Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 12th 2012 new

With the holidays I'm always so frustrated by the fact that we spend all Advent running around partying, then collapse at the end of Christmas Day. Advent is a time of joyful preparation, so I try to avoid holiday parties until Christmas then have lots of parties from Christmas until the middle of January. But everyone is partied out by then. sad rolling eyes

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: With the holidays I'm always so frustrated by the fact that we spend all Advent running around ...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

With the holidays I'm always so frustrated by the fact that we spend all Advent running around partying, then collapse at the end of Christmas Day. Advent is a time of joyful preparation, so I try to avoid holiday parties until Christmas then have lots of parties from Christmas until the middle of January. But everyone is partied out by then.

--hide--
Yep, isn't this world upside down & disordered??! Just like the Christmas music on the radio disappearing come Dec 26.

Nov 12th 2012 new

I agree Matt, our focus is on family and Christ during Advent. I attend on holiday party with the ministry I serve with, and one lunch with my coworkers. heart

Nov 12th 2012 new

This year is going to be hard....I feel it already! I wish there were Cm events closer to me!!! I'm going to try and stay positive though....make the most of it!:)

Nov 12th 2012 new

Well, back to a very familiar path. My meeting with this young lady on Tuesday will not be happening. She's decided to go another route. I'm going to be going away for a while guys. Not sure where to go from here or what to do from here. 2 heart breaks in less than 2 months.

Nov 12th 2012 new
Holidays are the hardest time for me. Too many memories of my us and, but I have daughter, and we are creating our own traditions. For Thanksgiving, we made lunch, if my MIL and her family came s fine if not we will make our own as always. For Christmas, we go to mass on the 24, and open presents at midnight, we do believe in baby Jesus.
Nov 12th 2012 new
I found something to hope for. I'm in the world jiu-jitsu championship tournament. It ends right before christmas. Im really hoping to have that championship belt to hold on to christmas morning. That championship belt is right now my christmas hope. If its not there its going to be an empty day.
Nov 12th 2012 new

I'm working Thanksgiving, so no big plans.

I'm able to go to Midnight Mass with my exchange student, then home to bed and work Christmas Day until 11pm.

Those are my plans. smile

Nov 12th 2012 new

Good Luck on your fight Carlos

Nov 13th 2012 new
(Quote) Carlos-906517 said: I found something to hope for. I'm in the world jiu-jitsu championship tournament. It ends right before chris...
(Quote) Carlos-906517 said: I found something to hope for. I'm in the world jiu-jitsu championship tournament. It ends right before christmas. Im really hoping to have that championship belt to hold on to christmas morning. That championship belt is right now my christmas hope. If its not there its going to be an empty day.
--hide--

My prayers are with you Carlos....but please remember the Birth of Jesus is the reason for the season. This Advent season I plan on doing a lot of the reading/praying that I once shared with my son. And when I hear Silent Night at mass I will remember with joy how Andrew would fall asleep every time it was sung at mass until he turned 11 or 12 years old. I do miss my son every day but I know Andreww would want me to find joy and peace in my heart so I am opening my heart this holiday season to healing and hope...... angel
Posts 41 - 50 of 66