Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Let's not forget we faught a civil war 150 years ago that among other things decided ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Let's not forget we faught a civil war 150 years ago that among other things decided that States cannot secede from the Union.

--hide--
I am allowed to dream.

Nov 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: I am allowed to dream.
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

I am allowed to dream.

--hide--

Yes you are allowed to dream.

Would it not have been nice if fewer wacky liberals had stopped dreaming for the election and faced reality?

Nov 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: A petition to the federal government to secede is mostly just a symbolic gesture. The king wil...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

A petition to the federal government to secede is mostly just a symbolic gesture. The king will never approve of such an action. As a practical matter, any attempt at secession will be initiated and carried out by that individual state and that individual state alone, without cooperation from the regime.
--hide--

It's entirely a symbolic gesture. Even if Obama thought it was a wonderful idea, a petition on a White House web page has no legal significance whatsoever.

Nov 15th 2012 new

Won't happen in my state, the "Peoples Republic of Maryland."

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Won't happen in my state, the "Peoples Republic of Maryland."
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Won't happen in my state, the "Peoples Republic of Maryland."

--hide--
People's, sorry.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Texas is at 94k. Go Texas.www.youtube.com
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Texas is at 94k. Go Texas.

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Texas at a 112,000 plus now. Wonder what it will look like a month from now?

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-137949 said: Texas at a 112,000 plus now. Wonder what it will look like a month from now?
(Quote) Richard-137949 said:

--hide--

Wow! Go Texasclap

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:Wow! Go Texas
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:
Wow! Go Texas

--hide--

All 51 states -- oops that's Obummer's America, I had beeter start again.

All 50, states are now represented by a petition signed by at least 25,000 signitures. That includes everyone of the Blue States.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-137949 said: Texas at a 112,000 plus now. Wonder what it will look like a month from now?
(Quote) Richard-137949 said:

--hide--

Hmmm...I wonder how many of those people actually live in Texas. You can put your names on those petitions even for states you don't live in. According to this: www.unc.edu

Since Sunday, "the average signer has signed more than two petitions."

Besides, if being a sore loser in a presidential campaign were a reason, you wouldn't think Texas would be one to go. Romney got 57% of the vote in Texas, but he got 73% in Utah. And over 65% in Wyoming and Oklahoma. Those are the states you would think would leave. I bet Texas has more in common with the rest of the US than Utah does.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Hmmm...I wonder how many of those people actually live in Texas. You can put yo...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Hmmm...I wonder how many of those people actually live in Texas. You can put your names on those petitions even for states you don't live in. According to this: www.unc.edu

Since Sunday, "the average signer has signed more than two petitions."

Besides, if being a sore loser in a presidential campaign were a reason, you wouldn't think Texas would be one to go. Romney got 57% of the vote in Texas, but he got 73% in Utah. And over 65% in Wyoming and Oklahoma. Those are the states you would think would leave. I bet Texas has more in common with the rest of the US than Utah does.

--hide--
I would guess that these petitions are common after every election. People will always be bummed out by whichever party wins, so I guess we will remain the United States for a long time...... which in all reality is a good thing.

Posts 21 - 30 of 34