Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 17th 2012 new

[quote]Victor-544727 said:

Ok, Loretta... I'm game.

For one day only (drum roll, please! ), my original CM profile pic (circa Jan., 2010)...

i1125.photobucket.com MARVELOUS DARLING.... YOU LOOK MARVELOUS! www.youtube.com I couldn't resist

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: That is so awesome. I congratulate all of you for your efforts. I have struggled with my weight s...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

That is so awesome. I congratulate all of you for your efforts. I have struggled with my weight since the 4th grade. Up, down, up again. NOW menopause is here and it is kicking my body in all different directions. I used to get upset about it and it had kept my self esteem pretty low sometimes but I am working on not letting it define who I am. Besides, with a heart as big as mine it needs a bigger vessel. I do have thyroid issues but the meds are supposed to take care of that. I do my best to eat right and I go to Curves so I don't know what else to do except accept that this is the way the good Lord made me and take comfort in knowing that He is preparing someone, somewhere who will love me regardless. Until then I really do appreciate knowing I am not alone and would welcome any encouragement for anyone who knows what it's like to struggle, and I can offer the same in return.

--hide--
I keeping hearing that menopause makes weightloss more challenging. I guess itis good that I have started taking care of the weight before that comes roaring through...lol When I was young I never had to pay attention to what I ate. Once I had kids I had to work on it. I didnt have a clue how so ultimately I ended up at weight watchers. Thankfully, after my kids were born I was able to get back to my pre baby weight. At 47 it doesn't make sense in my mind or my Doctors mind for me to be that thin. The goal that we have discussed is in the middle of the weight watcher recommendation for me. I am happier over all and am especially glad that it will assist me in maintaining my health over all. The thyroid thing certainly can play a factor and it is good that you are addressing that. I love his part: Besides, with a heart as big as mine it needs a bigger vessel. Amen sister! I try to be active. I don't really watch tv. I can't say that I go to a gym though. I like to walk, swim, and play in sporting events(let's not confuse that with skill in them lol) so fantastic for you to be going to Curves! The whole finding my match thing...is somethig I want. Obviously I'm on a site but.... I just have an outlook that is relying on God so much more than myself to deal with that. I am just tryong to work on me, my life, and live as joyful a life as I can. You are a pretty lady and when God is ready He knows right where we are and whom (?) to place in our path. God bless you Donna! Keep up the great work

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: That's pretty good. Do you want to share how you did it? Did you have to give up chocolate, piz...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

That's pretty good. Do you want to share how you did it? Did you have to give up chocolate, pizza and ice cream?

--hide--
Ray, I'm not giving up a darn thing! I like food! ha ha ha I may not be able to have everything I want at any given point but what I can't have today, I can plan for tomorrow! I have been following the weightwatchers points system. I haven't been going to the meetings, just monitoring what I eat, portions size, and weighing myself regularly. I know alot of people don't like to see the scale as often as I do but I find that it really helps me stay focused if I weigh in more often. I eat alot of veggies.... HEY! THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH no points on WW so.... I eat'em up! I like them anyway. The real truth is... when I have dieted, I actually eat more food but I am eating more of the healthier stuff. So bring on the Ben and Jerrys Icecream, the pizza, and the chocolate! Everything in moderation is the way to go!

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Brendan-824174 said: I have 93 pounds since January 2011. I tried to avoid photographs before I lost weight, but if ...
(Quote) Brendan-824174 said:

I have 93 pounds since January 2011. I tried to avoid photographs before I lost weight, but if I come across any I can put on the computer I will. I also give a pat on the back to all who have lost weight because I know it is not easy. I am trying to maintain my weight of 188 lbs, and I just finished two hours of Spinning Class. Good job everybody.

--hide--
WOW Brendan that is fantsstic!!!! Congratulations! Can you tell a difference in how you feal in regard to you health? Spinning class huh? what other kinds of exercise have you done to achieve such an awesome goal?

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Congratulations! Please share how you accomplished this!
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Congratulations! Please share how you accomplished this!

--hide--
Lots of veggies, weight watchers points, lots of positive self talk, getting my head into the reality about my future health if I didn't choose to do something different before it was too late. I had to have my head in the right place before I started...that was the longest part of all of it. Once I got started and saw each tiny pound or half a pound fall away that was enough otivation to keep me going.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Oh, please!
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Oh, please!

--hide--
DUDE! The proper response is.... Thank you. You have achieved alot and deserve the pat on the back as much as anyone.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-907776 said: You guys are all inspirational.I've felt like a bit of a stalker reading through the ...
(Quote) Maria-907776 said:

You guys are all inspirational.

I've felt like a bit of a stalker reading through the forums, but this one hits home with me too. I've struggled with my body image all my life and seeing your stories gives me hope

--hide--
HOPE is a great seed to start with for any gift that God has in store for us! God bless YOU Maria!!!! You are beautiful in God's site and I know that there are men of all kinds and we just have to stay open to see who God has cross our path. If as women we aim at keeping our eyes on God then God will prepare us for what He knows is coming in our direction. God bless YOU

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: I can totally relate to what you're saying, Donna!I was a runner for many years, an...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

I can totally relate to what you're saying, Donna!

I was a runner for many years, and very physically fit. Then along came menopause, followed by widowhood and depression, and voila`-- much more of me to love these days! I'm still quite active (though not with the intensity I used to have because of time constraints), and eat well. I do have a metabolic disorder, though (PCOD), and so the weight is tough to shed.

Like you, I firmly believe that God will provide the person who will love me for me--in fact, my Shrek and Princess Fiona post pretty well sums it all up!

--hide--
Huh,,,I've never heard of PCOD. I see people running and I think to myself... I wish I liked to run! I wonder how they start in the first place and they are always thin! Darn them ha ha ha I mean I don't have a problem running in a game situation but to run just to run... I've never figured out. At least not yet. Who knows what the fututre holds. God is bigger than any of us. All we have to do is stay open and let Him work in our lives, try to become all that He intended for us to be, and pray pray pray. God bles you Beverly

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: OK -- who broke the seal??? Call 911 to report cruelty to animals....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

OK -- who broke the seal??? Call 911 to report cruelty to animals....

--hide--
ha ha ha very funny

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Congrats Loretta! Keep it up and do those exercises. They go hand in hand.
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Congrats Loretta! Keep it up and do those exercises. They go hand in hand.

--hide--
YES...THIS IS PART TWO OF MY GOAL. I just need the right kind of help. AGain, I have to get my head in the right place but I am sure that I will figure it out when the time is just right! Thanks Eileen

Posts 41 - 50 of 78