Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Is there an age difference - 15 or 20 years in which neither a woman or man can initiate corres...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Is there an age difference - 15 or 20 years in which neither a woman or man can initiate correspondence with the other? (I seem to have seen reference to this in the forums). Also, is there an age difference in which someone cannot view the other's profiles? I ask this because I am getting viewed by really inappropriate age men lately (77-78) and it is starting to "creep" me out to use the colloquial term. Is there any way to delete these or any other profile for that matter from the Viewed list so I don't have to continue to see these profiles for a couple days on my home page (until they get buried).

--hide--

Everyone is entitled to their preference. If someone outside your age range of interest browses you, do the same thing you do when anyone else you're not interested in browses you: ignore them. Seems simple enough -- why the need for the histrionics?

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Everyone is entitled to their preference. If someone outside your age range of interest browses yo...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Everyone is entitled to their preference. If someone outside your age range of interest browses you, do the same thing you do when anyone else you're not interested in browses you: ignore them. Seems simple enough -- why the need for the histrionics?

--hide--

The question about the histrionics is not directed solely to the poster of this topic. Almost every time this question comes up someone mentions how "creeped out" they get being browsed by someone older...

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Everyone is entitled to their preference. If someone outside your age range of interest b...

--hide--

Jerry, stating how I feel about it fairly objectively does not amount to histrionics. I have never posted anhything about this before. And, I don't appreciate being accused of histrionics. I've never been a hysterical person. I would suggest that you should not accuse people of histrionics for stating somthing of concern in one sentence. If I had done this repeatedly or gone on about it ad infinitum that would be a different matter. So, I take exception to your last sentence " --- why the need for histrionics". I've never seen you say anything like this to a CM gentleman - but that is actually irrelevant, there is no reason to say this here.

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Everyone is entitled to their preference. If someone outside your age range of interest b...

--hide--

Jerry, I would suggest you look up the definition of histrionics in the dictionary. I did. Merriam-Webster states that histrionics is: 1) a theatrical performance or 2) deliberate display of emotion for effect. Neither one of those applies here. I rest my case.

Nov 15th 2012 new

--hide--

And, last but not least, you might want to consider an apology to anyone you have wrongfully accused of histrionics.

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Anybody of any age can VIEW you.. If it's only a view, just ignore it.. But a per...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Anybody of any age can VIEW you.. If it's only a view, just ignore it.. But a person cannot initiate contact you if they are more than 50% older.. But younger there is no age limit.. So, I can be contacted by younger men of any age, but if they are younger than 30 I cannot initiate contact with them.. If they write me first I can write them back however.. Someone would have to be over 120 to fall outside the age parameter for you or I, so somehow I don't think that's gonna happen.

--hide--
I thought this was changed, Donna. There are many times when sending a message to someone quite a bit younger is appropriate. In particular, prayer requests which include private remarks, birthday greetings, and general support.

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, I agree with you! I'm not interested in viewing profiles of men in their ...

Actually, I agree with you! I'm not interested in viewing profiles of men in their 30's or 40's. I'm not interested in being somebody's mother, although when someone did ask me for advice, I did offer it. I think an appropriate age for me would be 55-65 - (57-63 would likely be even better). Truly why would any guy in his 30's or 40's be looking at a profile of a woman who is 61!

--hide--

Girl I had a 29 YO. A TWENTY-NINE YEAR OLD. Not only look at my profile, but hit me for a chat! I thought he was going to make a comment about the thread I started. I told him he was darling (which he was) but he was way too young. and yes, I've had more than my share of "older" viewers and contact.

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, I agree with you! I'm not interested in viewing profiles of men in their ...

Actually, I agree with you! I'm not interested in viewing profiles of men in their 30's or 40's. I'm not interested in being somebody's mother, although when someone did ask me for advice, I did offer it. I think an appropriate age for me would be 55-65 - (57-63 would likely be even better). Truly why would any guy in his 30's or 40's be looking at a profile of a woman who is 61!

--hide--

Patricia, take it as a compliment! clap I discovered the other emoticons finally!

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Girl I had a 29 YO. A TWENTY-NINE YEAR OLD. Not only look at my profile, b...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Girl I had a 29 YO. A TWENTY-NINE YEAR OLD. Not only look at my profile, but hit me for a chat! I thought he was going to make a comment about the thread I started. I told him he was darling (which he was) but he was way too young. and yes, I've had more than my share of "older" viewers and contact.

--hide--

I chatted with a 21 year old yesterday back and forth for a while about music. Nice kid who said and this is where he inserted the knife "that he related better to older women because of his tastes in music.." Lol ouch! I had no problem talking to him like I would have if I'd been at a party. Ladies, seriously, we should just enjoy it. fez

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: I chatted with a 21 year old yesterday back and forth for a while about music. Nice kid...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

I chatted with a 21 year old yesterday back and forth for a while about music. Nice kid who said and this is where he inserted the knife "that he related better to older women because of his tastes in music.." Lol ouch! I had no problem talking to him like I would have if I'd been at a party. Ladies, seriously, we should just enjoy it.

--hide--

Younger might be enjoyable, but when you're my age and you see a bunch of men viewing you who look older than your grandfather, you might change your mind about this! faint

Posts 11 - 20 of 49