Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Nov 11th 2012 new

As an addendum, I continue to pray for marriage. While I recognize that statement makes me sound hypocritical based on my first post in this thread, please know that I was unnerved when I read some of the callous responses to Jenny's original post. Please excuse me; thank you.

(Quote) Joe-874835 said: As a 2004 graduate that lives at home, I'll speak my peace: Less than 2 months after graduation...
(Quote) Joe-874835 said:

As a 2004 graduate that lives at home, I'll speak my peace: Less than 2 months after graduation, I sustained a 'severe traumatic brain injury.' While the cause of the injury is irrelevant and I seek no sympathy, I'm considered, 'high-functioning.' Nevertheless, I haven't been able to maintain full-time, competetive employment without getting fired, quitting or being laid off ... I moved out once post-injury, but then the layoff happened.

If one wants to describe me as 'immature,' that's their issue, not mine. I'd just as soon pack my bags to live in a 3rd world country than deal with some of the 'educated' people in this country. I've done my own laundry since 8th grade; help out with chores and general clean-up daily; chip in for incidentals and groceries.

I'll also note that I have family members living at home well into their 60s for one reason or another. In the traditional Italian family, one doesn't move out until marriage. I don't need to move, simple as that. I have sisters that moved out before marriage and continue to live on their own, independent of a spouse. Whether I get married or not doesn't matter much to me. It's ironic that I'm on this site.

Suffice it to say that a book should never be judged by its cover, despite society's idea of 'normal.' Check out the Tony award-winning musical, Next To Normal.

--hide--

Nov 11th 2012 new

I'll also note that I refuse to base any of my happiness on finding a spouse: if I am to be married, 'thy will be done;' if I don't get married, 'thy will be done.'

(Quote) Joe-874835 said: As an addendum, I continue to pray for marriage. While I recognize that statement makes me sound hy...
(Quote) Joe-874835 said:

As an addendum, I continue to pray for marriage. While I recognize that statement makes me sound hypocritical based on my first post in this thread, please know that I was unnerved when I read some of the callous responses to Jenny's original post. Please excuse me; thank you.

--hide--

Nov 12th 2012 new

heart Bravo Angela!!! In traditional families, the children DO stay home until they marry, regardless of how old they are. I have mentioned that before, but no one is really interested. It's more fun to assume and sling mud. You are doubly right over dating styles!! We are not only to avoid sin, but the appearance of sin. It is easier to avoid the appearance of sin when there are others present, which would not happen if someone lives alone. I know several young adults that either live at home, or with other young adults for expressly this reason - not money! heart

Nov 13th 2012 new

I matured a lot too when I moved out on my own and wasn't dependant upon anybody else for support from the moment I had my own place. It was a struggle financially at first but I learned very quickly how to budget and I'm a lot better for it now.

My situation is my own though so I don't think I would hold it against someone for living at home. I know lots of people (even some a lot older than myself) who live on their own but are still bailed out by their parents so much that they haven't really grown up or learned how to be responsible, so it really depends on each individual and how they handle their own situation.

Posts 51 - 54 of 54