Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 16th 2012 new

I have 93 pounds since January 2011. I tried to avoid photographs before I lost weight, but if I come across any I can put on the computer I will. I also give a pat on the back to all who have lost weight because I know it is not easy. I am trying to maintain my weight of 188 lbs, and I just finished two hours of Spinning Class. Good job everybody.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: Ok, so I've lost thirty pounds. I had a friend help me take some newer pictures bit I still...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:

Ok, so I've lost thirty pounds. I had a friend help me take some newer pictures bit I still dont like the pictures. Dagnabbit! Some of them are blury. A couple of them were outside and my hair is blowing in funny ways.... and NO! I dont look like a super model with the fans blowing my hair in all the fun exciting ways either ha ha ha It is hard to take pictures of yourself. I have been trying to get help from my daughter but my kids schedules seem to be all over the map. Oh well, you will all have to just suffer for nmow with my picture as is. Anybody have picture issues that they would like to share?

--hide--

Congratulations! Please share how you accomplished this!

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Ok, Loretta... I'm game. For one day only (drum roll, please! ), my original ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Ok, Loretta... I'm game.

For one day only (drum roll, please! ), my original CM profile pic (circa Jan., 2010)...

i1125.photobucket.com

That's quite a difference, Victor. I like both versions of you. My only critique is your lack of smiles. I bet you are even more handsome when you smile.

--hide--

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Ok, Loretta... I'm game. For one day only (drum roll, please! ), my ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Ok, Loretta... I'm game.

For one day only (drum roll, please! ), my original CM profile pic (circa Jan., 2010)...

i1125.photobucket.com

--hide--
Ooohhh Vic, you handsome devil, you! Although there was more of you to hold back then, your new "mature bearded look" is Devine! wink

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Ooohhh Vic, you handsome devil, you! Although there was more of you to hold back then, your new...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Ooohhh Vic, you handsome devil, you! Although there was more of you to hold back then, your new "mature bearded look" is Devine!

--hide--

Oh, please! crazy

theheart

Nov 16th 2012 new

You guys are all inspirational.

I've felt like a bit of a stalker reading through the forums, but this one hits home with me too. I've struggled with my body image all my life and seeing your stories gives me hope biggrin

theheart

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: That is so awesome. I congratulate all of you for your efforts. I have struggled with my weight s...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

That is so awesome. I congratulate all of you for your efforts. I have struggled with my weight since the 4th grade. Up, down, up again. NOW menopause is here and it is kicking my body in all different directions. I used to get upset about it and it had kept my self esteem pretty low sometimes but I am working on not letting it define who I am. Besides, with a heart as big as mine it needs a bigger vessel. I do have thyroid issues but the meds are supposed to take care of that. I do my best to eat right and I go to Curves so I don't know what else to do except accept that this is the way the good Lord made me and take comfort in knowing that He is preparing someone, somewhere who will love me regardless. Until then I really do appreciate knowing I am not alone and would welcome any encouragement for anyone who knows what it's like to struggle, and I can offer the same in return.

--hide--
I can totally relate to what you're saying, Donna!

I was a runner for many years, and very physically fit. Then along came menopause, followed by widowhood and depression, and voila`-- much more of me to love these days! I'm still quite active (though not with the intensity I used to have because of time constraints), and eat well. I do have a metabolic disorder, though (PCOD), and so the weight is tough to shed.

Like you, I firmly believe that God will provide the person who will love me for me--in fact, my Shrek and Princess Fiona post pretty well sums it all up!

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: That's pretty good. Do you want to share how you did it? Did you have to give up chocolate, piz...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

That's pretty good. Do you want to share how you did it? Did you have to give up chocolate, pizza and ice cream?

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing Mother's milk for you, huh Ray?!

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-907776 said: You guys are all inspirational.I've felt like a bit of a stalker reading through the ...
(Quote) Maria-907776 said:

I've felt like a bit of a stalker reading through the forums, but this one hits home with me too. I've struggled with my body image all my life and seeing your stories gives me hope

--hide--
wave Welcome to the Forum, Maria! Glad that you've come out from under the "lurking bag" paper bag and joined us! MNow that you've broken the seal, come back and post often and share your thoughts and faith with us! rose

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-907776 said: You guys are all inspirational.I've felt like a bit of a stalker reading through the ...
(Quote) Maria-907776 said:

I've felt like a bit of a stalker reading through the forums, but this one hits home with me too. I've struggled with my body image all my life and seeing your stories gives me hope

--hide--

Welcome Maria wave

Posts 11 - 20 of 78