Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 16th 2012 new
I don't mean to offend, but the Charismatic Mass is too Protestant for my tastes. But to each their own.
Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Madonna-819886 said: While you are educating them on the different rites of the Catholic church that are al...
(Quote) Madonna-819886 said:

While you are educating them on the different rites of the Catholic church that are allowed under the authority of the Magisterium, you might want to look into educating yourself on the Spirit filled Catholic Charismatic Mass that sings the praises of God. They sing TO Jesus and not just about Jesus. kumbaya Lord, oh kumbaya!! (Someone's praying Lord, O be with us!)..........yeah, baby!!

--hide--
They have done and continue to do a fantastic job to bring people fully into the Church or even conversions from other faiths.They encourage their members to say the Rosary,go to Adoration,follow the Catechism of the Catholic Church and to serve within the Church.

Thank God for his Holy Spirit which we all received at baptism ,working through the Catholic Charistmatic Movement.May God continue to bless their work.

Many parts one beautiful Holy Catholic Church. pope

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Madonna-819886 said: While you are educating them on the different rites of the Catholic church that are al...
(Quote) Madonna-819886 said:

While you are educating them on the different rites of the Catholic church that are allowed under the authority of the Magisterium, you might want to look into educating yourself on the Spirit filled Catholic Charismatic Mass that sings the praises of God. They sing TO Jesus and not just about Jesus. kumbaya Lord, oh kumbaya!! (Someone's praying Lord, O be with us!)..........yeah, baby!!

--hide--
I would hope the Catholic version leaves out the incoherent babbling (speaking in tongues) nonsense which is a component of the protestant version. I have a Catholic charismatic friend in Florida- I'll have to ask her. I know the Church in much of South America has had to implement Charismatic Masses to compete with the protestant version, because they are losing Mass attendance to them.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I would hope the Catholic version leaves out the incoherent babbling (speaking in tongues) nonsen...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I would hope the Catholic version leaves out the incoherent babbling (speaking in tongues) nonsense which is a component of the protestant version. I have a Catholic charismatic friend in Florida- I'll have to ask her. I know the Church in much of South America has had to implement Charismatic Masses to compete with the protestant version, because they are losing Mass attendance to them.

--hide--
This is getting away from the original topic (excuse us, John)....but that "babbling" you refer to (speaking in tongues) is, according to Catholic teaching, a gift of the Holy Spirit.

Scripture Catholic - THE SECOND COMINGwww.scripturecatholic.com/tongues.html

If the link works directly, you can read an explanation, and see several biblical references to this gift. While it may seem strange (mainly because a lot of people haven't seen it), it's a powerful connection with the Spirit.

You can't go wrong with that.....

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: As an Eastern Catholic guy I seem to frequently encounter misunderstandings from Western Catholic women w...
(Quote) John-220051 said: As an Eastern Catholic guy I seem to frequently encounter misunderstandings from Western Catholic women when it comes to my rite, which is 100 percent Catholic. We have the same Pope and the same faith. It's just expressed slightly differently.

How should I approach that with Roman Catholic women I date?
--hide--

Just going to go on a wild tangent here... don't forget to inform any potential spouse that liturgical law makes the stipulation that she formally switch to the rite of her husband.

Nov 16th 2012 new

http://www.scripturecatholic.com

(Trying the link again.....)

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I don't mean to offend, but the Charismatic Mass is too Protestant for my tastes. But to each their o...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I don't mean to offend, but the Charismatic Mass is too Protestant for my tastes. But to each their own.
--hide--

No offence taken. I know all too well what you are saying... it actually makes me physically ill. I still attend them anyway as I don't have much choice. Due to backlash, liturgically things have gotten a lot more hippie-dippie since the improved translation finally made it's way down the pipe.

Nov 16th 2012 new

For the last time.....

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/tongues.html

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) James-404829 said: Just going to go on a wild tangent here... don't forget to inform any potenti...
(Quote) James-404829 said:

Just going to go on a wild tangent here... don't forget to inform any potential spouse that liturgical law makes the stipulation that she formally switch to the rite of her husband.

--hide--
Sorry, James, but this isn't correct. A person of any recognized Catholic rite may continue in that rite. Typically, it was the Roman Rite that would attempt "latinization" (forcing an Eastern Cathoic to conform to practices of the Roman Rite); however, this is absolutely improper to do so. In fact, there are efforts made to do just the opposite -- preserve the different rites.

If you google "FAQ on Eastern Catholicism", you should find your resolution there.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: This is getting away from the original topic (excuse us, John)....but that "babbling" you...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

This is getting away from the original topic (excuse us, John)....but that "babbling" you refer to (speaking in tongues) is, according to Catholic teaching, a gift of the Holy Spirit.

Scripture Catholic - THE SECOND COMINGwww.scripturecatholic.com/tongues.html

If the link works directly, you can read an explanation, and see several biblical references to this gift. While it may seem strange (mainly because a lot of people haven't seen it), it's a powerful connection with the Spirit.

You can't go wrong with that.....

--hide--
Apologies for wandering off topic Ray and John, and meant no offense.

Posts 21 - 30 of 58