Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: Bravo! None of the women and men (who have children or ex-spouses) planned it that way. We are t...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

Bravo! None of the women and men (who have children or ex-spouses) planned it that way. We are trying to be responsible and carry our crosses in His example. We would never wish our circumstances on someone else, but it is what it is. I wish everyone the best in finding their match here.

--hide--
Carmen it is true most who get married do not plan on being divorced. People change and circumstances change and unfortunately people get divorced. I also am divorced. I have children also. I think many people who get divorced have children. If men/women prefer to date those that do not have children be glad that you know beforehand. You want someone who would welcome your children and love you and them.

Nov 12th 2012 new

agree 100%

Nov 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: Can I just say thank you! I couldn't believe someone would write "girls with kids"! Like we just...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

Can I just say thank you! I couldn't believe someone would write "girls with kids"! Like we just picked them up on the corner or something. If you're Catholic, life is part of the deal when you're married. Geez. Talk about turn offs. Guys who don't like "girls with kids" on a Catholic website.

--hide--

"I love all my haters"
Nov 12th 2012 new

I never thought that this thread would gain such attention. I appreciate every single contribution to the thread. I have observed that some of the posts may have ruffled some feathers in one way or another, and that is totally understandable. Looking back, the thread was premised on "items" on our profiles that will make other people jump to the next gent/lady. Having said that, it surely is quite difficult to avoid being defensive at times if our own personal circumstance is something others consider a "turn-off". Responses are not to be taken as an attack on our personal circumstances, but rather, a mere expression of another person's preference. We are all entitled to our own preferences, and we all are entitled to be respected for having such preferences.

On another note, I am happy that this thread has been helpful to a number of people. Personally, I use the responses here to introspect and identify my own weaknesses such that I may work to improve on them.

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I never thought that this thread would gain such attention.
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I never thought that this thread would gain such attention.

--hide--

Rookies! rolling eyes

theheart

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Rookies!
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Rookies!

--hide--
Thanks for that Victor. Thou I must admit, I don't know what to make out of that comment

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: The biggest turn off for me is when men/women have lists about what turns them off. ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

The biggest turn off for me is when men/women have lists about what turns them off.

--hide--

you were waiting to sneak that in there, weren't you cookiemonster Bow

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: you were waiting to sneak that in there, weren't you
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

you were waiting to sneak that in there, weren't you

--hide--
No getting anything past you, Dave. wink shhh rose

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Not necessarily. Anyone who knows me personally on this site knows that I talk to a...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Not necessarily. Anyone who knows me personally on this site knows that I talk to a lot of people here, and could be engaged in a number of conversations at any given time. I just don't do it all the time. I use my time on site like I'm hanging out at a wedding reception or party - banter among the group at the table or bar while giving one among the group more specific attention. It doesn't happen all the time, or even very often, but it still does from time to time. It's called being sociable.

--hide--

Anyone that's been around the Fora for a while will agree that Victor has some of the most thought provoking and sharp witted posts.. sometimes sharper than needs to be laughing but he does it in a respectful and considerate way. I dont know him personally but in my limited amount of time in the forums i've enjoyed and respected his posts and wouldn't hesitate to call him a friend. hug Praying

Nov 12th 2012 new

Someone who seeks you out and then never takes the time to get to know you. You ask him about his interests, family and he answers your questions, but then that's it. Why would I would to be with someone who deosn't care about me?

Posts 171 - 180 of 200