Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Getting responses

11/14/2012 new
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here,and I'm wondering if it has to do with my profile. I've gotten dates off CM in the past, say a few years back. But I've been sending emotigrams and notes to women who seem interesting, but I'm not getting responses.

Just a bit confused about what I am doing wrong here.
11/14/2012 new

I don't see anything off to me, but perhaps you could update your profile picture? It seems a little grainy and perhaps a clearer shot might help.

11/14/2012 new

I don't know man. I have the same issue. If you get to figure things out, maybe you can share the big secret to getting responses smile

11/14/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here,and I'm wondering if it has to do with my ...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here,and I'm wondering if it has to do with my profile. I've gotten dates off CM in the past, say a few years back. But I've been sending emotigrams and notes to women who seem interesting, but I'm not getting responses.

--hide--

Well I think you pictures are just fine... Perhaps the ladies you are contacting are not full members or consider they may not have internet access due to the Hurricane Sandy..

If you post in the forums you can see who is active and online.. That is always a good way to see if someone is a paying member if they are posting..

Many blessings to you and all of us in our search.. I think we all feel the same sentiment at one time or another..

GOD BLESS ... Keep trying ...

Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

11/14/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here,and I'm wondering if it has to do with my ...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here,and I'm wondering if it has to do with my profile. I've gotten dates off CM in the past, say a few years back. But I've been sending emotigrams and notes to women who seem interesting, but I'm not getting responses.

--hide--
James is right- get a friend to take a whole slew of digital pics in natural outdoor light. Yours was taken using flash which is unnatural and never flattering. Notice James' picture was taken likely on an overcast day, much preferrable over harsh sunlight. Softer light is always better, and no sunglasses!

It's a start~ good luck!

11/15/2012 new

Hi John,

I'm going to go out on a limb here but could it be the whole Eastern Catholic thing? I mean most Roman Catholics have no clue about the split. That's the only thing I could possibly come up with, but I can't imagine it would be a deal breaker.

I do have a suggestion to not just send an emotigram. Personally I find those frustrating. Maybe I'm old fashioned but it comes across as lazy in my opinion. Like the man liked you enough to see if you'll respond, but not enough to actually stop and think of what to say. I would rather get nothing because most of the time when I respond to an emotigram I never hear back. It is almost as if they were too lazy to read through the whole profile, but when I respond they do and discover something that makes them move on.

I hope this helps, good luck!

11/15/2012 new

I don't think that you're doing anything "wrong," but the type of woman that you are seeking is a pretty tall order! It sounds like you are looking for perfection. Anyhow, my first reaction was, "Oh, this is nice...but then I got to the description of who you seek, and I thought, "Wow! Pretty idealistic, and I stopped reading." Maybe you could soften the lines a bit, and then women wouldn't feel intimidated.

Well, that was my honest opinion. Best of luck with your search.

--hide--

11/15/2012 new

I read your profile too, but I didn't think what you desire in a woman was out of line or unrealistic. I think everyone has the same problem or so it seems to getting responses. I guess you would say I am "old school" I was taught when someone sends you a note that you reply to it. It is called having manners.

I looked at the suggested matches for myself today, and not one was within a reasonable driving distance. It seems as if CM promotes LD relationships. I don't think you owe a reply to someone who just looks at your profile though.

11/15/2012 new
John. I dont think your experience is unique. In fact it seems quite common to get no reply. Ive just beem trying for for some friendships and found that this is even harder. Hang in there!!!
11/15/2012 new

I dont know. I always respond. Dont understand people with bad manners.

I even responded to an insulting message, cannot say I was kind in that instance though.

Posts 1 - 10 of 30