Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

11/16/2012 new

(Quote) Kenneth-887697 said: It is probably a bit selfish of me to do this, but, I am in need of guidance/help. I have been ...
(Quote) Kenneth-887697 said:

It is probably a bit selfish of me to do this, but, I am in need of guidance/help. I have been struggling with my faith and relationship with Christ lately, and it feels like I've been drifting away from Him, and the faith. Like I'm falling. What should I do?

--hide--
I would suggest you tell God that you are having problems and ask him to help,pray the Rosary regularly,spend an hour in Adoration or join a group within the Catholic Church(eg Opus Dei,Couples for Christ,a Rosary or Divine Mercy Prayer Group etc).

11/16/2012 new

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate the advice, prayers, and suggestions. I will pray for all of you, as well.

11/16/2012 new

(Quote) Kenneth-887697 said: It is probably a bit selfish of me to do this, but, I am in need of guidance/help. I have been ...

It is probably a bit selfish of me to do this, but, I am in need of guidance/help. I have been struggling with my faith and relationship with Christ lately, and it feels like I've been drifting away from Him, and the faith. Like I'm falling. What should I do?

--hide--

Praying rosary theheart

11/16/2012 new

--hide--
Kenneth, what do you think may be causing you to drift from your faith? Are your feelings influrenced by a personal disappointment? I will say a prayer for you. I will ask for Christ to fill you with peace and contentment. I will also pray that the Virgin Mary watch over you and here your prayers. rosary theheart

11/16/2012 new

Kenneth; I understand what you're going through. I've had to endure a number of hardships, over the past year and a half especially. It has really tested my faith. I just started re- reading a book titled here. now. a catholic guide to the good life by Amy Welborn; Our Sunday Visitor Publishing 2005. It's not a big book; the first few chapters have already helped me turn back in the right direction. The first recommendation is to get back to the Bible, in particular, the Gospels and read with an open heart and mind. That's what I am going to start doing, even before I finish Amys book. I pray you Gods blessing.

11/17/2012 new

--hide--

It is not a bit selfish to ask for prayer and guidance, that is why we are blessed to have this room. I am so glad you are here hug
You are in my prayers Praying I am a devout Catholic but, I sure have had my dark night of the soul. At these times I try and remember what Jesus went through during His time on earth...temptation to give up. Remember in the desert, in the Garden, on the Cross how he cried out begging for God to help Him? He is the very Son of God and he struggled, so who am I not to struggle? These are the times we can use to understand our weaknesses and cry out to the Lord. At these times I literally force myself to go the tabernacle or better yet Adoration because I feel like what's the point, what good will it do. I find out:) I feel at peace, I feel the connection starting again. I make the effort because I know He will love me through whatever I am going through unconditionally. He is always patiently waiting for us. theheart

God bless you and may Our Blessed Mother lift you up to Her Son. He cannot refuse Her anything.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God... that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

11/17/2012 new

Praying Praying rosary

Bless you for reaching out.. Count on my prayers.. And Mother Mary as well..

In Him,

K

11/17/2012 new

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God... that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

rosary theheart Dove

11/17/2012 new

Praying Praying

11/19/2012 new

--hide--

Hold on to Him, specially when you feel like falling. Mmany great saints, incluiding Mother Theresa have experienced struggles such as these. The best thing you could do is talk with a priest about it. Dont waste time, and go to your parish and speak to the pastor.

Blessing.

Posts 11 - 20 of 22