Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hello Everyone,

Obviously I've never posted in the forums and I want to thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I was wondering, what does anyone think about asking the recipient of a message for feedback in regards to ways the sender can improve his or her profile if the recipient is not interested in either forming a friendship or considering the possibility of starting on the path to a romantic relationship? Obviously the feedback may not be recieved well and spark a not so nice response. I just think the feedback might help the sender to improve his or her profile.

Blessings!

11/15/2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-606631 said: Hello Everyone,Obviously I've never posted in the forums and I want to thank you for ...
(Quote) Jenny-606631 said:

Hello Everyone,

Obviously I've never posted in the forums and I want to thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I was wondering, what does anyone think about asking the recipient of a message for feedback in regards to ways the sender can improve his or her profile if the recipient is not interested in either forming a friendship or considering the possibility of starting on the path to a romantic relationship? Obviously the feedback may not be recieved well and spark a not so nice response. I just think the feedback might help the sender to improve his or her profile.

Blessings!

--hide--

Hi Jenny and welcome to the forum, you will meet a lot of nice people here so post often!

I know that we women have posted similar questions in the women's forum where we can receive helpful, honest opinions and feedback. I view the woman's forum as a safe place. There can be a lot of discussion that ensues that is always beneficial for all of us. So if you want to do that, I will meet you there.

The only thing about asking men for feed back is that they all have different views on what they see as a positive or negative and it may not help in the long run. Just my opinion.

Joanna

11/15/2012 new

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for responding. I see what you are saying about different men having different views. I know I will never please everyone. Thanks for the information regarding the woman's forum. It sounds interesting!

11/15/2012 new

Sorry Joanna I forgot to state that meeting you in the womans' forum sounds good. I've been on and off the site tonight. I just checked out the womans' forum and evidently there are many threads. Guess I'll see you there eventually...

11/15/2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-606631 said: Hello Everyone,Obviously I've never posted in the forums and I want to thank you for ...

Hello Everyone,

Blessings!

--hide--

If I were asked for that feedback then I would give it. The stuff that I knew might be due to my own tastes I would label as such. The stuff that is likely common to many men I would similarly label. I have no idea what any given man would say if you asked that of him if he did not reply to your e-mail. Most of the time I don't think you would get an answer.

11/15/2012 new

Hello Everyone,

Blessings!

--hide--

I tried this just one time and he slapped me back with the 'canned' not interested message. I won't ask that again..

11/15/2012 new

Yes I see your point. I was also thinking that if perhaps the recipient does not find the sender attractive then I'm assuming most good natured people wouldn't state so and they may think that it would just be better not to respond at all than to potentially hurt someone's feelings.

11/15/2012 new

Hello Everyone,

Blessings!

--hide--
Greetings, Jenny -- Welcome to the CM forums. You'll find this is a good place to be to share wisdom, knowledge and experiences. One of the first things you'll learn is that everyone things differently. While that might seem overwhelming or confusing, it's really a blessing because it displays the fact that we're all unique. It sure beats cookie-cutter boredom.

As far as your questions goes, other people have tried it in a sincere effort to put their best selves' forth. The responses so far have been interesting. Everyone has a different take on this.

My thoughts? It never hurts to ask. The worst that can happen is that you get no-response, or a seemingly not-so-friendly "not interested". If you ask a few people, you might see a pattern to their responses and that could be helpful.

You don't want others to put words in your mouth -- a profile should reflect your true, inner self. That's what people look for. There's no harm in "tidying up" a profile though -- tweaking it a little. It doesn't have to be eloquent, or witty -- just something simply written that won't scare people away. Keep in mind that you are asking strangers -- friendly strangers, yes, but they don't really know you so they might not be extremely helpful. Don't be discouraged by that because they can at least offer some perspective and possible suggestions.

"To thine own self be true."

11/15/2012 new

Thanks Ray for the welcome, your perspective and wonderful words of wisdom.

11/15/2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-606631 said: Thanks Ray for the welcome, your perspective and wonderful words of wisdom.

Thanks Ray for the welcome, your perspective and wonderful words of wisdom.

--hide--
Jenny,

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask your question but I would not be surprised if you did not receive a lot of answers. Everyone is different and as long as you don't mind hearing what others have to say try asking. Just a thought but if you ask someone who is not a full member can they read your message and respond?

Posts 1 - 10 of 16