Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Time to fess up on that first date! We all probably had knocking knees and sweaty palms, but tell us a bit about your first date--you know, the first REAL DATE! (This could have been in high school to the Prom, a double date to the movies, dinner out, a picnic in the park, etc).

How old were you, and what did you do? Come on, spill all those embarrassing or endearing moments of first dating steps! wink embarassed shhh

Nov 17th 2012 new

I'll go first... wink rolling eyes

My first REAL date, I was almost 16 (my dad wouldn't let us girls date or wear lipstick til then), and the date was a double date for lunch at McDonald's, and then see Gone With The Wind.

His name was Jim, he was 17, and the other couple was Dan and Linda, from our church Youth Group (which is why Daddy let me go before 16..).

I was sooo nervous, that I drank all of the McD's soda, plus the one at the show, and since the movie was 3 hours long....I was swimming--if you know what I mean! I was sooo embarrassed to have to get up and leave to go to the bathroom :eep--not cool back then! He ended up being my first real boyfriend for almost 14 months!

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Time to fess up on that first date! We all probably had knocking knees and sweaty palms, but te...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Time to fess up on that first date! We all probably had knocking knees and sweaty palms, but tell us a bit about your first date--you know, the first REAL DATE! (This could have been in high school to the Prom, a double date to the movies, dinner out, a picnic in the park, etc).

How old were you, and what did you do? Come on, spill all those embarrassing or endearing moments of first dating steps!

--hide--
Beverly...I know I've brought this up before but I will again. It was "homecoming" in the 9th grade. A dance with a local "combo" (as they called them back then) was to follow. I had NO date as of the Monday before. My Mom knew of this and also knew a lady in the parish who had a daughter who went to the local "all girls" school down the road from my "all boys" school. Her daughter "C" had seen me at Mass and had indicated to HER mom she liked me. My Mom came up to me and said, "Whatcha gonna do about homecoming?" I said, "Nothing Mom...I'm gonna go to the game but not the dance. She said, I know a girl in the parish who has a slight crush on you and WILL go out with you" I was all ears now eyepopping I said, "Mom....she won't go out with me...she doesn't even know me" She said, "Yes she WILL...here is her number" I was like HUH? So while my Mom folded clothes around the corner I called the young lady. She answered the phone. I said, "Uh....C...uhmmm the homecoming game is this Friday...and I uhmmm... there is a dance afterward...uhmmmembarassed ...so I was wondering...would you..." and before i could finish, she said "I'll go"!! I thought "WOW!....this is easy asking someone out!" My Mom came around the corner and said "Told you...what time are you getting her? So Friday rolls around and after school I get a call from "C" I thought...."Oh No! here comes the big NO!" So "C" says..."Jerry...it's me....I don't think I can go." I said, "Well, how come?" She said, "I have this big pimple on the bridge of my nose" Instead of saying what I would now....."Oh don't worry about it it'll be okay"....I said "Well....uhmmm ha....how BIG is it?"laughing She said, "Well....maybe if I put more make up on...it will be okay" I was elated!! And we had a great time. Fast forward to 5 and one half years ago....and I saw her. She was divorced...and was visiting her mom at the same assisted living place my Dad was at! We all ate lunch together with a bunch of her Mom's friends...and my Dad. I recounted the story and the whole table was laughing...and "C" said, "I see you remember quite well" Then she laughed......

Nov 17th 2012 new

My first real date was when I was a 20 year old freshman in college. The 1st date was a movie, and real nice. HOWEVER, the second date which lead to that 1st kiss.... I was so excited that I walked across campus, went straight to my dorm, and threw up when I got there embarassed True story

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Beverly...I know I've brought this up before but I will again. It was "homecoming" ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Beverly...I know I've brought this up before but I will again. It was "homecoming" in the 9th grade. A dance with a local "combo" (as they called them back then) was to follow. I had NO date as of the Monday before. My Mom knew of this and also knew a lady in the parish who had a daughter who went to the local "all girls" school down the road from my "all boys" school. Her daughter "C" had seen me at Mass and had indicated to HER mom she liked me. My Mom came up to me and said, "Whatcha gonna do about homecoming?" I said, "Nothing Mom...I'm gonna go to the game but not the dance. She said, I know a girl in the parish who has a slight crush on you and WILL go out with you" I was all ears now I said, "Mom....she won't go out with me...she doesn't even know me" She said, "Yes she WILL...here is her number" I was like HUH? So while my Mom folded clothes around the corner I called the young lady. She answered the phone. I said, "Uh....C...uhmmm the homecoming game is this Friday...and I uhmmm... there is a dance afterward...uhmmm ...so I was wondering...would you..." and before i could finish, she said "I'll go"!! I thought "WOW!....this is easy asking someone out!" My Mom came around the corner and said "Told you...what time are you getting her? So Friday rolls around and after school I get a call from "C" I thought...."Oh No! here comes the big NO!" So "C" says..."Jerry...it's me....I don't think I can go." I said, "Well, how come?" She said, "I have this big pimple on the bridge of my nose" Instead of saying what I would now....."Oh don't worry about it it'll be okay"....I said "Well....uhmmm ha....how BIG is it?" She said, "Well....maybe if I put more make up on...it will be okay" I was elated!! And we had a great time. Fast forward to 5 and one half years ago....and I saw her. She was divorced...and was visiting her mom at the same assisted living place my Dad was at! We all ate lunch together with a bunch of her Mom's friends...and my Dad. I recounted the story and the whole table was laughing...and "C" said, "I see you remember quite well" Then she laughed......

--hide--
Ahh, Jerry, you were a lady-killer right from the get go! gangster lady's handkerchief faint

How great that you actually met up with each other years later and could share that moment in time! wink

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: My first real date was when I was a 20 year old freshman in college. The 1st date was a movie, a...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

My first real date was when I was a 20 year old freshman in college. The 1st date was a movie, and real nice. HOWEVER, the second date which lead to that 1st kiss.... I was so excited that I walked across campus, went straight to my dorm, and threw up when I got there True story

--hide--
And Dan, she probably went back to her dorm and broke out singing, "It's In His Kiss!" lovestruck! and proceded to talk ALL NIGHT to her roommate about it! wink

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: (Quote) Daniel-634934 said: My first real date was when I was a 20 year ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Quote:
Daniel-634934 said:

My first real date was when I was a 20 year old freshman in college. The 1st date was a movie, and real nice. HOWEVER, the second date which lead to that 1st kiss.... I was so excited that I walked across campus, went straight to my dorm, and threw up when I got there True story

And Dan, she probably went back to her dorm and broke out singing, "It's In His Kiss!" and proceded to talk ALL NIGHT to her roommate about it!

--hide--
LOL!!! I'm sure she did. Even though it was MY 1st kiss, I could tell she had kissed a feller a time or two before tongue

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: My first real date was when I was a 20 year old freshman in college. The 1st date was a movie, a...

--hide--

You remembered the kiss, do you remember the name of the movie? smile

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: (Quote) Daniel-634934 said: My first real date was when I was a 20 year ol...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

Quote:
Daniel-634934 said:

You remembered the kiss, do you remember the name of the movie?

--hide--
No Donna, I suffered a little brain damage from that kiss tongue

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: No Donna, I suffered a little brain damage from that kiss

No Donna, I suffered a little brain damage from that kiss

--hide--
The heck with the name of the movie, Donna, does he still remember the name of the GIRL! laughing laughing tongue

Posts 1 - 10 of 23