Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: Ok, so I've lost thirty pounds. I had a friend help me take some newer pictures bit I still...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:

Ok, so I've lost thirty pounds. I had a friend help me take some newer pictures bit I still dont like the pictures. Dagnabbit! Some of them are blury. A couple of them were outside and my hair is blowing in funny ways.... and NO! I dont look like a super model with the fans blowing my hair in all the fun exciting ways either ha ha ha It is hard to take pictures of yourself. I have been trying to get help from my daughter but my kids schedules seem to be all over the map. Oh well, you will all have to just suffer for nmow with my picture as is. Anybody have picture issues that they would like to share?

--hide--

Yay! Good for you, Loretta ... what an accomplishment! :clap :clap :clap Wolf Whistle hyper hyper hyper

And post some new pics when you can ... there's no hurry! smile wave

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: (Quote) Loretta-678584 said: Ok, so I've lost thirty pounds. I had ...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Loretta-678584 said:

Ok, so I've lost thirty pounds. I had a friend help me take some newer pictures bit I still dont like the pictures. Dagnabbit! Some of them are blury. A couple of them were outside and my hair is blowing in funny ways.... and NO! I dont look like a super model with the fans blowing my hair in all the fun exciting ways either ha ha ha It is hard to take pictures of yourself. I have been trying to get help from my daughter but my kids schedules seem to be all over the map. Oh well, you will all have to just suffer for nmow with my picture as is. Anybody have picture issues that they would like to share?

Yay! Good for you, Loretta ... what an accomplishment! :clap :clap :clap

And post some new pics when you can ... there's no hurry!

--hide--

oooooooooooopppppppppsssssssssssssss ... forgot some punctuation clap clap clap

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: Thanks for the thumbs up folks but I was hoping to generate some discussion about loosing weigh...

Thanks for the thumbs up folks but I was hoping to generate some discussion about loosing weight or pictures before and after... Anyone have anything they would like to share?

--hide--

I wouldn't mess with the before AND after pics ... just post current ones ... the new you! rose rose rose

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: (Quote) Ray-566531 said: That's pretty good. Do you want to share ho...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Quote:
Ray-566531 said:

That's pretty good. Do you want to share how you did it? Did you have to give up chocolate, pizza and ice cream?

Mother's milk for you, huh Ray?!

--hide--

Can't give up chocolate, especially dark chocolate sad hissyfit hissyfit hissyfit hissyfit hissyfit

laughing laughing laughing

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: Ok, so I've lost thirty pounds. I had a friend help me take some newer pictures bit I still...

--hide--
CONGRATULATIONS Loretta !!! on all your hard work ! You look lovely !!! rose You get a Gold Star! clap Battling eyelashes princess

God bless,
Sheila wave

Nov 16th 2012 new

--hide--
Congratulations! What's your secret? I still am 20 pounds over my ideal body weight and it's such a pain to shed it.

Nov 16th 2012 new

Congrats. Loretta, you look marvelous!!! Keep up the good work.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: Congrats!!! Losing weight feels AWESOME!! I lost about 25 pounds in '11 and h...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

Congrats!!! Losing weight feels AWESOME!!

I lost about 25 pounds in '11 and have been pretty good at keeping it off. It showed in my pictures, maybe some of my CM picture will show it, not sure. (my newest is my profile picture) I'm aiming to lose 10 more pounds by New Years as my Pre-New Years Resolution, and hopefully 15-20 more after that.

BTW: Some camera tricks. If you use a digital camera, most have a self timer. When I take my pictures I like to use that option. I'll sit the camera on a desk, dresser, or something that'll be high enough, and then I sit or stand to take the pic. I'm a perfectionist so I end up taking about 20 (litterally) before I find 1 or 2 I'm happy with.

Another trick is instead of the dreaded 'mirror shot' where you aim the camera at the mirror and take a snap, have a cute set-up behind you, or something bland (nothing that screams and takes the attention away from you) and just hold the camera at arms length to take a few pictures. That's how I did my profile picture. (I do have an advantage though, my camera has a front view option)

--hide--
WOW Congratulations! 25 lbs is great! God really does want us to be healthy. You know, take care of the temple. My mom had alot of health issues and so have some of her family. I am hoping that in monitoring my wieight that I will stave off alot of those issues. So far so good. Thank you God!

I do have a digital camera. I just need to get more adept at using it. You have offered some great suggestions thanks. Unfortunately mine doesnt have a front view option but oh well, I will just roll with it...lol My photo surely does need to be updated to reflect the wonderful healthier looking me! I soooo deserve some newer pictures lol

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Congratulations, Loretta! I don't have any picture issues, per se, e...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Congratulations, Loretta!

I don't have any picture issues, per se, except for the fact that I'm in them!

In all seriousness, anyone who has known me since I first joined this site 3 years ago would be able to testify just how greatly my look has changed throughout the course of my weight loss.

Great job, Loretta! Now... if we could just get you to share a FB story or two...

--hide--
Victor you are handsome guy. Well at least I think so. Don't run yourself down. Thanks for the congrats. You obviously deserve congrats as well in your weight loss. Health is where its at isn't it? Darn cheese puffs or Mt Dew! Curses to them....lol Anyway, FB is just more of the great me that I am....little tidbits here and there. I'm sanguine... what can I say, I like to share...lol

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: No picture issues, but I wanted to give you a pat on the back. Good Job!!!
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

No picture issues, but I wanted to give you a pat on the back. Good Job!!!

--hide--
Thanks Daniel.... I will take it! laughing tongue

Posts 31 - 40 of 78