Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: My weekend for the children so Im not alone this friday!!!!
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: My weekend for the children so Im not alone this friday!!!!
--hide--
Enjoy it

Nov 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: My ex has cable TV at his home, so my son gets to enjoy "A Christmas Story" on TBS when he's over ...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

My ex has cable TV at his home, so my son gets to enjoy "A Christmas Story" on TBS when he's over there on Christmas Day. We rented it once and we still remember lines from it too ("fra-jeel-ay!") and have fun. And he loves it when I cry at "A Charlie Brown Christmas".
I know I'm only mentioning secular movies. We know the reason for the season; we talk a lot about that event.

--hide--

My sons favorite was The Drummer boy and a Charlie Brown Christmas. Then there was a little book on the tree about a woodcarver making a nativity, I found when he was five and the donkey in the Christmas play...read the book every year and watched the same specials every year. Went so far as to make the home VCR tape of favorites. Those are some of my favorite Christmas memories. What makes Christmad special is the love....and time spent with those we care about.
Nov 17th 2012 new

Tim Home Alone is my favorite Christmas movie too !!! LOL

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Is there anyone else who sat at home alone tonight?????
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

Is there anyone else who sat at home alone tonight?????

--hide--

The kids were away. I went to a meeting, then came home to a silent empty house and read a book.

The divorce bar attracts the worst people and personalities. Many thrive on the negative emotions and profit by fannig those flames so they can get paid to put out the fires they start.

Please don't sink into bitterness and resentment because that is a terrible place to be. You'll never move to a better phase of your life if you remain mired in bitterness and anger over the past. If there's any way you and the ex can talk out your differences rather than pay lawyers to fight for you it would save a lot of heart ache and expense. If not, think about moving far away.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: And he loves it when I cry at "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

And he loves it when I cry at "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

--hide--

Our favorite line from that show is "I can see it now, three grapes" as Sally holds up her little stocking. We laugh every year.
I was home with teenagers. One with her nose in a book, the other on a feeding frenzy in front if the TV. Someone tell me, do fourteen year old boys ever get full?

I was exhausted from the week and caught up on emails.

Nov 17th 2012 new

Did a work out DVD, & then watched Star Wars III.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Just thought I would throw this out there so maybe those of us who had a date with the laundry di...

Just thought I would throw this out there so maybe those of us who had a date with the laundry didn't feel like we were the "only ones sitting home on a Friday night".

I was home tonight, alone. My evening consisted of getting a nasty letter through my attorney from my ex husband's attorney. I cried. Then I did laundry. Then I vacuumed. And now I am posting this to see what everyone else was up to.

--hide--

I've recently gotten an upgrade to my cable TV ... more channels ... and stumbled upon a Hallmark movie about Christmas ... flying reindeer with Richard Thomas as a college professor researching and teaching about flying squirrels; but then is given a book written by a 19th Century research botanist by one of Richard Thomas' students. The book and the botanist's research discusses reindeer which fly!!! It was too cute!

Had some popcorn handy along with an iced coffee with amaretto in it! Cheers! Cheers!

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Just thought I would throw this out there so maybe those of us who had a date with the laundry di...

Just thought I would throw this out there so maybe those of us who had a date with the laundry didn't feel like we were the "only ones sitting home on a Friday night".

I was home tonight, alone. My evening consisted of getting a nasty letter through my attorney from my ex husband's attorney. I cried. Then I did laundry. Then I vacuumed. And now I am posting this to see what everyone else was up to.

--hide--

"Frosty the Snowman" is on TV either tonight or tomorrow night ... so, during the holidays, there's never a loss for some fun entertainment while home alone, listening to the dulcet tones of the washer and dryer! laughing hug

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: My sons favorite was The Drummer boy and a Charlie Brown Christmas. Then there was a little book...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

My sons favorite was The Drummer boy and a Charlie Brown Christmas. Then there was a little book on the tree about a woodcarver making a nativity, I found when he was five and the donkey in the Christmas play...read the book every year and watched the same specials every year. Went so far as to make the home VCR tape of favorites. Those are some of my favorite Christmas memories. What makes Christmad special is the love....and time spent with those we care about.
--hide--

Me, too, Brenda ... "A Charlie Brown Christmas"! wreath xmastree They're too cute ... especially Linus, at the end, orating the words from Sacred Scripture about Our Lord's birth.

hug wave smile

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Christmas movies? I love Christmas movies! ....it's just a wee too early for them yet, for me....

Christmas movies? I love Christmas movies! ....it's just a wee too early for them yet, for me.... and I don't have cable TV, so I won't see too many of them next month. What ones are your favorites?

--hide--

Yes, Lina, I'm with you about Christmas movies ... The Hallmark Channel is running several weeks' worth of Christmas movies, so I'm all set!

Bring along the popcorn and drinks, and we're all set! fluffy Cheers!

Posts 21 - 30 of 64