Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Jeanne-903760 said: You are in my prayers. I lost my 21 year old son Chris to suicide two years ago this month and m...
(Quote) Jeanne-903760 said:

You are in my prayers. I lost my 21 year old son Chris to suicide two years ago this month and my oldest son battles with biopolar disorder daily. Know that God is with you always.

--hide--

I cant imagine loosing one of my boys. You too will be in my prayers. rosary

Nov 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Sue-685340 said: I have a 14 year old son who has ADHD. He lost his father (my sposue) to esophageal cancer at 1 1/2 years ago, a...
(Quote) Sue-685340 said:

I have a 14 year old son who has ADHD. He lost his father (my sposue) to esophageal cancer at 1 1/2 years ago, and this has been a part of our lives that shook us both down to the last neuron. Grief, loss, depression and ADHD symptoms hae followed him and depression for me since that time. He is in a residential treatment center, and making some progress, but regressed alot this weekend. Technology is an obsession with him (IPODS). I pray that he gets better and I am able to parent him, but there have been so many problems that are brought up from the past when battle (conflict) ensues. He held up a knife to his kneck today, and I was afraid he would really hurt himself. Please pray for my son and any advice for me what be really a blessing. Thank you for your kindness.

--hide--

Praying hug Praying prayers offered for you and your son
Nov 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Jeanne-903760 said: You are in my prayers. I lost my 21 year old son Chris to suicide two years ago this month and my oldest son ...

You are in my prayers. I lost my 21 year old son Chris to suicide two years ago this month and my oldest son battles with biopolar disorder daily. Know that God is with you always.

--hide--

Prayers for you and your family. Very sorry for your loss.
Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Sue-685340 said: I have a 14 year old son who has ADHD. He lost his father (my sposue) to esophageal cancer at 1 1/2...
(Quote) Sue-685340 said:

I have a 14 year old son who has ADHD. He lost his father (my sposue) to esophageal cancer at 1 1/2 years ago, and this has been a part of our lives that shook us both down to the last neuron. Grief, loss, depression and ADHD symptoms hae followed him and depression for me since that time. He is in a residential treatment center, and making some progress, but regressed alot this weekend. Technology is an obsession with him (IPODS). I pray that he gets better and I am able to parent him, but there have been so many problems that are brought up from the past when battle (conflict) ensues. He held up a knife to his kneck today, and I was afraid he would really hurt himself. Please pray for my son and any advice for me what be really a blessing. Thank you for your kindness.

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart

Nov 13th 2012 new

the emotional trauma our children go through affect us. My daughter's counselor continues to remind me of this and to remind me to make time for me so that I am at my best to help my daughter. As parents we are always trying to keep our kids safe and healthy, we put them first. Sometimes to the point of causing more harm and suffering to ourselves. So remember to take time for you. During all the difficult days and nights ahead remember that God is there and many people are praying for you and your son. God Bless.
Praying Praying Praying hug

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Jeanne-903760 said: You are in my prayers. I lost my 21 year old son Chris to suicide two years ago this month and m...

--hide--
Sending you prayers to sustain you during this "anniversary" month, Jeanne. Praying

I also have a child with bipolar disorder who struggles daily. May those with this affliction, or any mental affliction, be healed by the Holy Spirit.

Nov 13th 2012 new

Sue, my children lost their father to cancer at ages 8 and 11. Although I made certain that they both received counseling services both before and after his death, they both have encountered many difficulties in dealing with their grief over the years.

One of my daughters was also diagnosed as ADHD, however, around age 16, the diagnosis was ammended to Anxiety Disorder, then around age 18, Bipolar Disorder was added to the mix. Intervention and treatment/therapy are the best help, but keep in mind that once is usually not enough. Your son may need periodic help.

Ray is sooo right--be sure to take care of yourself. Your son will need your strength in the future. Be prepared for the unexpected, and devise contingency plans if the future has bumpy areas. Seek out support from both professionals (school, church, Hospice therapy, etc) agencies, and from those here on CM (or other organizations). God bless you. hug Praying

Nov 13th 2012 new
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Sue, my children lost their father to cancer at ages 8 and 11. Although I made certain that they both receive...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Sue, my children lost their father to cancer at ages 8 and 11. Although I made certain that they both received counseling services both before and after his death, they both have encountered many difficulties in dealing with their grief over the years.

One of my daughters was also diagnosed as ADHD, however, around age 16, the diagnosis was ammended to Anxiety Disorder, then around age 18, Bipolar Disorder was added to the mix. Intervention and treatment/therapy are the best help, but keep in mind that once is usually not enough. Your son may need periodic help.

Ray is sooo right--be sure to take care of yourself. Your son will need your strength in the future. Be prepared for the unexpected, and devise contingency plans if the future has bumpy areas. Seek out support from both professionals (school, church, Hospice therapy, etc) agencies, and from those here on CM (or other organizations). God bless you.

--hide--

hug hug rosary rosary hug
Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Sue-685340 said: I have a 14 year old son who has ADHD. He lost his father (my sposue) to esophageal cancer at 1 1/2...
(Quote) Sue-685340 said:

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying

Nov 13th 2012 new

hug Praying

Posts 21 - 30 of 53