Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: With so many beautiful and charming women here on CM, I wanted to become the next Aloha Carl I r...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

With so many beautiful and charming women here on CM, I wanted to become the next Aloha Carl I really don't think that is ever going to happen because of the competition I face in the form of: Jerry from Mesquite, Leon from Houston, Victor from Norristown, and Ray from Milwaukee, and the list goes on and on. Therefore, I have decided to concede, and just be one of the average Joe's here.

And you guys thought I was leaving Have a great weekend everybody! I love you all

--hide--

Daniel,

I am not sure any man could be the next Aloha Carl. He is one of a kind.

I am flattered and honored you would place me in the same company of the men in your post. I will speak only for myself. You can believe me when I say I am competition for no one.

Don't ever concede. Gives the appearance of throwing in the towel. There are tons of great women in your age range just waiting for you to take the next step. Considering your location in Texas, you may have to travel further but it is doable. As the Army slogan goes, "be all that you can be". You are as good as any other man.

Be cautious of every word you post and in your profile. Women read these and get a mental impression of what you are in real life. Give everyone their due respect and love, don't belittle anyone especially publically and you will be fine. If you have any that don't care for you, pray for them. No matter what you are or portray as a person, most people will not be liked by 100% of the membership. Just a way of life.

Your friend in Texas.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: With so many beautiful and charming women here on CM, I wanted to become the next Aloha Carl I r...

With so many beautiful and charming women here on CM, I wanted to become the next Aloha Carl I really don't think that is ever going to happen because of the competition I face in the form of: Jerry from Mesquite, Leon from Houston, Victor from Norristown, and Ray from Milwaukee, and the list goes on and on. Therefore, I have decided to concede, and just be one of the average Joe's here.

And you guys thought I was leaving Have a great weekend everybody! I love you all

--hide--
Well Hello Darlin', heart hug

There is nuttin "average" about you. In my book you are "ABOVE AVERAGE". Don't sell yourself short, dear. wink

This post is being brought to you by one of the "Plain Janes's". laughing laughing

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: (Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Daniel....thank you. But Carl DID have one thr...

Quote:
Jerry-730726 said:

Daniel....thank you. But Carl DID have one thread NONE of us have done. We are.....

Tell me about it. I think I just laid an egg

--hide--
Hey Dan,

Since no one else will speak up about Aloha Carl's thread, I'll just spell it out for ya! wink

Carl would constantly have "Kissing" threads going. They were the most popular ones on CM. The ladies would trip over themselves trying to get in one of his threads. laughing

P.S. In my mind I always referred to him as the "Kissing Bandit". hersheyskiss hersheyskiss embarassed shhh

Nov 17th 2012 new

So sad to see one of our knight-errant leaving us.

You will be missed.

Hope you will return soon. wave

Nov 17th 2012 new

--hide--

Please don't go
I just found this place.
It's not a competiton
nor is it a race.

Just a gathering of folks
from all over the place
who like to tell jokes,
and we like your face......

and Jerry's and Leon's, Victor and Ray's
and all the other's from the Sea to the Bay.
One big happy family at the end of the day,
so please by all means, all y'all stay!

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Daniel,I am not sure any man could be the next Aloha Carl. He is one of a kind.
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Daniel,

I am flattered and honored you would place me in the same company of the men in your post. I will speak only for myself. You can believe me when I say I am competition for no one.

Don't ever concede. Gives the appearance of throwing in the towel. There are tons of great women in your age range just waiting for you to take the next step. Considering your location in Texas, you may have to travel further but it is doable. As the Army slogan goes, "be all that you can be". You are as good as any other man.

Be cautious of every word you post and in your profile. Women read these and get a mental impression of what you are in real life. Give everyone their due respect and love, don't belittle anyone especially publically and you will be fine. If you have any that don't care for you, pray for them. No matter what you are or portray as a person, most people will not be liked by 100% of the membership. Just a way of life.

Your friend in Texas.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Yah.. The difference is, we women could fill our profiles with Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh all across the page because we know y'all don't read them.. You guys just look at the pictures..

laughing laughing

rolling eyes

Nov 17th 2012 new

--hide--
Dan -- As we used to say in the service, all of us guys put our pants on the same way, meaning we're on an equal plane. CM is a melting pot consisting of people from different backgrounds, jobs, economic situations, races, and so on..... This applies to the guys and gals equally. Mercifully, we're not all cookie-cutter people because that would be pure boredom. People's tastes and preferences differ, so there's no specific personality type that jumps out at people (except for a few with sour grapes attitudes that pop up occasionally and that's not a positive factor at all).

This comes down to equal opportunity for all. There are women out there who would enjoy meeting many of the guys on CM. The guys just have to get themselves out there.

What works for one doesn't necessarily work for all. We aren't here to be competitive or imitate others-- we'd be fooling ourselves to try that. You mentioned Jerry, Victor and Leon specifically. They are good guys as are you and the rest of the gang. The 3 you mentioned are quite different from each other, and aren't in a competitive mode. No need to be. There are plenty of ladies out there to please anyone's preferences; the same applies to the guys. None of us could ever be everything to everyone.

Just relax, and above all --- be yourself.

Now pick-up your towel, will ya?

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Daniel,I am not sure any man could be the next Aloha Carl. He is one of a kind.
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Daniel,

Your friend in Texas.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
You're right about most people not being liked by 100% of the membership. Meant to talk to you about that, Leon..... laughing

(For the benefit of those who might take that remark seriously -- DON'T.) We enjoy kidding each other.

You mentioned Carl as being one of a kind. True. The same applies to you, Leon, and Jerry, Victor, Daniel, and all of the other men. All of us are unique!!! There are no two identical people on earth. That adds to the interest, spices up life, and makes the world go around. It also makes it challenging at times, but that adds to one's character. (Yeah, speaking of characters....... laughing )

Glad to see your pearls of wisdom (as always).

And blessings to you, too, my Texas amigo....

Nov 17th 2012 new

--hide--

Hi Daniel ! wave

There is nothing average about anyone of us here ... We are all fearfully and wonderfully made..

Psalm 139 one of my favorites.. if you have time here is a nice song
www.youtube.com

and you can't be the average Joe anyway because your name is Daniel wink

Love and prayers to all of us here as we sometimes feel like we are not valued for who we are.. But God loves us all just the same ...

I feel so insignificant many times.. but I turn to Jesus and tell him .. use me to be your hands and feet in the world.. I don't know the way so please Lord show me the way and the right words to write ...

Big hug to everyone hug and Praying

Kathleen

Nov 17th 2012 new
Well that's some mighty tough competition but what the heck your profile picture has a bowtie so how could you leave....

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: With so many beautiful and charming women here on CM, I wanted to become the next Aloha Carl I really don...

--hide--
Posts 11 - 20 of 78