Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-806637 said: Someone who seeks you out and then never takes the time to get to know you. You ask him about ...
(Quote) Patricia-806637 said:

Someone who seeks you out and then never takes the time to get to know you. You ask him about his interests, family and he answers your questions, but then that's it. Why would I would to be with someone who deosn't care about me?

--hide--
You are absolutely right Patricia, and welcome to the forums!

Nov 14th 2012 new

Leon,

I completely agreed to the fact that people who aren't married have some reasonable parameters, perferences and so on thus for them wanting to be completely appreciated "from the prospective match" at least. I certainly admitted that I am one of those people who have some perferences at least, mainly because I am young with perhaps high expectation ahead of me. But then, I now start to realise that in my future, things will change whether for better or worst. And I will always be ready for that. Thus, no matter what will happen to me, my heart tells me that I will still be the same person as I am right now in terms of my personality. Plus, I also realised that I will be much happier than right now when I have a family of my own by marrying to a true catholic woman with a fantastic children, career and life as well. So base on your post, I am truly thankful for sharing your perspective. Any words from the wisdom, like you, is always a blessing for us to be known as well, in which I will remember yours. Hope my response make sense to you?

God blessed you as well,

Johnny

Nov 14th 2012 new

When they aren't free to marry in the Catholic church, or they only attend Mass once a month. Your reading the entire profile and everything is looking good, and you get down to the church attendance question. I hope they move this question closer up to the top of the profile some day. Praying

Nov 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Eric, I have seen the views of some very opinionated women on this site who would not ...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Eric, I have seen the views of some very opinionated women on this site who would not want to be a stepmom. While I don't always understand their view (all relationships are work), I appreciate that they won't get into a relationship where there are children as the children don't deserve to be in that kind of situation.

I agree with you that step-parenting can be quite a challenge (I've read a number of books on it). Depending on the involvement of an ex, the ages of the kids [I think younger kids are more accepting], manners or lack of them in the other family. Some people feel so guilty about a divorce that they spoil their kids and make them very difficult to deal with. Honestly, there are some kids that would make me even want to run the other direction.

--hide--

Kids don't get to choose the step parent so it can be hard on them. If it does not work for the kids then pressure can cause the marriage to fail. A Protestant pastor friend tells me that the leading cause of the failure of 2nd marriages is issues around step parenting. Not saying it can't be done but saying it's often more difficult than just parenting one's biological kids or adopted kids.

Nov 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Eric-114571 said: Kids don't get to choose the step parent so it can be hard on them. If it does not wor...
(Quote) Eric-114571 said:

Kids don't get to choose the step parent so it can be hard on them. If it does not work for the kids then pressure can cause the marriage to fail. A Protestant pastor friend tells me that the leading cause of the failure of 2nd marriages is issues around step parenting. Not saying it can't be done but saying it's often more difficult than just parenting one's biological kids or adopted kids.

--hide--
That is very true.

Nov 14th 2012 new

Smokers and people who drink a lot, Non smoker or social drink is OK.

Nov 14th 2012 new

Saying no to the questions is another one.

Nov 14th 2012 new

When the first thing in their profile is how important exercise is. sad

A healthy lifestyle is important to me, but it is not my god.

Nov 15th 2012 new

If the distance it too far. Or...if the person smokes. I don't like smoking turns me off. Also...I rather get involved with guys who have been divorced or annulled. Gets too complicated for me. Also...if the guys doesn't say yes to all Catholic teachings.

cookiemonster United States Flag theheart

Nov 15th 2012 new

Oooops! embarassed I meant...I rather NOT get involved with guys who have been divorced or annulled.

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200