Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 19th 2012 new

Mass and Adoration. Then go for a stroll and perhaps end up having a pic nic by the beach or in some park where we can talk and have a laugh. Id leave the dinners and films perhaps for a second date.

Blessings

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: So you are finally going to meet that dream gal or guy for the very first time. What is your idea...
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said:

So you are finally going to meet that dream gal or guy for the very first time. What is your ideal setting for such an occasion?

--hide--
The beach. Go for a stroll, play sand volleyball or just play in the sand, then grab something to eat.

Or if she's a dog person, maybe bring our dogs for a walk and play in the dog park. Dogs are perfect chaperones laughing

Nov 19th 2012 new

Meet up for coffee or drink and then see where things go after that!

Nov 19th 2012 new

I think a nice cappucino at a cafe is always good. Well it is for me tongue Then maybe a stroll through the park.

Nov 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: What is my ideal first date??? To have a first date!
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

What is my ideal first date??? To have a first date!

--hide--

Amen Alice, I'd just like to have a date!!! highfive
Nov 19th 2012 new

I agree; I'd be up for tea or other beverage at a cafe to talk, in between meals. If things go well, a meal and a walk somewhere would be great!

Nov 20th 2012 new

Hi Jenny, shoot, I better pay more attention. I just posted almost the exact thing in the regular forums. Sorry, not meaning to copy.

Hot chocolate, beach stroll.

Nov 20th 2012 new

Friendly, dimly lit Italian restaurant. Great conversation, laughs and good food. Red wine. Frank Sinatra music in the background. Effortless conversation. Semi-formal dress. Interesting pauses, eye contact and smiles. We agree to meet again.

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Anna-671172 said: Mass and Adoration. Then go for a stroll and perhaps end up having a pic nic by the beach or in so...
(Quote) Anna-671172 said:

Mass and Adoration. Then go for a stroll and perhaps end up having a pic nic by the beach or in some park where we can talk and have a laugh. Id leave the dinners and films perhaps for a second date.

Blessings

--hide--

Anna, absolutely right on, in my opinion.

Nov 21st 2012 new

depends on the person and what she is comfortable with... here are some examples of "first dates" I've had via CM:

- Lunch and the Mall of America
- Dinner and then a service at Church
- the State Fair
- met at a Cathedral, visited a future saint's tomb, and then to lunch and a walk by the lake
- met at a baseball game
- picked up at the airport, taken to dinner, and then to a thrift store, and a walk by the river (this being a long distance f2f, after six months of correspondence to get comfortable with each other)

Nothing overtly romantic, but rather meetings in safe places, with lots of other people around, with casual, pressure free converation, and at some point the opportunity to share our Spritual sides, even if only to stop to say grace before eating.

Posts 11 - 20 of 35