Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

To kind of COUNTERBALANCE fluffy my earlier thread: cloud

I have become quite a Laundress over these years.

Are there other women or men who feel an affinity for fabric, soap, other accessories Hot water, cold water, agitation and a good machine? I find that Baking Soda has made a world of difference in the cleansing process and that SOAKING is where it is at!

cloud fluffy

11/17/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier thread: I have become quite a Laundress<...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier thread:

I have become quite a Laundress over these years.

Are there other women or men who feel an affinity for fabric, soap, other accessories Hot water, cold water, agitation and a good machine? I find that Baking Soda has made a world of difference in the cleansing process and that SOAKING is where it is at!

--hide--

A baketress and a laundress, multi-tasking, eh? Like Zoom Rolling Along , I often tend to think of "laundry" as the dreaded "L" word... but I do like the feel of nice clean clothes, towels, and sheets ... baking soda, eh? scratchchin

11/17/2012 new

Laundry is my favorite chore. Everything smells awesome, it's nice and warm, and you have a bunch of new clothes to wear without having to stress out about it. I'm doing laundry tomorrow and I'm really excited about it.

11/17/2012 new

I love doing the laundry! There is just something about filling the machine up, adding the soap, fabric softener later, the sound of it....I also have fond memories of my mom teaching me the proper way to wash clothes when I was a teenager. She had a precise way of doing it and of course, with being my mom, her way was the best (and still is) biggrin

I air dry a lot of clothes and there is something calming about this - hanging the clothes up on hangers and using clothespins, making sure the clothes are nice and straight - I have a special spot in the house to do this when it's too cold outside to use the clothesline.

As a side note, I also love to do the dishes, especially rinse. I'll admit, I'm a water-waster just because I keep rinsing and rinsing. It's calming and refreshing. Oh, and I suppose this, too, has memories - when I was younger I remember watching my Grandma and Grandpa doing the dishes together - they had a lot of fun with it, laughing and telling stories.

heart

11/18/2012 new

All of these chores can be very calming. There is something about laundry that is more calming than the others but all of these..baking, cooking, laundry can be very calming and washing dishes can be very nice too.

I have some special ways I like to launder too...

Yes baking soda and a good soak after agitation, makes a huge difference. I would love to air dry laundry if I could- sometimes I do! :fluffly: cloud

11/18/2012 new

We have to do laundry? Really?

laughing You know, I like to hang my clothes to dry. Yep. Weird thing I have learned about myself and my laundry tactics.

11/18/2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: We have to do laundry? Really?You know, I like to hang my clothes to dry. Yep. Weird thin...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

You know, I like to hang my clothes to dry. Yep. Weird thing I have learned about myself and my laundry tactics.

--hide--

I like doing these chores more in the winter because it is cold outside and all of these are more fun when it is cold....... I just detailed my laundry procedure- just the washing and soaking part for Dan...
these are things I picked up over the years and beagn to spontaneously experiment with....

you enjoy hanging them up.. This is a fun thread isn't it? fluffy cloud

11/18/2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Celia-821539 said: We have to do laundry? Really?You know, I lik...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Celia-821539 said:

You know, I like to hang my clothes to dry. Yep. Weird thing I have learned about myself and my laundry tactics.

I like doing these chores more in the winter because it is cold outside and all of these are more fun when it is cold....... I just detailed my laundry procedure- just the washing and soaking part for Dan...
these are things I picked up over the years and beagn to spontaneously experiment with....

you enjoy hanging them up.. This is a fun thread isn't it?

--hide--

Curious, who is Dan? Is this your new boe?
11/18/2012 new

If the clothes would fold themselves and put themselves away, it wouldn't be so bad.

Ok - another thing, I hate shopping!

11/18/2012 new
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: If the clothes would fold themselves and put themselves away, it wouldn't be so bad. Ok - a...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

If the clothes would fold themselves and put themselves away, it wouldn't be so bad.

Ok - another thing, I hate shopping!

--hide--

I do too! Shopping is a dreadful experience! faint
Posts 1 - 10 of 77