Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Nov 12th 2012 new

Meaty Lasagna

Nov 18th 2012 new

Is this the new cooking thread? I made popcorn in a big pot last night. I used olive oil. It is good. I am sad that our children today are growing up with microwave popcorn which is just awful! I asked a clssroom of children if they knew how to make REAL popcorn. I don't think they do. Plus I like the taste of burnt popcorn in with the popcorn a little. I don't try to get it that way but am pleased if I do.

Nov 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Is this the new cooking thread? I made popcorn in a big pot last night. I used olive oil. It is good. I am sad ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Is this the new cooking thread? I made popcorn in a big pot last night. I used olive oil. It is good. I am sad that our children today are growing up with microwave popcorn which is just awful! I asked a clssroom of children if they knew how to make REAL popcorn. I don't think they do. Plus I like the taste of burnt popcorn in with the popcorn a little. I don't try to get it that way but am pleased if I do.

--hide--

Try this!! From 100 Days of Real Food on FaceBook

"When I first heard about microwaving popcorn in a brown paper lunch bag I could not imagine that something so simple would really work. A blog reader actually shared this suggestion with me, and it took me a while to work up enough courage to try it out. I am so glad I finally did because approximately 3 minutes and 15 seconds later I had fresh, fluffy, whole-grain popcorn that hadnt been touched by a drop of oil, salt, sugar, or any other additives. And after lightly seasoning it myself with a tad of oil and salt it was delicious! I will never waste my money on those store-bought microwave bags ever again."

www.100daysofrealfood.com
Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Is this the new cooking thread? I made popcorn in a big pot last night. I used olive oil. It is g...

--hide--

I use a hot air popper. And then of course melt real butter on top.

Nov 18th 2012 new
My Parish Thanksgiving dinner was last night. With leftovers, I made an open faced hot turkey sandwich and whole berry cranberry sauce. So good!
Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: My Parish Thanksgiving dinner was last night. With leftovers, I made an open faced hot turkey sandwich a...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: My Parish Thanksgiving dinner was last night. With leftovers, I made an open faced hot turkey sandwich and whole berry cranberry sauce. So good!
--hide--

Yummm, Helen, I love hot turkey sandwiches and whole berry cranberry sauce. I think I'll have some on Thursday! My menu will likely include a turkey breast and drumstick Turkey! in the slow cooker overnight (with a stick of butter, and lightly seasoned), potatoes boiled in dill, then mashed with some of the overly rich butter-gravy from the slowcooker (I can put that on a slice of bread and call it a sandwich wink), gotta have some "red stuff" (whole cranberry sauce), corn, relish tray, and a slice of Potica, just like mom used to make. Only thing missing will be Mom and Dad, and my Aunt's special dinner rolls.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Is this the new cooking thread? I made popcorn in a big pot last night. I used olive oil. It is g...

--hide--

Olive oil? I remember how good popcorn tasted when it was made with coconut oil, which I guess the don't do any more due to concerns about cholesterol. I do have an air popper, which is still better than microwave popcorn, yuk, but not as good as coconut oil. Does anyone still get the Jiffy Pop? Do they even still make that? I remember the commercials, but not so much the taste.

Nov 18th 2012 new
Dang. Now you made me hungry...

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: My Parish Thanksgiving dinner was last night. With leftovers, I made an open faced hot turkey sandwich and whole ...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: My Parish Thanksgiving dinner was last night. With leftovers, I made an open faced hot turkey sandwich and whole berry cranberry sauce. So good!
--hide--
Nov 18th 2012 new
Tonight I enjoyed chicken fajitas -----yummmmmm

Then I went shopping for my Thanksgiving ham that my sister in law will add her special touches to this next weekend.....can't wait!
Nov 18th 2012 new
I forgot how much I love whole cranberry sauce! Ocean Spray is the only kind that I buy.

Eating German chocolate cake right now!!
Posts 71 - 80 of 200