Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 15th 2012 new

I am generally frustrated with this site. It appears that many of the men in my age group are very far away. I have been on other sites that have the same issues but the only place I feel validated is in the chat rooms because everyone is THERE. My subscription ends tonight so this might be my last comment for awhile.

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: What then should a proper introductory note be?
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

What then should a proper introductory note be?

--hide--

In my opinion, it would be proper to start out with an emotigram and enter a comment about one of the pictures on her profile. For example: You see a picture of her on a sail boat. You could say something about your experience with sailing (alot, some or none) or that you like being near the water too.

Not that it's worked for me... rolling eyes

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanne-846477 said: In my opinion, it would be proper to start out with an emotigram and enter a comment abo...
(Quote) Joanne-846477 said:

In my opinion, it would be proper to start out with an emotigram and enter a comment about one of the pictures on her profile. For example: You see a picture of her on a sail boat. You could say something about your experience with sailing (alot, some or none) or that you like being near the water too.

Not that it's worked for me...

--hide--
Thanks. So I was doing it right all along. Unfortunately, Lady Luck hasn't been on my side as of yet.

Nov 15th 2012 new

Most of us are going through the same thing. I don't know if females get more messages than males, but that is what I have been told about on-line dating sites. I get frustrated when I don't get a response, but I still keep trying. Hang in there.

Nov 15th 2012 new
Thanks. Here's a good video summarizing what Eastern Catholics are. www.youtube.com
Nov 16th 2012 new

Hi John, I just figured out that you had sent a response to my post. (I haven't been on this site for long.) I, personally, know what an "Eastern Catholic" is and was merely suggesting as a reach to your post about "getting responses" that maybe it was something women questioned, but I also said I didn't think it could be a "deal breaker".

Anyway, I just now saw your new post and I feel like my comment has planted a seed of doubt in your mind. So what I'm trying to do, in a blundering way, is apologize. The last thing any of us needs are more "theories" as to why people don't respond to us.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: Hi John, I just figured out that you had sent a response to my post. (I haven't been on this...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

Hi John, I just figured out that you had sent a response to my post. (I haven't been on this site for long.) I, personally, know what an "Eastern Catholic" is and was merely suggesting as a reach to your post about "getting responses" that maybe it was something women questioned, but I also said I didn't think it could be a "deal breaker".

Anyway, I just now saw your new post and I feel like my comment has planted a seed of doubt in your mind. So what I'm trying to do, in a blundering way, is apologize. The last thing any of us needs are more "theories" as to why people don't respond to us.

--hide--

You're here 2 weeks and you're already starting trouble! mischievous

Congratulations... you fit right in with the rest of us! tongue laughing

theheart

Nov 16th 2012 new
I don't know. Your profile looks fine to me.

I had the same problem with nobody responding to me for a while but then (seemingly for no reason) people started viewing my profile and some of them sent me emotigrams or responded to the ones I sent. I used to respond to all the emotigrams I sent but I haven't been now (yes, I guilty of this too) because I've started talking to someone on here that I'm kind of interested in and I'm hoping something good comes from it.

Hang in there and just keep trying to talk to these ladies. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. crossfingers biggrin
Nov 16th 2012 new

I know, I'm sorry. Genetic disorder.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: I know, I'm sorry. Genetic disorder.
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

I know, I'm sorry. Genetic disorder.

--hide--

You fit in better and better with every post! eyepopping

hug

theheart

Posts 21 - 30 of 30