Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: No, I don't want taxes cut for the top 1%. I want them to go up. I meant to imply that it is ...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

No, I don't want taxes cut for the top 1%. I want them to go up. I meant to imply that it is some Republicans who want to cut taxes further.

--hide--

I guess if you aren't in the top 1% that's an easy call. If you are advocating raising taxes on others, I suggest you show good faith and voluntarily donate additional money to the treasury each year. I know politicians can spend it more wisely than you.

Side note - if we were to confiscate 100% of the wealth of the top 1% it runs the government for 2 1/2 months. Then what do we do.

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: The Republican governor of Lousiana said something smart about the party: http://www.politico.com...

The Republican governor of Lousiana said something smart about the party: www.politico.com

“We’ve got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything,” Jindal told POLITICO in a 45-minute telephone interview. “We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.”

Declaring that Republicans “can’t be beholden to special interests or banks,” the successor to Huey P. Long indicated support for provisions in the Dodd-Frank law, which requires banks to increase their reserves to prevent future taxpayer-funded bailouts.

Even more notably, Jindal suggested he’d look favorably on something akin to the “Volcker rule.”

Seems right to me. If the Republicans would drop the insistance that taxes can never go up (despite crocodile tears about the deficit), and instead advocate tax DECREASES for the "job creators" in the top 1%.

If they would drop this stupid idea that capital gains should be taxed at a lower rate than earned income. If they would kick Grover Norquist to the curb....

Maybe they could gain some respect. At least from moderates like me. Then again, I'm not Hispanic so maybe they don't care about me.

--hide--
...and irregardless of your envy of the rich....it doesn't justify voting for a pro-abortionist in our Catholic faith.

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: The Republican governor of Lousiana said something smart about the party: http://www.politico.com...

The Republican governor of Lousiana said something smart about the party: www.politico.com

“We’ve got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything,” Jindal told POLITICO in a 45-minute telephone interview. “We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.”

Declaring that Republicans “can’t be beholden to special interests or banks,” the successor to Huey P. Long indicated support for provisions in the Dodd-Frank law, which requires banks to increase their reserves to prevent future taxpayer-funded bailouts.

Even more notably, Jindal suggested he’d look favorably on something akin to the “Volcker rule.”

Seems right to me. If the Republicans would drop the insistance that taxes can never go up (despite crocodile tears about the deficit), and instead advocate tax DECREASES for the "job creators" in the top 1%.

If they would drop this stupid idea that capital gains should be taxed at a lower rate than earned income. If they would kick Grover Norquist to the curb....

Maybe they could gain some respect. At least from moderates like me. Then again, I'm not Hispanic so maybe they don't care about me.

--hide--
Here is proof that raising taxes DOESN'T work because they will just raise spending...all the proof we need....EUROPE!

Nov 13th 2012 new

"Odd? Romney Got ZERO Votes In 59 Precincts in Philly, and 9 Precincts in Ohio"

www.theblaze.com

There is NO way that he could have gotten zero votes....something is really fishy!

Nov 13th 2012 new

O'Reilly said that people fear the far left because they are so vicious. This is sooooo true....including their death threats to conservatives and their vile speech. He also said that the media has no accountability...sooo true.

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: "Odd? Romney Got ZERO Votes In 59 Precincts in Philly, and 9 Precincts in Ohio"
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

"Odd? Romney Got ZERO Votes In 59 Precincts in Philly, and 9 Precincts in Ohio"

www.theblaze.com

There is NO way that he could have gotten zero votes....something is really fishy!

--hide--
This is the rest of it that I missed.

I am asking everyone to call this number JAM the PHONE lines and demand a recount in Ohio. Call (614) 466-0562 I spoke with Allison at Sec of State. Please CALL lets stop this now!
Her email is ascott@ohiosecretaryofstate.gov JAM THE PHONE

Nov 13th 2012 new

O'Reilly's Jesse Walters interviewed people outside of Maher's show and it is amazing how ignorant these people are...they said housing prices went up (they haven't they've gone down) and they said Obama has spent the least amount of any president (he hasn't because he has spent the most of any president). HE said as long as they have Obamacare, free contraception, and abortion on demand they will vote for the guy....how ACCURATE and sad. Ten to one all these people call themselves moderates instead of liberals too. He also said the comedy show was vicious attacking mormon faith, etc....well, go figure.

Nov 13th 2012 new

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Paul Ryan and Alan West run for president/vice in 2016. Instead I'm hearing a lot about Rubio running....I hope the party doesn't think they can buy votes this way...however, if they run him because he is the best guy then fine.

Nov 14th 2012 new

--hide--
I just came back from paying for my car inspection...guess what the cost here in PA is almost TWICE what I paid when I lived in TX. Do you know why? If you said too much govt., you got it right. When govt. puts extra cost on businesses even if they keep their employees that cost is passed on to the consumer...now who do you think that hurts? Does it hurt the rich...no, they can afford it. Does it hurt the very poor...probably they don't drive....but it does hurt the poor and the middle class! You have probably never lived any place but that great state that you live in now that the increase in liberals will destroy also if they get their way. However, places like CA are also going bankrupt and are going to be a burden on the rest of the country...why....yes, high govt. cost and increased dependency to gain constituency.

Nov 14th 2012 new

--hide--
The other problem with liberals (not moderates) is that they just want OTHER people to pay more taxes....to take care of them, I guess or because they envy them and think they deserve to have their money (this is coming from someone poor who doesn't want their money!)....results in a Europe situation with the Kings and Queens and their round tables being the only "rich" left who can afford the real health care and don't have the health care the rest of the country has.

Posts 21 - 30 of 198