Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

11/19/2012 new
Just an update on this story. Leah was Baptized and Confirmed into the Church yesterday.

www.patheos.com
11/20/2012 new

I've been following Leah since her conversion, and I am so impressed with both her intelligence and her compassion. And the great thing is she's really not the exception, she's the rule. For everyone who points out to me that the Church is losing members I point out that for every 5 Cultural Catholics who leave the Church we get another Leah. While it's bad to lose Catholics I know that it makes us a stronger church!

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: I've been following Leah since her conversion, and I am so impressed with both her intelligence...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

I've been following Leah since her conversion, and I am so impressed with both her intelligence and her compassion. And the great thing is she's really not the exception, she's the rule. For everyone who points out to me that the Church is losing members I point out that for every 5 Cultural Catholics who leave the Church we get another Leah. While it's bad to lose Catholics I know that it makes us a stronger church!

--hide--

I've been following Leah and her blog for close to a year now. I think she is more intelligent and articulate than me in many ways, but boy can I relate to her! I was a rebellious, skeptical agnostic before God smacked me upside the head with Catholicism. I feel similarly, Matt. The young faithful Catholics and especially the converts that I know make me hopeful for the future of the Church.

Thanks for posting this, Charles.

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Christine-894237 said: (Quote) Matt-61677 said: I've been following Leah since her conver...
(Quote) Christine-894237 said:

Quote:
Matt-61677 said:

I've been following Leah and her blog for close to a year now. I think she is more intelligent and articulate than me in many ways, but boy can I relate to her! I was a rebellious, skeptical agnostic before God smacked me upside the head with Catholicism. I feel similarly, Matt. The young faithful Catholics and especially the converts that I know make me hopeful for the future of the Church.

Thanks for posting this, Charles.

--hide--

Good for you Christine! wave I would love to know exactly what brought you to the Faith, if you feel comfortable sharing.

Posts 11 - 14 of 14