Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Do you contemplate the words of the Our Father as you pray or are they only a habit?

Our Father who art in heaven. Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen!

How can people who pray this prayer honestly say, "Amen," I believe, when so many reject what the Church teaches? Things like, "what do a bunch of old, white, men know about women and married life?" Excuses that make me think people are trying to make their will God's! All consecrated vows are marriages to God not man. They know much more than you might imagine.

God gives life not death. If His will be done why do somany vote for the culture of death and servitude of people who only seek earthly rewards?
Nov 12th 2012 new

I can't say I have meditated on the Our Father, I have on the Hail Mary though.

Nov 12th 2012 new
Give it a try Marirose.. After all it is 'before' each hail mary in the rosary; I think it's Awesome :-)! God Bless!!!
Nov 12th 2012 new

I will. I know the benefits of this with the Hail Mary. Just as an example, pondering "full of grace" I cannot even imagine how it would be to be that full of the grace of God. Amazing.

Nov 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: I can't say I have meditated on the Our Father, I have on the Hail Mary though.
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

I can't say I have meditated on the Our Father, I have on the Hail Mary though.

--hide--

Mary, a perfect example of doing God's will on earth! :high five: :rosary
Nov 12th 2012 new
How about a High 10 Clair, for the Blessed Virgin Mother! God Bless!!!
Nov 12th 2012 new
Yes, I agree! That would be (and is) awesome!!! Mother Marys immaculate heart is the Key to Union with Jesus's Sacred Heart, to fill us with the Grace of God! :-)
Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Keith-806420 said: Yes, I agree! That would be (and is) awesome!!! Mother Marys immaculate heart is the Key to Union with J...
(Quote) Keith-806420 said: Yes, I agree! That would be (and is) awesome!!! Mother Marys immaculate heart is the Key to Union with Jesus's Sacred Heart, to fill us with the Grace of God! :-)
--hide--

I so love the Blessed Mother. I always feel she is so close to me and has come to my assistance numerous times. She always brings you closer to her son.

Sometimes too I like to put myself in a bible story and imagine being there with Jesus. Like at his feet bathing them in oil and seeing him look right through me. Knowing everything I've done, been, and will do and loving me still. Adoration is a good place for that.

Nov 12th 2012 new
That's neat Marirose! :-)
Nov 12th 2012 new
Has anyone hratd about this book "Against Heresies?"

Wrote in the 2nd centry by a Father of the Church, ST. IRENAEUS OF LYONS.

Look at the Preface of Book I and tell me we aren't facing the latest revision of the first heresy in the church, Gnosticism :www.newadvent.org
Posts 1 - 10 of 16