE DAME in Miami!!!!!!!

Posts 31 - 40 of 52