Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I would like to share with you something I was looking into., and that has upset me.

I tried to find out what is necessary to register to vote. I looked it up for New York
State and New York City.

It seems that they say that you must be 18 years of age, and a citizen of the US.
But then when you send in the Voter Registration Form, if you do not have a NYS
Drivers License or a Social Security card, you can check a box saying you do not
have either one.

Then when you look at what documents you need to send in for that Registration Form to
vote--it says a utility bill is one form that is accepted.

In NY State, you need to prove you are a citizen to get a driver's license. So that
would be an acceptable form, but a utility bill? I don't think you need to be a
citizen to get a utility bill.

So, maybe non citizens can vote? In New York anyway.

Please help me out with this conundrum...It is very upsetting. I hope I am missing
something BIG in my interpretation. Attached is the NYC Voter Registration Form.

Thank you.

vote.nyc.ny.us

Nov 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I would like to share with you something I was looking into., and that has upset me. I...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I would like to share with you something I was looking into., and that has upset me.

I tried to find out what is necessary to register to vote. I looked it up for New York
State and New York City.

It seems that they say that you must be 18 years of age, and a citizen of the US.
Drivers License or a Social Security card, you can check a box saying you do not
have either one.

Then when you look at what documents you need to send in for that Registration Form to

In NY State, you need to prove you are a citizen to get a driver's license. So that

Please help me out with this conundrum...It is very upsetting. I hope I am missing
something BIG in my interpretation. Attached is the NYC Voter Registration Form.

Thank you.

vote.nyc.ny.us

--hide--

I wish some CM members would let me know if it is true that all one needs to vote is a
utility bill as proof of address.

Nov 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I would like to share with you something I was looking into., and that has upset me. I...

State and New York City.

have either one.

Thank you.

vote.nyc.ny.us

--hide--

In Ohio, you just need something like a utility bill. We tried to get a law in to make it so you had to bring a photo ID, but that got defeated on a ballot issue in 2011. Ohio is one of five states with the worst electoral security in 2004, along with Michigan, Florida, PA, and Nevada, and they are the states that won Obama reelection.

In hindsight, that might have been when Romney lost the election. Obama did not win one state that had things as simple as fully paper ballots and photo ID required for voting.

Before he even started due to an unprecedented, and quite sophiscated data driven ballot stuffing scheme that was masterful in knowning where to stuff and how many votes were needed to stuff by. Even places like LifeSiteNews.com, which would never make such a claim before, is now having to suspect this:

www.lifesitenews.com

endoftheamericandream.com

Nov 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I wish some CM members would let me know if it is true that all one needs to vote is a...

I wish some CM members would let me know if it is true that all one needs to vote is a
utility bill as proof of address.

--hide--

Maybe try calling the number on the form and ask ...I would think there should be a fine if someone that is not a US citizen trys to register..

I registered when I got my driver's license ..I don't recall having to show my birth certificate..
So I don't know.. I sure hope there is some kind of background check as well...

Keep us posted and let's make sure America and NY doesn't let just anyone vote ...

Thanks for bringing the topic up!

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Maybe try calling the number on the form and ask ...I would think there should be a fine...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Maybe try calling the number on the form and ask ...I would think there should be a fine if someone that is not a US citizen trys to register..

I registered when I got my driver's license ..I don't recall having to show my birth certificate..
So I don't know.. I sure hope there is some kind of background check as well...

Keep us posted and let's make sure America and NY doesn't let just anyone vote ...

Thanks for bringing the topic up!

--hide--

Kathleen: In NY you have to be a citizen to get a driver's license, and I think it is the same in NJ. I am afraid to say that
in a lot of other states that is not true.

When I get the nerve, I will call the number. I have to pretend like I have no ID to do the call; no SS card, no licence.
They might ask me if I have a birth certificate.

Do you know what it takes to register to vote in NJ? Not show up to vote after you register, but the initial registration.

I will call.

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: In Ohio, you just need something like a utility bill. We tried to get a law in to make ...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

In Ohio, you just need something like a utility bill. We tried to get a law in to make it so you had to bring a photo ID, but that got defeated on a ballot issue in 2011. Ohio is one of five states with the worst electoral security in 2004, along with Michigan, Florida, PA, and Nevada, and they are the states that won Obama reelection.

In hindsight, that might have been when Romney lost the election. Obama did not win one state that had things as simple as fully paper ballots and photo ID required for voting.

Before he even started due to an unprecedented, and quite sophiscated data driven ballot stuffing scheme that was masterful in knowning where to stuff and how many votes were needed to stuff by. Even places like LifeSiteNews.com, which would never make such a claim before, is now having to suspect this:

www.lifesitenews.com

endoftheamericandream.com

--hide--

Could you clarify for me, that in Ohio, you can register to vote with just a utility bill? I am not talking about showing up
to vote on election day. Many places need you to register first, long before election day.

Nov 15th 2012 new

State and New York City.

have either one.

Thank you.

vote.nyc.ny.us

--hide--

According to Hannity, not one person in Philadelphia voted for Romney. Can this be true? Not even one
person circled the wrong name by accident. This is statistically not possible out of thousands of voters.

Good video about this. Maybe Obama really DID NOT WIN the election.

www.youtube.com

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: According to Hannity, not one person in Philadelphia voted for Romney. Can this be tru...

According to Hannity, not one person in Philadelphia voted for Romney. Can this be true? Not even one
person circled the wrong name by accident. This is statistically not possible out of thousands of voters.

Good video about this. Maybe Obama really DID NOT WIN the election.

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Not exactly. In 59 different wards, Obama received 100% of the vote. What's even more telling, though, is that Republican poll workers were kicked-out of 23 different polling locations. Even though they obtained a court order to be permitted back into the polling locations, something is certainly amiss. Voter turnout across the city was just under 60%, however, voter turnout in the wards where the Republican poll workers were removed was over 90%.

And yet no one finds that curious.

And if you think this is bad, look at Cleveland and Cayahoga County, Ohio, which won the state, and the election, for Obama. The discrepancies there are even more aggregious.

theheart

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Not exactly. In 59 different wards, Obama received 100% of the vote. What's eve...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Not exactly. In 59 different wards, Obama received 100% of the vote. What's even more telling, though, is that Republican poll workers were kicked-out of 23 different polling locations. Even though they obtained a court order to be permitted back into the polling locations, something is certainly amiss. Voter turnout across the city was just under 60%, however, voter turnout in the wards where the Republican poll workers were removed was over 90%.

And if you think this is bad, look at Cleveland and Cayahoga County, Ohio, which won the state, and the election, for Obama. The discrepancies there are even more aggregious.

--hide--

This is deplorable. I wish Romney would put together a good team to review the voting results. Statistically,
he can prove a lot, but finding out what caused the inequity may be to his advantage and Americas advantage.
I wish someone would look into these anomalies for the good of our country.

Do you know what is required where you live, to REGISTER to vote? Is only a utility bill considered as
proper documentation when one registers?

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Victor-544727 said: Not exactly. In 59 different w...

Quote:
Victor-544727 said:

This is deplorable. I wish Romney would put together a good team to review the voting results. Statistically,
he can prove a lot, but finding out what caused the inequity may be to his advantage and Americas advantage.
I wish someone would look into these anomalies for the good of our country.

Do you know what is required where you live, to REGISTER to vote? Is only a utility bill considered as
proper documentation when one registers?

--hide--

It's irrelevant now. Every state except Florida has already certified their respective vote totals. At this point they're considered official and cannot be altered regardless of what any investigation will turn-up.

theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 31