Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Wow, I just looked and someone started a petition for Illinois to secede!!! Of course, ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Wow, I just looked and someone started a petition for Illinois to secede!!! Of course, it only has 1,681 signatures so far. But, that would be a little embarrassing for Obama, wouldn't it?

--hide--

I do not believe that, that would embarrass Obama at all. In this Union, it is a given that people are allowed to speak their minds, have a right to protest, sign petitions and make fools of themselves if they so wish. Assuming they would really wish to secede, they would certainly be outnumbered by Obama supporters and realistic progressives, who I suspect would tell the petitioners to get out, and "close the door" on their way out.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Hmmm...I wonder how many of those people actually live in Texas. You can put yo...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Hmmm...I wonder how many of those people actually live in Texas. You can put your names on those petitions even for states you don't live in. According to this: www.unc.edu

Since Sunday, "the average signer has signed more than two petitions."

Besides, if being a sore loser in a presidential campaign were a reason, you wouldn't think Texas would be one to go. Romney got 57% of the vote in Texas, but he got 73% in Utah. And over 65% in Wyoming and Oklahoma. Those are the states you would think would leave. I bet Texas has more in common with the rest of the US than Utah does.

--hide--

You are right. On the Texas petition, there are signatories from all over the country and even one from Tokyo. You can actually see every one who signs a petition and where they are from.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Hmmm...I wonder how many of those people actually live in Texas. You can put yo...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Hmmm...I wonder how many of those people actually live in Texas. You can put your names on those petitions even for states you don't live in. According to this: www.unc.edu

Since Sunday, "the average signer has signed more than two petitions."

Besides, if being a sore loser in a presidential campaign were a reason, you wouldn't think Texas would be one to go. Romney got 57% of the vote in Texas, but he got 73% in Utah. And over 65% in Wyoming and Oklahoma. Those are the states you would think would leave. I bet Texas has more in common with the rest of the US than Utah does.

--hide--

and I wonder how many of those signatories have read A Tale of Two Cities? scratchchin shhh

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: You are right. On the Texas petition, there are signatories from all over the country and even one...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

You are right. On the Texas petition, there are signatories from all over the country and even one from Tokyo. You can actually see every one who signs a petition and where they are from.

--hide--

Yes there are. Guess they'll have to amend their process. Lot of Texas signers, though.

Posts 31 - 34 of 34