Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Los Angeles

Nov 16th 2012 new

I will be in town for a week, anyone have suggestions on where to go?
I plan to get to the Huntington and Getty Museums, to USC, and possibly find the beach(Brrrr).

I will definitely go to see the fall daffodils and possibly look for monarch roost sites,

any suggestions?

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: I will be in town for a week, anyone have suggestions on where to go?I plan to get to the Hunt...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

I plan to get to the Huntington and Getty Museums, to USC, and possibly find the beach(Brrrr).

I will definitely go to see the fall daffodils and possibly look for monarch roost sites,

any suggestions?

--hide--

I lived in Redondo Beach for a few years, and sounds like you have some good ideas to start. Other thoughts (for Mass) are the new Cathedral (very modern, but still quite impressive) in downtown L.A. or one of the old (really old) Mission Churches (most of which have Mass on Sunday)- they are scattered all over L.A. and surrounding areas. The beach communities are fun - starting with Santa Monica (you can really walk around here and there are some great restaurants), then down to Manhattan Beach (just south of the airport) - quite wealthy area, Hermosa Beach - used to be a surfers beach, but has gotten more upscale, then Redondo Beach - much more upper middle class/suburban. If you have a car, you can go out to Temecula for wine-tasting (hmm, not great to drink an drive, but I don't know any other way to get there) or drive down to La Jolla which is an absolutely lovely upscale beach town. I haven't been back there since 2004 - it would be interesting to see how it might have changed. ENJOY!!!

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: I will be in town for a week, anyone have suggestions on where to go?I plan to get to the Hunt...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

any suggestions?

--hide--

If you go to LA, try to find the buildings designed by the architect Frank Gehry. They are very interesting
and unique. One is the Disney Concert Hall. The second is the Binocular Building. Frank Gehry pushes
the envelop as far as architecture goes. You would appreciate seeing his work. You see them in a lot
of films.

en.wikipedia.org

en.wikipedia.org

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:- it would be interesting to see how it might have changed. ENJOY!!!
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:- it would be interesting to see how it might have changed. ENJOY!!!

--hide--
Thakn you [Patricia, I was just there in 2010, and did not get out all that much- should be fun!

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: architect Frank Gehry.
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: architect Frank Gehry.

--hide--

Thank you Marianne, I will check them out
John

Posts 1 - 5 of 5