Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

11/12/2012 new

No plans...I spend the day piddling around the house. I put Christmas movies and/or music on and start pulling Christmas decorations out, fluffing out my Advent wreath, looking for a puny branch for our Jesse tree. When I need to sit down for a few, I am writing out Christmas cards as I pray for the recipients. Even when times were not tight, I did not shop on Black Friday. Holidays are about God, family and joy for the season, not shopping.

I specifically took two extra days off for Thanksgiving and generally have Christmas week off in its entirety. I'm going to start making some phone calls to spend some time with our local nursing home, shelters, etc. I don't have money to donate, but I'm taking time. Just a thought. heart

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Even when times were not tight, I did not shop on Black Friday. Holidays are about God, fami...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Even when times were not tight, I did not shop on Black Friday. Holidays are about God, family and joy for the season, not shopping.

I specifically took two extra days off for Thanksgiving and generally have Christmas week off in its entirety. I'm going to start making some phone calls to spend some time with our local nursing home, shelters, etc. I don't have money to donate, but I'm taking time. Just a thought.

--hide--
Like your idea AnneMarie. I don't shop on Black Friday either, why wreck Thanksgiving with shopping.

It is actually one of my favorite holidays because it is just about spending time together.

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Even when times were not tight, I did not shop on Black Friday. Holidays are about God, fami...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Even when times were not tight, I did not shop on Black Friday. Holidays are about God, family and joy for the season, not shopping.

I specifically took two extra days off for Thanksgiving and generally have Christmas week off in its entirety. I'm going to start making some phone calls to spend some time with our local nursing home, shelters, etc. I don't have money to donate, but I'm taking time. Just a thought.

--hide--
Like your idea AnneMarie. I don't shop on Black Friday either, why wreck Thanksgiving with shopping.

It is actually one of my favorite holidays because it is just about spending time together.

11/12/2012 new
I love to shop on Black Friday! Last year I went to Walmart before midnight, a lot of staff was already gone, they opened at 11:00 pm; then Target, Kohl's, Jo-Ann and the mall. I hear this year, Target will open at 9:00 pm, I think is crazy , I feel for the people who work at those stores, they can not celebrate Thanksgiving with their families. There are couple websites with the Black Friday adds, I always make my list ahead of time and know which stores and what I am getting.
11/13/2012 new

I do not do Black Friday. I do a lot of my shopping online, and you can find some good deals online too- Macey's was having some real good deals online last week. I am a good bargan shopper. What I can't get online I take one day and just shop until I am done.

11/13/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: As a side note, we're running into more and more large store chains that are supportin...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

As a side note, we're running into more and more large store chains that are supporting same-sex marriages. JC Penney is one. Amazon (not a brick and mortar operation) is another supporter. This might influence people to shop elsewhere as a form of protest.

--hide--
Where can I get more information about this Ray?

11/13/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: As a side note, we're running into more and more large store chains that are supportin...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

As a side note, we're running into more and more large store chains that are supporting same-sex marriages. JC Penney is one. Amazon (not a brick and mortar operation) is another supporter. This might influence people to shop elsewhere as a form of protest.

--hide--

11/13/2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Where can I get more information about this Ray?
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

--hide--
Here's a link to one of the sites listing some major supporters: Corporate Sponsors | Human Rights Campaignwww.hrc.org/the-hrc-story/corporate-partners

11/13/2012 new

We'll try that again for a direct link: www.hrc.orgcorporate-partners

11/13/2012 new

Let me rephrase, for the handful of people aside from my grandson that I am shopping for, I am sending Honor Cards through Heifer.org. The adults I know need NOTHING and are doing their level best to downsize. heart

Posts 11 - 20 of 24