Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

11/13/2012 new

(Quote) Lois-765906 said: As I have continued with this Novena, I have been awestruck that: 1) I am actually persevering in ...
(Quote) Lois-765906 said:

As I have continued with this Novena, I have been awestruck that: 1) I am actually persevering in praying it (because I was unsure as to whether I could persevere in it) and 2) the graces I have been receiving that have come out of seemingly nowhere! My 13 year daughter has joined me in this also, which is something I would have never anticipated, given her status as teenager in the house. Amazing!

--hide--

Our God is an Awesome God! I am so glad you have felt the beauty and grace surrounding you! God will continue to work miracles in your life and the life of your daughter!

11/13/2012 new

(Quote) Lois-765906 said: As I have continued with this Novena, I have been awestruck that: 1) I am actually persevering in ...
(Quote) Lois-765906 said:

As I have continued with this Novena, I have been awestruck that: 1) I am actually persevering in praying it (because I was unsure as to whether I could persevere in it) and 2) the graces I have been receiving that have come out of seemingly nowhere! My 13 year daughter has joined me in this also, which is something I would have never anticipated, given her status as teenager in the house. Amazing!

--hide--

theheart This is beautiful. God is so good.

11/13/2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Day 13, Tuesday November 13, Joyful Mysteries
(Quote) Cherie-872998 said:

Day 13, Tuesday November 13, Joyful Mysteries

--hide--

In the second Joyful Mystery, Mary has just received the overwhelming news that she will bear the Messiah - yet she rushes off on an arduous journey because the angel told her that her kinswoman Elizabeth has conceived.

Upon her arrival Elizabeth greets her with the very words we pray in each Ave Maria and the baby in her womb leaps for joy to be in the presence of Christ.

Mary responds with her beautiful Canticle - The Magnificat. How amazed and thankful she is over what she's seen, heard, and experienced. How humble and full of love.

May we have the grace to put others ahead of ourselves, to recognize Christ in those who approach us, to bring Christ to those in need, and to share our awe and love for God with others.

rosary rose

11/13/2012 new
Blessings have been coming my way as well biggrin Thank you David and all....

Praying Praying Praying
11/13/2012 new

Praying Dove rosary theheart

11/13/2012 new

(Quote) Sue-501768 said: Blessings have been coming my way as well Thank you David and all....
(Quote) Sue-501768 said: Blessings have been coming my way as well Thank you David and all....

--hide--

Sue I am thrilled you are seeing the abundant blessings of our Lord! God is so good!

11/13/2012 new

Praying rosary theheart hug

11/13/2012 new

Day 14, Wednesday November 14, Luminous Mysteries

11/14/2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Day 14, Wednesday November 14, Luminous Mysteries

--hide--
Praying rosary theheart

Reflections on the Luminous Mysteries

www.regnumchristi.org

11/14/2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Day 14, Wednesday November 14, Luminous Mysteries

--hide--

The batism of Jesus by John in the River Jordan marks the beginning of His public ministry. The nature of his role and the very identity of God are revealed at this event.

John says "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world!" (Jn 1:29) John also says "Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God." (Jn 1:34) The lamb is the sacrifical offering. It was also the Passover lamb sacrificed and consumed in oprder to save the Jews from the Angel of Death. Jesus's mission is to offer himself for our sins, to nourish us and save us from everlasting death. Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God. What God spared Abraham from doing, He did not spare himself from enduring - the sacrifice of his only Son.

After Jesus was baptized, he came up from the water and behold, the heavens were opened (for him), and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove (and) coming upon him. And a voice came from the heavens, saying, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased." (Mt 3:16-17) God, whose identity had remained hidden and revealed only in partial ways now makes himself manifest at the beginning of Jesus's salvific mission: One God in thre divine persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All is revealed.

rosary

Posts 31 - 40 of 200