Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

I'm some what new to the site and I find myself boggled boggled as to why people do not reply to a simple comment or hello. It makes a single parent think it's because they see that you are a single parent. It makes one feel very discouraged, especially when one is also looking for great friendship.

Nov 13th 2012 new
(Quote) Rosario-865972 said: I'm some what new to the site and I find myself boggled as to why people do not reply to a simple commen...
(Quote) Rosario-865972 said:

I'm some what new to the site and I find myself boggled as to why people do not reply to a simple comment or hello. It makes a single parent think it's because they see that you are a single parent. It makes one feel very discouraged, especially when one is also looking for great friendship.

--hide--

Hi Rosario,

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago, it's in the Single Parenting Forum, under "Dating with Baggage". There was some great advice & words of encouragement. Being a single parent, I feel the same way, almost as if I'm avoided at times. Hang in there......the right one will find us! hug Praying
Nov 13th 2012 new

Oh goodness, please don't think it's because you are a single parent. I'm pretty sure it happens to lots of folks on here. I've seen both men and women post about the lack of responses. Have you looked to see if they are active? If even they have been active recently, it's possible that they are not paying members and therefore cannot respond.

By the way, let me be the first to Welcome you to CM! There are lots of friendly folks here. I'm sure your meet more as you post in different forums.

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Rosario-865972 said: I'm some what new to the site and I find myself boggled as to why people do not reply to a ...
(Quote) Rosario-865972 said:

I'm some what new to the site and I find myself boggled as to why people do not reply to a simple comment or hello. It makes a single parent think it's because they see that you are a single parent. It makes one feel very discouraged, especially when one is also looking for great friendship.

--hide--
Welcome to the CM forums, Rosario. Finding your way here can be very helpful -- both in your search, and for help and suggestions for everyday life. Many people here are in similar situations -- some better; some worse.

Not to worry -- you're not being avoided because of being a single parent. It's the nature of being on a internet dating site. Very simply, not everyone responds. The first thing that should be mentioned is that there are unpaid members who cannot receive or send messages or communicate except via simple emote with no comments added. The theory is that they might become interested enough to join the site.

Others don't respond because.....they just don't. Try not to take it personally -- it happens to all of us, no matter what our age or background happens to be. Just relax, and be patient. That's the key -- patience. Also prayer -- that if it be the Lord's will, a good, suitable man will come your way.

And join us when you can in the forums -- it's a good place to get to know people, and perhaps meet with groups of them at different events you might be able to attend.

Also -- don't think of being a single parent as baggage. I don't typically use the term baggage -- I prefer the word "history" instead. We ALL have that.

Nov 13th 2012 new

Thank you for the words of encouragement!!! Yes he will find us!! biggrin

Nov 13th 2012 new

Thanks Lisa I was actually getting ready to give up my membership....maybe I should ponder and pray more.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6