Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Ok, I'll share a few of my secrets from my 3 years of experience on this site... all guarant...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Ok, I'll share a few of my secrets from my 3 years of experience on this site... all guaranteed NOT to work!

--hide--

Hi Victor,

Your comment made me laugh out loud..... thanks laughing too funny!!!

Gary

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Meesch-691047 said: I'm going to try out a new policy (moreso because I get annoyed with my feelings of unrequited affe...
(Quote) Meesch-691047 said: I'm going to try out a new policy (moreso because I get annoyed with my feelings of unrequited affection): ONLY send out emotigram or message IF the guy viewed me first or messaged me first.

If dating is like fishing - you gotta go where the are (CM, church, bars, etc), gotta use the right bait and equipment (looking your best and being confident in your self worth), gotta start fishing when the fish are interested (they check out the bait), then you gotta wait until the fish bites, then reel it in carefully so as to keep your and the line doesn't snap or the comes off your line (keep them interested by not being predictable, manipulative, overbaring, or unreliable). Happy
--hide--

Hi Meesch,

What a great way to tell us your secret!!! But remember,,,,, I tell the guys at work, "If you want the right date, you gotta be the right bait!"

God Bless ya on catching your fish eh! Ya gotta fishin license? laughing

Gary

Nov 11th 2012 new

I kind of figured that out in one month. I enrolled with the idea that I would get to meet people wanting to make friends exchanging messages on a one to one basis. Whenever I would find out someone had read my profile, I would send an acknowledgement message or an Emote. I have had no response on 98% of them. I started wandering why. Is it my photo, is it my narrative? At this point it doesn't matter. I have left it in God's hands. I'll just participate in the forums to exchange ideas. This seems to be the main purpose of this site. Time will tell.

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: So, ladies and gentlemen.... What, in a profile, makes you want to reach out and get t...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

So, ladies and gentlemen....

What, in a profile, makes you want to reach out and get to know someone?

--hide--

When I see a profile that makes me want to reach out and get to know them. laughing rolling eyes Some people's kids, right? laughing It'd start out with an attraction and then upon reading their profile and feeling like they share the same core values and then if I feel like we're a good balance for one another. Like I'm a tad unorganized and I'd be looking for someone who is. Also, looking to see if she's interesting.

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: To be totally honest, for the most part, yes. However, I read thru one's entire profile, an...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

To be totally honest, for the most part, yes. However, I read thru one's entire profile, and sometimes, the way a person writes about herself paints a picture more beautiful than a visual portrait can capture. Having said that, there are occasions that I overlook the picture (or lack thereof).

--hide--
Kahirup I was just asking because I think it is important to have a profile picture so that you can see who you are communicating with. A profile picture is important. It helps you to appreciate who the person is you are communicating with.

Nov 12th 2012 new

I'll just participate in the forums to exchange ideas. This seems to be the main purpose of this site. Time will te

my thoughts exactly. i have sent a few birthday emotes, a message from the ramdon picture gallery, throw a compliment out to the western states. nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Nov 12th 2012 new

Hi! wave

I've been on and off CM, and I've come to realize that the most important tool is to depersonalize. Too often an emote or message will go out, and there is no response. I have found that this site is great for meeting some VERY nice people and just making new friends. Not being acknowledged happens to all of us. So, just keep your spirits high and realize that it's NOT your pictures or your narrative, at all!!

Angie

(Quote) Margarita-906479 said: I kind of figured that out in one month. I enrolled with the idea that I would get to meet pe...
(Quote) Margarita-906479 said:

I kind of figured that out in one month. I enrolled with the idea that I would get to meet people wanting to make friends exchanging messages on a one to one basis. Whenever I would find out someone had read my profile, I would send an acknowledgement message or an Emote. I have had no response on 98% of them. I started wandering why. Is it my photo, is it my narrative? At this point it doesn't matter. I have left it in God's hands. I'll just participate in the forums to exchange ideas. This seems to be the main purpose of this site. Time will tell.

--hide--

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Angie-853770 said: Hi! I've been on and off CM, and I've come to realize that the most important tool...
(Quote) Angie-853770 said:

Hi!

I've been on and off CM, and I've come to realize that the most important tool is to depersonalize. Too often an emote or message will go out, and there is no response. I have found that this site is great for meeting some VERY nice people and just making new friends. Not being acknowledged happens to all of us. So, just keep your spirits high and realize that it's NOT your pictures or your narrative, at all!!

Angie

--hide--

thumbsup wave

theheart

Nov 12th 2012 new

It's not a specific thing that tells me... send her an emoticon, or send this one an email. I generally get an impression of a woman by the types of photos she posts (what sort of activities does she enjoy? is family important to her? what does she do out with friends? Does she have a pretty smile? Is she enjoying herself?...you can get a lot from pictures.), does she have a story to tell? Does she fill out her profile entirely? Does what she write give a clear impression of who she is? Is she interesting to me?... that sort of thing. I think sending emoticons comes off as a bit lazy anyway...especially if the goal is to meet people, hopefully IRL.

Nov 15th 2012 new

The qualities in a profile that inspires a message from me are a clear indication of their love of the Church and the Lord, some activities in one or more of the Churchs' ministries, and evidence that their personality truly reflects what their profile reveals. We all have certain criteria that are deal breakers, but I believe in reaching out to someone that comes within 60% of my ideal, even if just to develop a contact and a possible friend.

Posts 31 - 40 of 51