Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 17th 2012 new

I thank God for everything in my life.

Nov 17th 2012 new
I am thankful for the time I can spend with my kids. I'm thankful my ex can house and support them. I'm thankful for my work in an inner city Catholic school, and the students who are my spiritual children in many ways. I'm thankful for my father, and a place to live.
Nov 18th 2012 new

That my parents are still alive, and I'll be able to spend Thanksgiving with them.

Nov 18th 2012 new

I'm thankful for every day, every gift, every provision God gives me.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Nov 19th 2012 new
I thank God for Priests who call us to be thankful for Gods blessings. This morning our invited us to attend a service at church tomorrow night, the Methodist minister will lead the prayer service, it will be her last time as she retires at the end of December. I thank God for being blessed with a community that cares. When someone is in need all of the churches come together to help. Every month the food pantry gives out around a thousand dollars of help to others. And when someone loses a lived one people still show up in your door step with the proverbial casserole or bucket of chicken as an outward sign they want to share your pain along with your joys. How blessed we are as a nation to have religious freedom. It is my sincere prayer that the grassroots efforts to preserve this right in my community is spread throughout our nation.......
Nov 19th 2012 new

I thank God for giving me the where-with-all to assist my oldest son in getting the twins in here for Christmas. Just seeing those 2 angels is enough Christmas for me!

Nov 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I thank God for giving me the where-with-all to assist my oldest son in getting the twins in here for Christmas...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I thank God for giving me the where-with-all to assist my oldest son in getting the twins in here for Christmas. Just seeing those 2 angels is enough Christmas for me!

--hide--

Christmas with kids - the best kind of Christmas!

I am thankful I will be a great Aunt just in time for Christmas... Little Mark should arrive around the 15th of December
Nov 19th 2012 new

I thank God for the little things that can make me very happy:

a wordless emotigram from a former CMer who still occasional signs on, just to say I'm thought of;
wordy emotigrams or messages from active CM friends who think of me;
people who pray for posted intentions.

In the grand scheme of things, these are really small gestures.
But in the grand scheme of things, the small things matter greatly!!!

heart hug biggrin

Nov 19th 2012 new
I thank God for his many blessings!

Earlier today I was talking to Calvin from drug court in P.... County. Turns out he knew my son when he was in third grade going to B...,. Grade school. He is now in charge of running a drug court in P...... County which is about an hours drive from where my son wet to school. He actually remembered my son and me, though that part doesn't exactly surprise me because my son was angry at me for moving him to that school district at the time and I think I spent thirty minutes of each morning hearing what had happened the day before.....if you thought going to the principals office was bad when you were a kid it is even worse when you are trying to figure out how to keep out of there as and adult.

When Calvin heard my story of the letter Andrew wrote himself five years ago he started making plans how he can use the information I provided to help those he is serving in drug court, he was just waiting for my permission.....I thank God for providing this person who is trying to help others! And I marvel that he sent someone who met my son and I so very long ago......
Nov 19th 2012 new
I thank God for providing a community that prays together twice a year, tonight a group of people came together in the Catholic Church to praise him and worship together though we were Catholic, Baptist, Assembly of God, Pentecostal and Methodist....it really was such a nice service and we were reminded of all the blessings God has bestowed upon us throughout this past year.....
Posts 121 - 130 of 200