Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Does anyone have any recommended reading for Catholic dating? Audio books preferrably ;)

Happy Week everybody!

Oct 16th 2012 new

The Catholic Single Girl's Survival Guide.www.amazon.com

Awesome book!

Nov 14th 2012 new

The ABC's of Choosing A Good Husband by Stephan Wood

Nov 16th 2012 new

Good suggestions ladies! I just ordered a book this week entitled "How to get to 'I Do': A Dating Guide for Catholic Women" author Amy Bonaccorso. I got it used from Amazon. The author was interviewed by Johnette Benkcovic, I may have misspelled her last name, on her Women of Grace radio show this past Monday. It sounds very good and I can't wait to read it. I don't know if its also available through Nook or some other device. It sounds like she really gets to the heart of the Catholic woman's experience on the road to marriage. I like authors and speakers who speak or write boldly about a topic and I think at one point she discusses how when women are unwilling to adjust their criteria for choosing a man it may actually hinder them from finding a good man and thereby remaining single.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-606631 said: Good suggestions ladies! I just ordered a book this week entitled "How to get to 'I Do&#...
(Quote) Jenny-606631 said:

Good suggestions ladies! I just ordered a book this week entitled "How to get to 'I Do': A Dating Guide for Catholic Women" author Amy Bonaccorso. I got it used from Amazon. The author was interviewed by Johnette Benkcovic, I may have misspelled her last name, on her Women of Grace radio show this past Monday. It sounds very good and I can't wait to read it. I don't know if its also available through Nook or some other device. It sounds like she really gets to the heart of the Catholic woman's experience on the road to marriage. I like authors and speakers who speak or write boldly about a topic and I think at one point she discusses how when women are unwilling to adjust their criteria for choosing a man it may actually hinder them from finding a good man and thereby remaining single.

--hide--

Very good book! I bought it last year and read it in about two days. My all-time favorite Catholic dating book is "Christian Courtship in an Oversexed World" by Fr. T.G. Morrow. I think I've read it 4 or 5 times at least. I'm not sure if there is an audio version, but I highly recommend it nonetheless!

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: Very good book! I bought it last year and read it in about two days. My all-time favorit...
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said:

Very good book! I bought it last year and read it in about two days. My all-time favorite Catholic dating book is "Christian Courtship in an Oversexed World" by Fr. T.G. Morrow. I think I've read it 4 or 5 times at least. I'm not sure if there is an audio version, but I highly recommend it nonetheless!

--hide--

I have that book too! (the christian courtship that is) I am yet to finish it though but I like the way he writes. It's realistic and relatable because he shares some personal stories.

Nov 19th 2012 new

"How to find your soulmate without losing yourself" by Jason Evertt Very awesome book :)

Nov 19th 2012 new

These are not audio books, and these might not seem to be in the category of a 'Catholic dating book'. Please allow me to put the suggestion nonetheless. Never have I known a woman who reads and recites books such as these not to conduct herself gracefully, charitably, and with true feminine strength when interacting and accepting the men in their lives. I have watched women change before my very eyes into vessels of Divine Love, seeing Jesus in men who were once deplorable to their senses in a way I am sure Mary looked upon her Son.

Another way, I might say it, every woman I have known who has great devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, regardless of whom they might have been before, have set aside themselves and looked for not just for a man to intimately love but for a man to be the Christ in her domestic church, a man to be her prince, priest, and victim.

I apologise if that was too Catholic for Catholic Match. It's just that after reviewing thousands of profiles, I have made the stark connection that rejection a great many men face is the same rejection that Jesus likely faced from all sorts of folks, men and women; Him being an physically unattractive, unemployed, under-skilled labourer, know-it-all, who had to face all sorts of His own demons, whilst still living under His parents roof.

Follow the link for some great books. I suggest the works of St. Louis de Montfort.
www.baroniuspress.com

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Karin-903829 said: Does anyone have any recommended reading for Catholic dating? Audio books preferrably ;)H...
(Quote) Karin-903829 said:

Does anyone have any recommended reading for Catholic dating? Audio books preferrably ;)

Happy Week everybody!

--hide--

Men, Women and the Mystery of Love: Practical Insights from John Paul II's Love and Responsibility by Edward Sri is an awesome read for everyone wishing to understand the Church’s teaching regarding human sexuality, it will also change the way you view friendships, dating and all relationships.

Nov 22nd 2012 new

A Man Worth Waiting For. Written for women but would probably be an enlightening read for men.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to send you my copy.

Posts 1 - 10 of 34